Patch 
Posted: 10-Sep-2009, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

The time has long passed when that war could be won. democracy will never take root in that area and all effort now, as you state, is a waste of life. Our (US) bungling has taken a small but well funded terrorist group and turned it into a massive Islamic religious movement. To crush that will require genocide on a scale that would make Hitler look like an alter boy! To save the part of the world that is not an Islamic theocracy it may come to that but I suspect that would be Armageddon of which the bible speaks.

No matter who they draft as the "poster child" the people now for the most part realize that we will have to fight terrorism on our soil.

Sadly, most are not prepared for that!

Slàinte,   

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 16-Sep-2009, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

Well, Palin still has 3 years to successfully impress the American voter's psyche, raise money then get nominated. She may be a successful provocateur as long as the media still covers every twit's twitter tweet, but I don't see much importance in her aside from that unless things change. She exists as persona in the great American cultural divide - player in a battle which becomes more incendiary with every Obama policy decision, but has not been limited to nor instigated by him. The conservative side has merely become the more vociferous cultural force of late. Whoever's in the political minority screams the loudest and feels the most trampled upon. Bush was comparted to Hitler, now Obama is. Hyperbole trumps thought and reason and decorum is thrown out the window as we panic over fictions and are obstinate in our unwillingness to see issues in a reasonable light.

People love to ignite their own righteous indignation with some nebulously defined metacause, and in their hysteria will embrace sound bite elucidations, sloganry and jingoism and the pseudo analysis of media hack pundits whose authority and expertise is legitimised only by wide exposure. On the surface, the culture war is nothing if not superficial, and unfortunately for us all, confrontations occur predominately at that level. Its conducive to television, and television is the true American idol to which we pay the daily tribute of our attention. No wonder politicians like Palin gain inroads into the American collective psyche in such a climate. She can convey her ideas in "soundbite-ease", a skill conducive to obfuscation and hiding the extent of one's ignorance.

Palin's popular appeal among some sectors has not thwarted her incompetence in national politics. She was scared away with a few accusations and comes back swinging on a Facebook page where its nice and safe. She's ill equipped mentally and psychologically to handle national leadership and will be elected to high office at our peril.

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 16-Sep-2009, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Unfortunately both she and obama are about equally qualified. Both could do an acceptable job but right now most of the country does not see much hope for either.

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 16-Sep-2009, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

QUOTE (Antwn @ 16-Sep-2009, 12:52 PM)
She's ill equipped mentally and psychologically to handle national leadership and will be elected to high office at our peril.

Of course you know I disagree with your assessment of Palin's mental capacity. But how is her being elected at our peril different from what we have now?

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 26-Sep-2009, 06:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Sarah Palin emerged from a two month absence from public view. She gave a private speech, which was heavy on foreign policy, to a group of investors in Hong Kong.

Her 90 minute speech, delivered to an investment conference, touched on issues from financial markets to health care, Afghanistan and U.S China relations. It was generally considered more moderate in tone than any she delivered during the 2008 campaign.

She appears to have been a quicker "study" than obama. I suspected she was undergoing a re-make and it has started. I would guess she will be polished like a fine diamond by 2010/2011 as campaigning picks up!!

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 26-Sep-2009, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Patch;

As I stated a Puppet, but then all candidates and potential candidates are Puppets.
Her big advantage is hers malleability combined with her looks.

Camac.

SCShamrock 
Posted: 26-Sep-2009, 07:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

OUR advantage might be a politician that doesn't schmooze with the media or s.i.g.'s and isn't afraid to take on her own party.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 26-Sep-2009, 08:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

For the Republican party to recover, that is exactly what has to happen. I do not know who her promoter's are but would guess the party is involved in the "grooming". I hope she remains her own person and just polishes the presentation. In a year we should know.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]