Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,706 Gold!

To introduce our new special interest forum called 'Ghost Stories' we have decided to run a little 'Ghost' poll to find out what CelticRadio.net members think of the underworld! ghost.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
birddog20002001 
Posted on 16-Aug-2004, 11:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Isle of Man
ZodiacRowan

Realm: North Carolina

male

Cold chills on a hot summer day, psychic fortelling, astral projection, and remote viewing, I do believe in all of these for the simple fact that not only are humans power plants but so is every living thing, and on a more basic level power can be shown with highfrequency vibrations for ex. hold a spoon over a fire and through induction the handle of the spoon heats up because electrons are forced to speed up increasing the speed of the individual electrons around each other and eventually burning your fingers every thing we do has a reaction on the things around us altering the frequencies of those objects and possibly making a resonating impression. objects have memories and we can become a semi-permenant part of those memories by imparting an extreme emotional imprint.

At least that sounds good to me.

--------------------
"when a person is prepared to die for a cause, and indeed to glory in such a death, it impossible to supress him or the cause it represents." Jawaharlal Nehru

"Only the suppressed word is dangerous." Ludwig Borne

"All of our freedoms are a single bundle, all must be secure if any is to be preserved." Dwight David Eisenhower

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are both immortal and divine." Socrates
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted on 17-Aug-2004, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Easy answer: yes
I've not personally encountered one and known it, but sometimes you feel watched although noone's there. Hear voices when noone's talking, or see shapes in the window that have no reason for being there.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Shadows 
Posted on 17-Aug-2004, 07:54 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

In our religions we believe in eternal life, yet we tend to fear or deny the spirits that are this life. There are those that walk between the worlds both those of the flesh and those of the spirit; there is much to be learned from them. We have been taught to fear spirits (ghosts) by those that do not understand.

To answer your question : yes to the continuing life of "spirit" and NO to the Hollywood ghost.

This topic has now entered my world.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
freekenny 
Posted on 17-Aug-2004, 07:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo,
Of course I believe in 'spirits'....I have seen them, smelled them and been witness to their total capabilities..Spirits or ghosts exist because they are in part responsible for our future paths traveled, past questions answered and to assist us in our daily queries... angel.gif
Although many Native American groups placed great importance on individual spiritual experience, they were never spiritual consumers, nor were such experiences private. All supernatural encounters were evaluated, and accepted or rejected, by the elders of the tribe. The purpose of such experience was always the strengthening of the individual for good of the people, never simply personal edification.
Of course this is just my opinion..so again I say, aye, I do believe lookaround.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted on 17-Aug-2004, 07:58 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Personally, while I believe in souls, I do not believe in eart-bound ghosts. However, that does not mean that I don't believe in hautnings! Its just that I don't believe its ghosts that are doing the haunting! Ever heard of demons?

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
Posted on 17-Aug-2004, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I do believe in paranormal activity.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
ErikDeckers 
Posted on 18-Aug-2004, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacOak

Realm: Orlando, FL

male

I prefer to have people prove a negative -- that ghosts DON'T exist -- before I quit believing. And since you can't prove a negative, all I can say from a purely scientific point of view is NEENER NEENER NEENER!

--------------------
[color=blue][b]Erik Deckers
Visit my weekly humor blog
Laughing Stalk[COLOR=blue]
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.
WizardofOwls 
Posted on 18-Aug-2004, 03:12 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

QUOTE (deckers @ 18-Aug-2004, 04:55 PM)
I prefer to have people prove a negative -- that ghosts DON'T exist -- before I quit believing. And since you can't prove a negative, all I can say from a purely scientific point of view is NEENER NEENER NEENER!

Ummm.... Excuse me but, unless I am mistaken, the question involved here was one of opinion, not proof. Nowhere did I read anywhere that anyone had to prove anything, and since I am entitled to my own opinion, all I can say is NEENER NEENER NEENER back at ya! biggrin.gif
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted on 18-Aug-2004, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,113 Gold!

If your asking about the "stereotypical" ghost, then no, I don't believe, but there is something. I have experienced things that I can't explain. Did they originate in my own mind, were they "communications" from the "other side", friendly signs, sinister apparitions, or something else? I don't know, nor do I have to know. I just accept that there are many things that I (nor anyone else) can't explain or identify.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
MDF3530 
  Posted on 18-Aug-2004, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

When I say that I believe in paranormal activity, I don't mean stuff like crop circles or ghosts like Nearly Headless Nick in the "Harry Potter" books. I mean like those instances where you think you see something in your peripheral vison, but what you thought you saw isn't there when you look directly at the same spot.
Gordon 
Posted on 18-Aug-2004, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Texas

male

I definately believe since I once experienced something I was totally unable to explain and still can't. Where I used to live, there was an old town a few hours drive from my home that had 'died off' so to say. It was said that the town founders were exiled from England for witchcraft and were not at all happy about the exile but started the little place but it never really took hold and eventually faded away to a few old buildings and such. Well, I had been told that there were indeed activities that no one could explain that happen there on regular intervals so I wanted to see for myself. I took the drive and finally found the old place. All I can say is, eerie.....When I went, it was a hot, humid evening but the air around the town somehow felt cooler but more oppresive and harder to catch a breath in if you understand what I mean. Also, there wasn't a bird or insect sound to be heard which in itself was odd. The silence, once you stepped into the town square, was alarming. It was as if I had gone deaf.

--------------------
Lay you down in green meadows amongst the heather for it is there the music calls to your soul and beckons you home.
PMEmail Poster               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted on 22-Aug-2004, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

To answer the original Question.....Yes!

I currently reside in a house that has Ghosts who occupy it with us living folk. people whom I have never known and also some from my own family. So it makes for a very interesting living experience.

angel.gif
PMEmail Poster                
dragonwizard41189 
Posted on 21-Sep-2004, 03:30 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

male

i do believe in ghosts i have seen them .when i was a teen me and my brother ran off from our home one day we went walking in the woods because we could escape from our troubles at home .well on this certain day we walked for hours just listening to the sounds in the woods and enjoying our freedom .we the came upon and old house .and being kinda stupid we walked into the old house and met this old woman she was an elderly woman i can still remember the sweet smell of her perfume .she was very sweet to us and she told us that she had bought the house and was busy unpacking her things and trying to clean up at the same time we offered our help and got very busy into helping her not paying attention to how late it was getting we went on cleaning and unpacking until it started to get dark .we told her that we had to go and she told us how kind we were to help her .
because she had no family liveing that could help her .she gave us some change for helping and when you are young you dont care how much money that you got heck a couple of penny's would have been alot to any child at our ages .we thanked her and told her that we would come back the next day after school and help with more unpacking she thanked us and said i hope you do come back because iam very lonely and have no one to talk to .we told her bye and headed back on our way home .we couldnt wait to get home from school and go help the old lady. the day at school went by really quick to us and as soon as we got home we ran to the woods as fast as we could we came upon the old house and something was very different even from the distance you could tell something was wrong . we got to the porch and went in there was nothing there the house was empty and no sighn of the old lady just the dirty floors and cabinets that we had cleaned the day before .so when i say i do believe in ghosts i can say i really mean it .there is no other explanation i can think of she had to be a ghost .
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted on 23-Sep-2004, 03:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Absolutely. I believe in ghosts and I agree with Shadows on that that they are spirits walking between the worlds. They are nothing to be sacred of. I have had several experiences and if one is ready to "listen" they are great helpers and teachers.

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]