Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fox News Doesnt Know Where Egypt Is!
Posted: 06-Mar-2011, 05:44 AM
Quote Post

Group:
ZodiacBirch

;-) [color=black];-) [color=black];-) [color=black];-) ;-) [color=black];-) [color=black];-) [color=black];-) [color=black];-) [color=black];-)
user posted image
Fox News Doesnt Know Where Egypt Is... [color=black];-)
PMEmail Poster               
heartsong 
Posted: 09-Mar-2011, 06:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Chattanooga, TN

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #68
53,567 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

And they say our education system is great. laugh.gif Someone needs to go back to geography class.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 09-Mar-2011, 01:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I really doubt that Fox News produced the map though they should have checked it before it aired.

For the most part our education system sucks and we put more money into it than nearly ANY other country.

This is a link to a detailed map for any who want to compare.

http://www.sitesatlas.com/Maps/Maps/MEast.htm

Slàinte,

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
coastman 
Posted: 11-Mar-2011, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Coastal Georgia

male

Public schools in my county does not teach geography. I send my grandkids to private school and geography is taught there. This semester my grandson had to learn the countries and their capitals in Western and Eastern Europe and locate each country on a map. He is in the 7th grade. I believe the federal government is intending to "dumb down" American children. Look at our public school systems where so many children fail to graduate from high school.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 11-Mar-2011, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

We are fortunate to have one really good school out of three in my area. Three of my grand children go to that one. The other three attend private (Catholic) school.

Private schooling or home schooling will likely be the future of education in this country.

It amazes me when I see how many young men and women graduate from our institutions of higher learning totally unprepared to take a place as a productive member of our society.

I have a friend who has a large business and he states that it requires trying 6 to 8 university graduates to get just one "keeper."

A correspondence degree along with parental education re: common sense and any and all life skills the parents have learned is probably the "ticket" to a good education.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
KatAbuse 
Posted: 14-Mar-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Detroit, Michigan

male

Idiots in the media. You would think that their job is information they would know all these things. But, they are more interested in ratings than Getting it right. I think they figured it was close enough for their purposes. Some exec said, "See, I can see Egypt. Use it."

Did you hear aboot the T-party lady that didn't remeber basic elementary History. The Amer.Revoltution. Where it started. LOL
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 14-Mar-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

That sounds more like obama than any tea party member to me. His gaffs are legend re: American history and government! I didn't like bush at all but obama makes him look brilliant in many respects.

They should have proofed the map no doubt and they probably will now do so in the future.

If we are going to discuss politics, this should be moved to that forum. I believe there is a rule about discussing politics in forums other than the "appropriate" forum. Read the disclaimers (both) for the politics forum

Until the Tea Party came up, this topic was about fox news and quality education re: geography. I believe it should go back to news and the quality of education

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]