Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
246,383 Gold!

(d)  (d)  (d)

I just wanted to congradulate Falachaidh on her website on our celtichearts.com free webpages! Great job! To see her website, go to the menu on the main page and look up member directory.

The webpage space is completely free of advertising or cost! And you can choose to use the online editor or upload your files using an off-line html editor.

Like everything on this website, it is in a constant state of improvement and over the course of the next few months we will beef up the free webpages with celtic templates and a huge library of celtic graphics!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
maggiemahone1 
  Posted: 21-Apr-2002, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I agree with you MacFive, Falachaidh has a great site.  It's good to know even if she had a few sit-backs she didn't let it get the best of her, she just had a determination to go own and  now she is reaping some of the rewards.  Great going!!

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Falachaidh 
  Posted: 23-Apr-2002, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Central Florida

Thanks guys!!!
I really enjoyed building what I have so far. I'm inclined to keep going too. I really really like the wysiwyg editor. it's helping me learn a bit of html too. Whenever I viewed the source on other pages, it confused the heck out of me, but now it's all piecing together. Thanks so much for this editor!! It's the best I've ever worked with. I've given up so many times because of the limitedness of other editors, but this oen doesn't limit me at all.
Yes, there were a few setbacks, but they really weren't hard to work through.. even if I wound up doing things the long way at first ;)
The only thing I really noticed is I went through all the other pages in the parent directory and besides me and Scottish2, I didn't see any other web pages! The one thing I did have to figure out is to rename the personal1.html page to index.html that way the parent would know that is the first page and reference it correctly.

I am open to any ideas on how to improve my page. I don't feel it quite cuts it, but was at a total loss on what to put up there, and even what format. You guys have to give me yoru honest opinion on the descriptions.html. If you click on the squiggly line at the bottom of the main page, will take you there. That page was created out of a true and total loss of creativity!

anyways, now I've rambled on way too much and am so happy you guys like it :)
and I am so happy this station has offered the web service!! thanks!!!

--------------------
Dance Life to the Fullest.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 23-Apr-2002, 06:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
246,383 Gold!

Thanks for the feedback Falachaidh (d)  (d)  (d)

We are new at offering free webpages, so I am sure we are going to stumble on a few bugs here and there. Our plans are to greatly expand our free webpage section to become a complete hosting site. In fact, it will be called Highlander Hosting and will eventually have alot of cool stuff on it. So, your feedback goes a long way to developing this part of Highlander Radio.

I think it might be good to have some better help files on creating the webpages and also on graphics. We'll get there eventually, but like a good bottle of wine, it is going to take some time!  (m)
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Falachaidh 
Posted: 24-Apr-2002, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

The only thing I think I wanted to reference was what each thing did. Like a help file on what each of the options looked like. For example a list of small gifs on what the dividers look like. That basically is what ate up a lot of my time while creating. i didn't really know what I wanted, so I went through all of the picture options.. each time the page reloaded. :)
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 24-Apr-2002, 03:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Well if you have any questions about HTML feel free to ask. Either Paul or myself should be able to answer most questions though I admit Paul's light years ahead of me on website programing. But even I am getting there slowly.  :)
PMEmail Poster               
Falachaidh 
  Posted: 25-Apr-2002, 12:48 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

Great! Thanks for all the help you guys! I know you both work hard on this site and I am really appreciative for it being up. I hope it continues to grow (even as I get lost in the forums!;).
I feel like a special member, being a part since November of last year.. watching it grow like a pup!
(cry)  <---way too sentimental!
(h)
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 25-Apr-2002, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

And we both have new items we're adding to the sites to make them more of a great community and user friendly.  :D

Like my new quick menu system I plan on opening to the general public in the next day or so I hope providing I can get the last few things nailed down.
PMEmail Poster               
Falachaidh 
Posted: 25-Apr-2002, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

I have the ultimate faith in you! The new menu system will be great. i went to have a look on your testing site, but I couldn't seem to get past all the macromedia flash approvals. I kept saying yes, but it wanted to install flash. so  :(  i just closed your site.

I added a new avatar for me.. how does it look?
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 25-Apr-2002, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Try it again. I am not using Flash at all this is just a JAVA applet no flash involved as far as I know.

http://www.celticradio.net/scottish/Frame1.htm

Let me know if you have troubles with it.

Also new avatar  looks great suits you well. :)
PMEmail Poster               
Falachaidh 
Posted: 25-Apr-2002, 01:24 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

Ok I'm in. It was asking if I wanted an update version of crescendo via LiveUpdate.. i think it's this computer really.
Laptop with only 4 megs...
Anyways.. so now where do I find the new menu?

thanks about the avatar! btw, i'm in the chat room now :)
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 25-Apr-2002, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Right at the top you can't miss it. Has Paul's 4 tune in buttons for listening to his broadcast. (Note ONLY the Win Amp button is currently working right) and the 5 buttons below work though I have to see how to target them to open in the bottom frame. Currently they open in a separate window which is one of the tweaks I need to make. But over all it is working.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]