LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 04-Sep-2009, 04:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (englishmix @ 02-Sep-2009, 01:16 PM)
Ah blimey, not a boring Canada posting!!!  boxing.gif

I remember when my folks took us camping into Canada one summer in the Winnebago motor home when I was a youngster, and the only campsite available was mostly full of tent campers. Well, during the evening we put on the generator for air conditioning and power into the night. And suddenly there was a tribe of French-speaking savages attacking us - yelling and throwing things at the camper. It scared the #$*5 out of me as a kid.  I thought they were primitive savages that didn't know what a civilized generator was. Although the truth was that they were probably soused party-goers who finally wanted some peace & quiet.

Just imagine a bunch of Canadian tent-campers not being courteous to Americans in a Winnebago! Ah, the gall of these Canadians!   lamo.gif

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

So typical of wusses going camping and bring their "living room" with them...no wonder you were under attack..this is so funny....you just crack me up man!!!

Plenty of those you see more and more with their big campers and satellite dish on it and air conditionning and etc,etc attached to the vehicule.

Always wondered why these people even bother to "try" and go camping as they don't even know the meaning of the word "camping".

Camping definition:
Camping is an outdoor recreational activity. The participants, known as campers, leave urban areas, their home region, or civilization and enjoy nature while spending one or several nights, usually at a campsite, which may have cabins. Camping may involve the use of a tent, a primitive structure, or no shelter at all.

And yes here the French are considered a "tribe of savages" when they want to be.

P.S. My sincere apologies to you Camac as this is offtopic.gif but I simply couldn't resist.

LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 04-Sep-2009, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

LOA

Maybe it was the Mohawks from Kanesetaki or Oka he ran into. Une tribu de sauvage.

Camac.

oldraven 
Posted: 05-Sep-2009, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Right on. We took the kids to the exhibition yesterday. The Eastern Nova Scotia Exhibition in Antigonish. The kids hit the midway for a bit, then the barns. It's so strange being around these people at an exhibition. Even for a town based on agriculture and the University, the townies are so detached from reality when it comes to animals.

My wife is a townie, and she one of those people who get bitten by horses, if you get what I'm saying. Talking in a high pitched voice (because horses love shrill, right rolleyes.gif ) and shoving her hand out, fingers to the air, between the poor creature's eyes. But it's most folks at the fair who are like this, startling the animals, but thinking they're being 'nice'. I usually try to get ahead of her with Coira, to talk to them and see if they're in the mood for strangers, and to teach her how to gain trust first, then let it let you touch it. "Stop waving the balloon at it, sweetie." This is what my parents did with me, since we had no horses on the farm by the time I could remember. We had cows, but you pretty much just leave a cow alone. They don't care if you pet them, they just want something to chew on. I also make it very clear that we're looking at, not just cows, pigs, sheep, 'baby chicks', etc.; we're looking at milk, hamburgers, ham, bacon, ribs, sweaters, and chicken. I won't have any kids that shock themselves into vegetarianism because their parents failed to explain where they got their food.

We also got to sit down with my parents (they're always at the exhibition, and always sit in the same place in the arena) and watch Barrel Racing and Poll Bending, along with a short bit of the Draft Horses. I don't know if they do this where you are, but do the new 'old' wagons up there have truck wheels and tires on them? Some still use good old fashioned wagon wheels, but it's getting to be more and more popular to put passenger car wheels on these wagons now, even show wagons, because they're more comfortable, (and no doubt cheaper). There was even one with silver plastic hub-caps. A beautifully crafted and painted wagon, hauled by four very impressive creatures, riding on the same rolling stock you find on a ten year old base model Sebring. Isn't the whole idea here to show tradition? It just looks silly, if you ask me. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy to see an American come up to our small town exhibition and take first place in Barrel Racing. The locals work all year, when they have time, to do well in September, just to have a career racer steal the show from some farmer because they couldn't compete at a real rodeo in their own home town.

Enough of that, though. It's one of the highlights of the year, and the kids always enjoy it. I even got to explain 4-H to Coira, and we talked to a young fellow about her getting involved in a few more years (she's only 4, and you have to be 8). I even took my Mum on the Tilt-a-whirl before we left. Needless to say, it's been a very long time since Mum took part in the midway. smile.gif I can't wait for next year.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 05-Sep-2009, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

oldraven;

There is a bit of agricultural displays at the EX but the big one is "The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair". It is World Renown and Martha Stewart did a show from there shortly before they locked her up.I haven't been to the Royal since my girls were kids. The first time my youngest, Shan, saw a horse, a Clydesdale, she was terrified, she was OK with the ponies but I guess the sight of this towering monster (in her eyes) was to much. The Royal has alot of Equestrian Competitions like show jumping, dressage, and all that fancy type riding. They also have Western style riding competitions and Quarter-horse races. The problem I find now with going to the Ex or the Royal is the hassel of getting in and out of the city. Although I was raised mainly on the western outskirts of Toronto I never really liked the place. To many people and too damn noisey always preferred living in the country but then we had to come into the city to work and the commute especially in winter was murder. My parents, in the early 70's moved to Shelburne, about 90 miles North of Toronto in farm country. It was heaven. They had 10 acres of land and my Dad and I built the house. The only thing we didn't do was the stone work. It was here that my youngest bloomed she loved being there with her Grandma and Grandpa. Dad who was a country boy,being born on a farm, turned her into a real farm girl helping him around the place. Oh well those days are long gone now and the pressures of modern life weigh down on us all now. The memories are nice .

Camac.

Camac
Posted: 06-Sep-2009, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Well the Liberals have stated that they will no longer support the minority government of Steven Harper's Conservatives and now the media is screaming Fall Election. I for one do not want another election nor do I want to see the $300,000,000.00 spent on it. Not when it could be put to better use. If the Libs bring the government down and we end up at the polls about all that will change,
if anything, will be the possibility of a Liberal Minority instead of a Conservative minority. Only in Canada.

Camac.

Camac
Posted: 07-Sep-2009, 08:03 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Two more Canadians have died as a result of an I.E.D. explosion just south of Kandahar, Afghanistan. This brings the total of Canadians killed to 129 soldiers and 1 diplomat. Maj. Yannick Pepin, 36. and Cpl. Jean-Francois Drouin, 21, were killed when their armoured vehicle hit an I.E.D.. Five other Canadians were wounded. All were members of the 51st Field Engineers, Royal 22d Van Doos Regiment stationed at ValCartier Quebec. Maj. Pepin is the highest ranking officer to be killed.

ALL HONOUR TO THE FALLEN

LEST WE FORGET.

Camac.

PS; It's time to bring the Troops Home for they have done their part.

Patch 
Posted: 07-Sep-2009, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I must agree. We destroyed a group of Taliban who hijacked fuel tanker and beheaded the drivers. When they became stuck, we destroyed them, along with civilians helping them and stealing fuel. Now there are claims that the civilians were innocent. With that mentality, the free world would never have won a war.

If one is helping the enemy, one IS the enemy! The Taliban killed more civilians than US and NATO forces ever have. For helping the people, troops are being killed and nothing but abuse is heaped on them for their effort.

I salute those of your country, and all others including my own, who gave all and the wounded also as they will give in great measure for a lifetime!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 12-Sep-2009, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

To-morrow 13 September is the 250th anniversary of the "Battle of the Plains of Abraham" outside Quebec City. There was to be a re-enactment of the battle with 2,500 participants coming from all over North America. This was cancelled because the Quebec Nationalist, Seperatist screamed and cried and stamped there feet promising to disrupt the "Glorification of the Conquest" calling it an insult to the Quebec people. Instead in it's place will be a 24 hour "Moulin a' paroles" (Chatterbox), reading of letters, stories, documents, and even recipes pertaining to Quebec History. One of the documents to be read is the "Manifesto of the F.L.Q. (Front de liberation du Quebec) a seperatist terrorist organization from the 60's responsible,amongst other things for the Kidnapping an Murder of a Quecbec Government Cabinet Minister, Pierre Laporte. When that particular document was objected too the seperatist immediately screamed "CENSORSHIP" and again they got their way and the manifesto will be read. These people rant and rave about being oppressed yet they are part of a Country that guarantees and protects their right to Language, Religion, and Culture. New documents show that Wolfe wrote in the event of a British victory the terms of surrender before the battle with those self same guarantees in it. Only in Canada

Camac.

Camac
Posted: 15-Sep-2009, 07:13 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

The toll is now 130 with the death of Pte. Patrick Lormand, age 21, Royal 22d Regiment, Van Doos, when his armoured vehicle hit an I.E.D.

ALL HONOUR TO THE FALLEN

LEST WE FORGET.

(Bring them Home)

Camac
Posted: 19-Sep-2009, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

As of Thursday it is 131. Pvt Jonathan Couturier Royal 22d (Van Doos)Val Cartier PQ. 23 years old.

ALL HONOUR TO THE FALLEN

LEST WE FORGET

Camac

Camac
Posted: 03-Oct-2009, 09:11 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Unsubstantiated reports are stating that a great deal of pressure is being placed on Canada by the U.S. to reconsider its position on withdrawing our Combat Forces out of Afghanistan by July 2011. The American Military and Government are worried that it could start a Dominoe effect and that other N.A.T.O. forces will also start to withdraw. Personally I think that as we have one of the smaller Military Forces in N.A.T.O. we have done our part and we should withdraw. That war will never be won except through dipolamtic means.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 03-Oct-2009, 09:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Afghanistan was "justified" though what was done in the name of winning was not. I believe we need to finish that one but Iraq was a crime perpetrated on the American people and possibly the world.

Your country has made it's sacrifices and I respect your opinion that it is time to leave. Only "extreme" measures will defeat the enemy there.

If the US leaves, that area will fall back to the Taliban and Alquaida, and the free world will not survive.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 03-Oct-2009, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

I would support our Troops being there longer if the non-contributing N.A.T.O. members, our so called friends and allies would toe the line with the rest of us.
The Italians loose six men and they start screaming and are pulling out. The Germans won't committ to a combat role. I guess they figure let the Colonial descendents of Europe do the fighting and the dying. Worked with a German once for about 8 years and he was always boasting about how great the Germans were. Took it for those 8 years and finally shut him up when I said to him" Hermann if you Germans are so damned good, how come we kicked the crap out of you twice." Man never spoke to me again.

Camac.

Camac
Posted: 11-Oct-2009, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

It is coming up to 11 A.M this 11th day of October and in one month it will be the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month, Remembrance Day. It is not a statutory holiday ( though it should be) but is is a National Day of Remembrance where we honour those who have Fought, Bled, and Died, in Canada's Wars. Wars I might add that have been thrust upon us as never in our History have we waged aggressive war. We have fought for our own and for others freedom and tens of thousands (101,064 Dead) of Canada's sons and daughters have died and suffered. To the world at large this might not seem many but we are a small Nation in population (less than 35 million) and we have always stepped forward and answered the call to stop aggression. This time of year is special for me for I lost my Father(Cpl. David Campbell 48th RTR) in WWII ( Italy 15 May 1944) my stepdad( Pvt. Raymond McArthur 7th Commando)spent 4 years as a POW of the Germans (June 1941 {Crete} till May 1945) my Uncle Nick (PO Nicholas Gibbons RN) was also a prisoner of war when his ship HMS Bedouin was sunk (Meditreranean June 1942) my Uncle Harry Pvt. Henry Holt, Royal Hamilton Light Infantry RCA) wounded,( Normandy June 23rd 1944). My Aunt Kathy (Kathleen Lee) was a Wren, Royal Navy, Aunt Mary,(MaryRose Lee) WAAF. RAF Bomber Command. The list goes on until it comes to me E-5 David Campbell-McArthur 2/94th Arty, USARV.

Every Remembrance Day when I stand in formation at the Cenotaph I can't help but feel that I have really no right to stand here with these Gallant Men and Women who answered their country's call. After all I fought for a foreign army in a foreign war for the adventure of it. My actions and deeds pale in comparision to the Heroes of my adopted Country that I love so much. Each year they grow older but the snap is still there when the RSM barks out his orders the years seem to melt away as they step out to the skirl of the pipes and these Old Warriors are once again the young men and women who so long ago marched off to meet the foe and gave so much for our freedom. All Honour is theirs and we must never ever forget.

Camac.

LEST WE FORGET

Camac
Posted: 28-Oct-2009, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

The number of Canadian dead rose again yesterday to 132 . Lt. Justin G. Boyes, 26, 3rd. Bn. P.P.C.L.I. (Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry) was killed on foot patrol south of Kandahar when an I.E.D. exploded.

ALL HONOUR TO THE FALLEN

LEST WE FORGET

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]