Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 50 Posts In One Day, Is This A CR Record?
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 12-Jan-2005, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Annabelle dear,

I love ya like a sister and would not want to offend or upset you, but can we please just let this go? No harm was done.

As far as I know, no one is or ever has been racing! At least I know for certain that I was never racing. I was pretty much just chatting outside of the chat room. I'm not even really certain that I understand exactly what you mean by racing! If, by racing, you mean trying to attain a certain number of posts, like I did trying to reach 2,000, I'm sorry about that too! But ever since I first joined CR and saw that page labeled "Overall Top 10 Posters," I have dreamed of getting my name on that page. Sorry, maybe its silly, but its also the truth. It always seemed to me like some mystical club for special members only. If trying to attain the goal of seeing my name on that list is what you mean by "racing" then I guess I am guilty as charged.

If, by racing, you mean trying to get the mosts posts in one day, then once again I must say that I am innocent. I have never set with the goal in mind of trying to get the most posts in one day. I just enjoy talking with my friends here on CR, and if I see a thread that interests me, I post on it. Somedays I may not have any posts, others I may anywhere from 20-50. But its not a goal, just a by-product.

The only thing I can say that I am definitely guilty of was the day I tried to get my name on all of the main topic headings, and I tried to write only posts that added something to the threads I posted to, not junk posts. If you found those boring, once again I'm sorry.

As far as I know, we stayed pretty close to the topic in each thread we posted in. I always try to stay on topic in every thread I post on. And if we DID happen to stray from topic, again I am sorry. It was not intentional. At least on my part.

But I must also say this. I joined this site to have fun. Plain and simple. When a topic is serious, I am serious. When there is humor, I enjoy the humor too. If you find my posts boring, once again I am very sorry. I enjoy your posts and look forward to the times when our paths cross on the threads. I would never dream of attacking you the way you have me, twice now, even if I found one (or many) of your posts boring, simply because I respect you as a friend and person. If I found one of your threads boring, I would simply stop reading and choose another thread that more closely suited my tastes. Its that simple.

But I will maintain my good humor to the end despite all of that! I love ya dear, and I hope that we can just put this matter behind us and move on, okay? Please?

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maisky 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 07:33 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

Sir Wizard, sometimes you just need to LIGHTEN UP. biggrin.gif
Some of us find the dead-serious threads boring. We ALL love Annabelle and most of us have gotten to joke with her. We all get to have a bad day now and then. I am still waiting for MINE...... angel_not.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

And you wonder why I spend less time around the boards these days.

If you want to post nonsense and more often, we have a chat for that purpose. It may be harmless fun to some, but when it's all said and done, the board does degrade after a while. Purpose goes out the window. We're here to share, not post.

One board I am a part of removed the post counter for this very reason. We get less posts that way, but at least they all have a point. It may be something to think of implimenting here. What is it saying when the most active threads are about post count? And there are a handfull on the front page of the GD forum?

Don't worry, I'm not upset or uptight, just seeing a trend that happens on all boards at times. An annoying trend all the same. One I would preffer not seeing on my favorite boards.

Anyway, later guys. I think I'm going to join ASEgan.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 11:21 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I have a idea let start all over again. I would say take this thread out. It is just stupid that we are even talking about it. This is the last time I shall speak on this subject. I am over it!!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I hear you, oldraven. And yes, Rindy, I won't comment on the subject again also.
I came to a decision though which is not an spontaneous one. I have been thinking about it for quite a while now. And I won't take it back.
I have been a member of Celtic Radio for almost 1 1/2 year now. I always loved this place and in a way I still do. I have never ever had any trouble with Mac or any mod nor with members...I never got a warning or was in danger to be "booted"...I'm telling this to make sure that there is no such reason for me to come to this point now.
I will stay away from Celtic Radio for a while and take a long break. . I may have a look every now and then but I won't participate at all. Just to see where the place will go to.
This is no offense for anybody. It's not anybody's "guilt"...it's just me. I feel I don't fit here anymore. When I'm listening inside there is.... emptyness. So I need a break.
I didn't want to "disappear" without letting my friends know. I don't want to have anybody worrying about me. Those who are close to me know how to stay in contact and we will do so.
As I said before, I won't take this back. Please do respect it.

Stay safe, all of you!

Gabby

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,386 Gold!

Hi everyone!

My apologies for my absense of important issues on the board. To be honest with you, I have been spending the last week battling spammers, worm attacks and search engine bot hogs in order to keep this place running!

A few reminders that I would like to make to echo some concerns I received through email, PM and from reading the posts.

I would like to remind everyone that the Jester's Court is the best place to post "fun" topics of interest. I think we have kinda gotten away from that and now we have alot of topics being posted in the General forum that maybe belong in other categories. Beginning soon I may start moving alot of posts into their appropriate catagories.

I will try and get some guidelines back up on the General forum. But lets try to limit the posts to items related to the purpose of this site: Celtic Music, Culture, Note worthy News stories that effect us all, important items that have happened in our lives, etc.

In addition, I am very concerned with members posting just to get their post numbers up. This is not a race nor is it acceptable for you to be shooting for 100 or 200 posts a day. I am also concerned with posts being made that have little content in their message. This amounts to little more than spam and I can tell you that any sort of spamming will be dealt with quickly and swiftly by deny your entire internet provider access to CelticRadio.net.

So everyone please remember: Be thoughtful in your posting and replies!

Thankyou!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I can see why some might think ill of this thread. I believe it gives impressions of people speed posting, which would not be a good thing for the health of this community. Generally these forums would not be the place to look for instant responses. If you want that, hop in the chat room smile.gif

There should be no call for post races. That's not what this place is about. I don't get the impression that one was ever actually intended here myself, but I can easilly see how someone might get that impression and decide to run with it after reading this. Sure, feel free to have fun on this site. After all, posts do tend to run the gamut here. Just keep in mind, that you don't have to flood the system wth posts to do so smile.gif Things such as that dangerous kittens thread I read the other day comes to mind as a wonderfully fun thread smile.gif
smile.gif It was funny smile.gif

Again though, if you want to just yap, hop in chat. If the people you're wanting to yap with aren't in there. send a friendly PM. It is my hopes to eventaully build a fair ammount of traffic in there. It's on the schedule for the certain night of the week for 'official chat' but it's open all the time.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]