> Something I Would Like Share
CelticRoz 
Posted: 31-May-2004, 12:35 AM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

I know there was a thread like this in the Religion, philosophy forum, but I thought I would start it up again in here for those who would like to share things about themselves and/or their struggles so we can talk and pray for each other.

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
aklassie 
Posted: 31-May-2004, 03:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Texas

female

I think this is a good idea. Where better to share than with those who SHARE the love of God.

--------------------
"They That Wait Upon The LORD,
Shall Renew Their Strength,
They Shall Mount Up With Wings
As Eagels,
They Shall Run,
And Not Be Werry;
They Shall Walk,
And Not Faint." ISAIAH 40:31
CelticRoz 
Posted: 31-May-2004, 03:36 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Well, that is what I thought and thought it worthy enough to start a new thread over here!

So I am anxious to see what others have to share.

What do I have to share? Okay? I am not sure where I fit into the Christian world anymore. Not that I question that I am a Christian, but where and what I should be doing for the Lord. I have become such a hermit because of my chronic back pain that can lock up at any time.........so it scares me and I tend to stay close to home so I can lay down when I need to at any given time to relieve the pain. so I am thinking maybe I can become a prayer warrior instead.........which I have done. Do you think this is a cop out?
aklassie 
Posted: 31-May-2004, 04:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

No, I don't think it's a cop out. Prayer is something everyone needs. I know I do.

I use to work in a preschool where I wasn't aloud to talk about Jesus to the kids. Christmas would come and I couldn't tell them the real meaning of the day. My heart would be so heavy every year knowing that all these kids would ever know was santa. I never will forget the first year I worked and of course santa came. There was this one boy, who when he saw santa had the look of pure worship, it grieved me so. Thank God He got me out of there!!!!!!!
Now I work at a job where I can share my love for Him. I meet people every day that love Him as much as I do and we can talk.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 31-May-2004, 04:30 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh how beautiful, AKlassie! That is so beautiful!

I love Christmas. It is my very favorite time of the year. I try to share my love and friendship year-round, but for some reason I really love Christmas! I try to send gifts through the year as well. Just a token of my love for them! I love to make people happy.........if I can.

What makes you happy?
aklassie 
Posted: 31-May-2004, 05:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

That's a tough one. There's so many things, everything. Making others smile, watching children play, a walk in the woods. Just being I guess. I've never really sat and thought about it.
Elspeth 
Posted: 31-May-2004, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Rose - being a Prayer Warrior is NEVER a cop-out. I am terrible at praying. It isn't one of the gifts give to me. I lean very heavily on Prayer Warriors and have the highest of respect for those who give of their time so selflessly. Prayer Warriors are Saints in my book.

Posting on this site and having others pray in my behalf has altered my life in ways unimaginable. It has brought me the first real happiness I have had in 20 years.

A cop-out??? NO WAY sister. laugh.gif

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Rosemary 
Posted: 31-May-2004, 04:14 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Oregon, USA

female

I am blessed to be able to go to a Christian school. I consider it a blessing, getting constant influence of other Christians and Bible class, but sometimes I wonder if it's simply a hiding place. While I see definite benefits to going to a private school, I wonder if it's just another excuse to separate ourselves from everyone else. Would our time be better served out among people who need to have influence from Christians?

--------------------
There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes. -the Doctor
PMEmail Poster               
aklassie 
Posted: 01-Jun-2004, 04:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

Rosemary,
I think it's wonderful you're able to go to a christian school. You're getting a good foundation to help you in life. I believe we should seprate ourselves. But live a life that draws people to us because in us they see Christ and want what we've found.
tsargent62 
Posted: 01-Jun-2004, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

QUOTE (Rosemary @ 31-May-2004, 05:14 PM)
I am blessed to be able to go to a Christian school. I consider it a blessing, getting constant influence of other Christians and Bible class, but sometimes I wonder if it's simply a hiding place. While I see definite benefits to going to a private school, I wonder if it's just another excuse to separate ourselves from everyone else. Would our time be better served out among people who need to have influence from Christians?

Rosemary,

There is nothing wrong with associating yourself more within a Christian environment than a non-Christian one. I know for myself that I am stronger when I am around fellow Chrisitans. You can have it both ways. By all means, serve others. If you feel the need/calling to reach out to others and bring them to Christ, by all means do. But the Body of Christ is home. I think you are fortunate to go to a school where you are immersed in the study of the Gospel. Like Aklassie said, you are building a strong foundation.

From your post it sounds like you're feeling selfish. I don't think that's the case. You have your whole life in front of you and you will have plenty of time to be an instrument of God. For now, just enjoy being His student.

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
Rosemary 
Posted: 02-Jun-2004, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

female

Thanks everyone.

I guess I've just been feeling like I could be doing something more for the people out there who are aimlessly wandering. I'm going back to Russia this summer, this time for an entire month, but I feel like there's more I can do in my everyday life. I guess it's good that I feel that way...
PMEmail Poster               
aklassie 
Posted: 03-Jun-2004, 03:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

Yes, it is good you feel that way. Keep praying about it and God wil open the doors that you need to do the things you want. IF it's His will.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Jun-2004, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Rosemary @ 02-Jun-2004, 11:38 PM)
Thanks everyone.

I guess I've just been feeling like I could be doing something more for the people out there who are aimlessly wandering. I'm going back to Russia this summer, this time for an entire month, but I feel like there's more I can do in my everyday life. I guess it's good that I feel that way...

Wow! How wonderful! Rosemary! Russia! Have you been there before? Keep us posted as your trip comes closer! What will you be doing there?
Rosemary 
Posted: 03-Jun-2004, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

female

Yes, I went last summer for two weeks. This time I'm going to a different place, Voronezh. For the first two weeks we will be helping with a kid's camp and for the second two weeks we will be doing what we call a tent ministry. They put up a huge circus like tent and there they have music, VBS, sports, movies, and meeting in the evenings with speakers and worship.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Jun-2004, 06:06 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

How so very wonderful, Rosemary! I bet it was a blessing to you as well as the kid's and adults there! Keep us posted. When do you actually go this summer?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]