Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Where Do You Live?, If you want to share...
Annabelle 
Posted: 05-Sep-2004, 07:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

I live in a galaxy far far away! In never never land...?

Heck no, it's called Hee haw he** here in Georgia...

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 05-Sep-2004, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

QUOTE (Aaediwen @ 05-Sep-2004, 07:39 PM)
Been there, although not that part of the country, and it's been a while. But I'd definately recommend it!

What part of the country did you visit? I wouldn't know where to begin. I guess I should inquire more about the family history.

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 05-Sep-2004, 08:24 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

QUOTE (Annabelle @ 05-Sep-2004, 09:59 PM)
I live ... In never never land...? ...

You live with Michael Jackson??? unsure.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Annabelle 
Posted: 05-Sep-2004, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

No I live with the monkey!

PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 05-Sep-2004, 09:22 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

QUOTE (Annabelle @ 05-Sep-2004, 09:46 AM)
Irish Stepper we use to live in Annapolis Maryland. I like that area. We thought we were going to retire in Severna Park, Maryland and I would have been alot happier to stay there than in Hee Haw Hell here in hot Georgia.
Betweent the tornado's, hurricane runners and hot weather and bugs I'd take Md or Ga any day!

Be good. Glad to see you posting girl! Haven't caught up to you in a while!

Annabelle

Annabelle,

Just out of curiousity, what caused the move down to Georgia?

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
single speed 
Posted: 05-Sep-2004, 10:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: San Antonio, Tx

male

I live in San Antonio, Tx. It is the 8th largest city in the US, yet it still has a small town feel. San Antonians are unfailing friendly and welcoming. I have many friends who have come here fro all over the country, they all enjoy the laid back, uncomplicated lifestyle.

We have many cultures here. The Latino culture is the most predominant, yet many other cultures had a hand in settling the area. The Irish, Italian, Chezch, German, and French all added their culture into the mix. Our weather features hot summers and mild winters. The city is beautiful, featureing 16th century Spanish missions, art-deco sky scrapers built during the 40's oil boom, a pictursque river, lined with shops and restraunts as it winds through the city, and modern structures such as the convention center, Alamo Dome, and Tower of the Americas.

My parents moved here from Indiana when I was atoddler. I left home at 20 to seek my foprtune in the world. When I moved back in 2000, I discoverted the San Antonio was my treasure.

San Antonio

--------------------
If you were accused of being a Christian, would your enemies have enough evidence to convict you?
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him keep pace with the music he hears, however measured or far away.
-Henry David Thoreau

Pray as if everything depended on God, and work as if everything depended upon man.
- Cardinal Francis J. Spellman
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 06-Sep-2004, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

I live in Spearman, Texas. It's a small town, 90 miles northeast of Amarillo, in the Texas panhandle. POP. 3000. It may be smaller than that now. Alot of people have moved lately. We have HOT summers and COLD winters and lots of dust. Farming supports our community.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 06-Sep-2004, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

For the past 12 years, I have lived in the hills of south central Kentucky. It is a land of some of the friendiest people I have ever met, and the scenery is hard to beat. We moved from Michigan, where I spent most of my life. I was born in Ontario, Canada and moved to Michigan as a child. In Michigan, I lived in Lincoln Park, Taylor, and Monroe (all south of Detroit). While I agree that there is a lot of good things about Michigan....I am a big RED WING fan, I absolutely love Kentucky. My hubby and I have travelled quite a bit in Canada and the U.S. and enjoyed it all, but when we pull into our own hundred acres, the sense of contentment surrounds us and we know that this is where we are meant to call "home". smile.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 06-Sep-2004, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

QUOTE (single speed @ 06-Sep-2004, 02:15 PM)
I live in San Antonio, Tx. It is the 8th largest city in the US, yet it still has a small town feel. San Antonians are unfailing friendly and welcoming. I have many friends who have come here fro all over the country, they all enjoy the laid back, uncomplicated lifestyle.

We have many cultures here. The Latino culture is the most predominant, yet many other cultures had a hand in settling the area. The Irish, Italian, Chezch, German, and French all added their culture into the mix. Our weather features hot summers and mild winters. The city is beautiful, featureing 16th century Spanish missions, art-deco sky scrapers built during the 40's oil boom, a pictursque river, lined with shops and restraunts as it winds through the city, and modern structures such as the convention center, Alamo Dome, and Tower of the Americas.

My parents moved here from Indiana when I was atoddler. I left home at 20 to seek my foprtune in the world. When I moved back in 2000, I discoverted the San Antonio was my treasure.

San Antonio

I had the pleasure of visiting San Antonio last year, apart from being very hot and humid (July) I really enjoyed it. I stayed at the Hyatt for a church convention, I came as the Australian delegate.

I love the riverwalk area, very special.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Spradley 
Posted: 06-Sep-2004, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Rocky Mtn Highlander and Renaissance Scot
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Colorado

male

I live in Greeley, Colorado. It's about an hour north of Denver, not far from the Wyoming line. We are just a stones throw away from the Majestic Rocky Mountains on the plains of the "wild west". cowboy.gif

Slainte beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Sláinte

Brad

Deus Juvat "God Assists"

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Robert A. Heinlein

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
Avonlea22 
Posted: 06-Sep-2004, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

I live inSt. Petersburg, Florida. It's only temporary, thank goodness. It's always hot, and when it's not, it's warm. It's supposedly the lightning capital of the world. Thunderstorms are almost gauranteed on a daily basis for a few months every summer. And as you know, we're prone to hurricanes, so it seems. It's actually a very nice city, and if it was located in a cooler climate, I'd actually like it much better. I live downtown, which is nice. Most things you would need are within walking distance. The waterfront is only a few blocks away.

Next year, I'll be somewhere else, though. smile.gif

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 06-Sep-2004, 12:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

Brian, actually surprised that you even have internet today. Figured we wouldn't hear from you for a few days.
PMEmail Poster               
Annham 
  Posted: 06-Sep-2004, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

Good to hear from you Brian of St. Pete... I have a cousin who lives near Plant City.. I haven't been able to get in contact with her for a while because I don't have a current e-mail address and phone is unlisted poster_oops.gif
What't it like where you are?
Anne

--------------------
“This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.”

~ Dalai Lama
21st century spiritual and political leader of Tibet and Nobel Peace Prize winner (1989)
PMEmail Poster               
Ceciliastar1 
Posted: 06-Sep-2004, 01:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ohio.

female

Right now I live in this horrid town in Ohio. It's cause of school. I graduate soon and hopefully will be getting out of this state soon. No offense to anyone, but who in their right mind would want to live in this state? I hate it here. Oh well, I'll get out someday.

--------------------
There's a dear little plant that grows in our Isle
Twas St . Patrick himself, sure, that set it;
And the sun of his labour with pleasure did smile,
And with dew from his eye often wet it.
It grows through the bog, through the brake, through the
Mireland, and they call it the dear little shamrock of Ireland.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
single speed 
Posted: 06-Sep-2004, 01:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: San Antonio, Tx

male

QUOTE (Tassiecelt @ 06-Sep-2004, 09:06 AM)
QUOTE (single speed @ 06-Sep-2004, 02:15 PM)
I live in San Antonio, Tx.  It is the 8th largest city in the US, yet it still has a small town feel.  San Antonians are unfailing friendly and welcoming.  I have many friends who have come here fro all over the country, they all enjoy the laid back, uncomplicated lifestyle.

We have many cultures here.  The Latino culture is the most predominant, yet many other cultures had a hand in settling the area.  The Irish, Italian, Chezch, German, and French all added their culture into the mix.  Our weather features hot summers and mild winters.  The city is beautiful, featureing 16th century Spanish missions, art-deco sky scrapers built during the 40's oil boom, a pictursque river, lined with shops and restraunts  as it  winds through the city, and modern structures such as the convention center, Alamo Dome, and Tower of the Americas.

My parents moved here  from Indiana when I was atoddler.  I left home at 20 to seek my foprtune in the world.  When I moved back in 2000, I discoverted the San Antonio was my treasure.

San Antonio

I had the pleasure of visiting San Antonio last year, apart from being very hot and humid (July) I really enjoyed it. I stayed at the Hyatt for a church convention, I came as the Australian delegate.

I love the riverwalk area, very special.

Glad you enjoyed your visit. You shoud come back in April for Fista. It's a great party!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]