Group:
Celtic Nation

Zodiac:
Willow

Birthday: 7-May-1971
Total Posts: 2030
Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

my secret

Use one of the links below to send me a personal message!

Listen to the best in Celtic Music @ 128kps on Highlander Radio!
Listen to soft streaming Celtic music from Highlander Radio!
A rowdy mix of hard rocking Celtic music from the Pubs of America, Canada, Ireland and Scotland.
Listen to Celtic Dance - Put on your Ghillies and clear the floor, it is now time for Jigs & Feels!

Journal Entries

Add Entry   

sigh
Posted by barddas on Aug 6th, 2004 8:59 AM
Well, it's been two weeks since the bruha-ha.
I'm still pretty hurt that my intentions had been questioned. Oh, well that's life. No hard feelings... it just sucks. yea, sucks that's a good word for it.
Enough of that...

Things are going as planned for the Cd. Music is as tight as ever. The studio equipment is being a tad difficult though. There is a hum in the system somewhere.... Now we just have to find it. Then we can start laying down tracks! But things seem to go splendidly when a bit of pressure is added. smile.gif
We signed the contract today for the Saturday night headliner for the Summerset festival. That should be a great show! We haven't been there for a year, and I am anxious to see all of our friends in the Wheeling, WV area! It should be a grand time. In that years time we have gathered an entire shows worth of new music! So this will be the precursor for the new Cd! We plan on playing a bunch of the tracks that are going to appear. Looking forward to it. Also those strawberries soaked in wine!!!! MMMmmmmm What a temptress she is. LOL!
Their theme this year is a Viking Raid! LOL! So the new track 'out of the North' will fit fantasticly!
Can't wait!!!!

Oh yeah!
I ran into an old high school pal Wed. night at The Cure show. While chatting I found out he manages one of the pubs in our area!! So looks like we may have an 'in'. He isn't the one that books the shows, but he seems to think he can help out!
BTW- The Cure were F'n AWESOME!!!!! Almost 30 yrs of angst, and still going strong. I'm glad they're still playing. So much of their music is a soundtrack to my life - it isn't funny!
Ah, waxing nostalgic......

So does anyone ever read this crap??? LOL!!!!

Well, I best go for now...

remember the sun never sets if you drive into it....

Cheers
TTFN!

Comments: 0 View/Add Comments

I am SO tired!!! RAmBlE....
Posted by barddas on Jul 21st, 2004 12:15 PM
AHHHHH I haven't been able to sleep for two days now. GGGrrrr.
It's hot at work and that is not helping to keep mae arse awake!!!!

So last night while not sleeping I thought I would be productive and work on a few songs that I like, and just wanted to figure out how to play them for my own enjoyment. Two great songs by Arlo Guthrie-Darkest hour, and Highway in the wind. Great songs!!! I love Arlo! Supernice guy....I have seen him preform many times. VEry entertaining!

Website progress is moving... Le 'Barddaswench' ( self named, mind you) Said things are going quite well. But that I need to get more info to her so she can get it onto the site...LOL!

Nothing else going on...except I need sleep!!!
Did I mention it is hot today??? Yes, and i do hate when it's Sticky...LOL!')

Rambles
Posted by barddas on Jul 16th, 2004 2:04 PM
Last nights rehearsal was great! Started new tunes last night. They are in the can. Arranged, and ready to play out! Very cool! Out of no where we started a jam at the end of Back home in Derry, it was like my old metal days! A wee distortion solo at the end it was a ball! I haven't really jammed out like that since Barddas started. It was nice to visit that style, and be assured I could actually still do it!!LOL!

Ah Geraldine's thinkin' of Galway just came on- what a great song! You can feel all the emotion of the words. Great imagery..That's one I need to pick up!

Almost time to punch the clock and get outta here!
Gotta call a few places in Louisville, Ky about setting up shows.... ( This is more of a reminder for me than BLOG BS...LOL!!!)

Well, that's all for the day

What is going on?
Posted by barddas on Jul 14th, 2004 2:10 PM
Seems to be a question everyone seems to be asking. So, I will fill everyone in. As far as the band goes the next cd is under way! We have 6-7 selected of original material, and trad tunes kick up a wee bit! wink.gif
Nothing is on tape yet but that shouldn't take too terribly long.
We are still struggling over a few of the Trads, as to which ones to select for the album. So, we have the idea of putting a poll on the forums, and letting everyone here pick them. The top 3-4 will then go on the album.
That should be happening soon.
The Cd cover design is 90% finished. It is designed and done by Angel Whitefang ( Rider) it is AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to see the whole package put together!!!!

A Barddas web site is under constuction. More info about that in the near future.

Still working on getting shows outside the Cincinnati area. I have to admit being a tad lazy in that department of late. Sorry..... Lots of projects in and out of the world of Barddas..LOL!

I think that is it for now.....

Later....

Clickable Smilies
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 

Please Add your Entry

Title:

My Signature:

BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!