Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Wiccan/pagan, are there any Wiccans/Pagans out there?
CoyoteMoon 
Posted: 02-Apr-2005, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: between Arizona & SW New Mexico

female

Thank you, Shadows, for the warm welcome. I've been a bit remiss re: checking as we had a small celebration for my son's birthday (26). I was also tuned into the Pope's health as my mother was quite devout & loved him very much. I find it refreshing how so many of different faiths are celebrating his life, which could be an interesting topic from a Pagan perspective. I think my favorite site was seeing him kneel to kiss the Earth! It always served to remind me of the commonalities we all share.

Thank you again. I look forward to many interesting discussions!
PMEmail Poster               
bubba 
Posted: 05-Apr-2005, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Northeast Wisconsin

male

QUOTE (CoyoteMoon @ 02-Apr-2005, 09:01 PM)
I find it refreshing how so many of different faiths are celebrating his life, which could be an interesting topic from a Pagan perspective.

All who serve good should celebrate the life of this Pope. He served as his faith and conscience dictated and truely worked for the betterment of the human race and peace between all people. That our paths aren't his should make no difference. There is a need for all of good faith to unite rather than shun each other over minor differences. Each in their own way have something to contribute to promoting love, kindness and caring for the world. John Paul can go to his God having done the best he could do and having accomplished much.

--------------------
[SIZE=7]Curtesie is cumbersom to them that kens it not.
PMEmail Poster               
CoyoteMoon 
Posted: 05-Apr-2005, 09:56 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

female

I agree wholeheartedly, bubba! There are a number of groups to which I belong that seem to be deliberately skirting the issue, completely ignoring the fact that he managed to put aside longstanding differences between many of the major religions (& this includes apologies given). Commonalites are far greater than differences, as you so eloquently stated. I may be dreaming but it would be nice to think that we could oe day put aside the bashing & attempts to convert to realize we are all cut from the same cloth, that each piece contributes to the whole.
PMEmail Poster               
Celeste 
  Posted: 02-May-2005, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: The Mile High City Baby!!

female

Merry meet all! I haven't been to the site in a while, but I FINALLY got my comp back! Woo hoo!
Anyways- I myself am also a solitary wiccan, a green witch as well. I've been practicing for 3 1/2 yrs.

--------------------
Blessed Be,
*Celeste of the Stars*

Have a day!!!

Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet again!!

"Always shoot for the moon, that way if you miss you'll always land amoung the stars." -Tiffany Norton-Islas

"An it harm non do what you will"
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 03-May-2005, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Welcome back Celeste!!! Where have you been all this time?!? How are things with you? Were you able to take the class you wanted to take? How is everyone in your family? You've got a lot of catching up to do!! I thought we'd never get to see you again, so here's a huge hug.gif after such a long absence.

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Celeste 
  Posted: 06-May-2005, 07:17 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: The Mile High City Baby!!

female

Hey Dreamer!! I've missed you too!! Well after we left PA we went to WA and were there for 6 months. The only internet access I had was my mother in laws. Shes great, but VERY territorial! So I was only aloud to check my e-mail. Now we are in Denver, CO and we're buying a condo in Parker (About 30 mins away). It's closer to work. Oh yeah I'm working now!! How cool is that?! I work for Jackson Natl Life Insurance as a processer, but hope to be licensed with in the next year. The kids are doing great. The oldest just turned 15 last month. My middle girl is still on A honor roll. I swear I think the child would have a heart attack if she made a B in anything!! The youngest girl is still a spoiled brat drama queen and my baby boy is 9 this year!!
Other than that everything is basically the same. How's everything in your neck of the woods?

PMEmail Poster               
Emmet 
Posted: 09-Jun-2005, 07:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

I'm Wiccan, and although nominally in a coven, I'm now mostly solitaire.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
CoyoteMoon 
Posted: 29-Jun-2005, 10:22 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

female

Greetings to one & all!! Sorry I've been so remiss but closing/selling a house, a d-i-l getting ready for a hysterectomy (2-3 days before I move her & the grandsons out of NM for good), the heat here in the SW... things have been crazed!! Now that I have dsl at the computer I use most (none at the NM house), I hope to visit more. Also hoping the discussions here become lively. Maybe now that I can listen while visiting & all running so smoothly, I'll even become a member!!
PMEmail Poster               
Nightchild 
Posted: 05-Jul-2005, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

female

Well, count me in. I was interested in the wiccan way of life for almost 4 years when I met a friend of a friend of mine (who happens to be one of my best friends by now). She got me into her circle. It's a really nice group (as I mentioned in the thread about covens) and I'm really glad I met them. smile.gif It's almost two years I'm learning with them.

And now I forgot what else I wanted to say sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster                
Sėmeag 
Posted: 27-Feb-2009, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Sassan

female

I joined a coven when I first started looking into paganism, as I was told the only true form of paganism and/or witchcraft was Wicca. It was several months before I learned the truth.

Now I practice my religion, and my craft alone. I have support from others on my path as and when I need it though.

--------------------
Tha mi'n dochas gu bheil an eadar theangachadh ceart!
PMEmail Poster               
marthien 
Posted: 27-Feb-2009, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

male

I too am Wiccan, have been walking this path for about 9 years now.
I've heard about Wicca from so many people and didn't really think nothing of it, But one day I read a book "Spirit of the Witch" by Grimassi. He asks 3 questions ( now as I speak I can't remember exactly what 3 question were), But they made me think... So one day I asked a good friend of mine who was Wiccan if he could help me learn more about Wicca. Before I could start doing any of the lessons he had read some books then after I had read them he would quiz me on them to see how serious i was about wanting to learn. So after I had did all he asked of me I started my lessons. passed all 8 lessons, then I devoted myself to a year and a day of study. So on July 19, 2002 I wrote and performed my dedication to the Gods and Goddesses... I have been VERY happy and at peace with myself, and because of my devotion, Kuan Yin has blessed me and my wife with my first child who of which is due this July 21, 09....
PMEmail Poster               
Faerydreamer 
Posted: 31-Mar-2009, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Coal Country, PA

female

I, myself, just discovered Paganism about two years ago. I met a wonderful person who told about her beliefs and I found that they closely matched mine where the Presbyterian church was not doing that.

I started to study and am taking many online courses to learn about all things Pagan/Wiccan. I have an unquenchable thirst for education in these topics. If anyone has any leads as to where I can learn things, I would be willing to listen.

I am alone in my studies mostly because I do not leave my home often. (I am the next best thing to agoraphobic.) I moved about 50 miles from the group I was attending.

Thank you very much.

--------------------
Lady Faerydreamer

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Donajhi 
Posted: 31-Mar-2009, 02:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Fae Hillfort

female

Yes. I was raised Druid and Wiccan. Being a 12th generation Scot and mother 1/2 Scot and 1/2 Souix it was a way of life and I wouldn't change at all. Why, I have been ask? My answer is, why should I, my way works velho.gif

--------------------
CHECK MY SITE: BEYOND THE VEIL http://www.gmadventures.com

"I DID NOT, IT WAS THE FAIRY FOLK!"

Scottish by the grace of God

Fairy Day countdown banner

DIOGENES HAS PASSED ME THE LANTERN, STILL LOOKING.....
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Faemother 
Posted: 01-Apr-2009, 01:05 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

Realm: North Carolina, United States

female

I knew there would be like minded souls here somewhere on a celtic site. Bright Blessings to you all! I am so glad to have found you. Being a solitary practitioner (actually have lots of friends that practice as well as my husband and daughter but no coven or temple) can be lonely. I guess that sounds kinda off doesn't it? I'm mostly a green or kitchen witch.I have been practicing for 14 years now. I have always believed this way I just never knew there was a name for it and that others felt the same way. Looking forward to sharing lots with you all and learning even more! Blessed Be!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
jasminemoon 
Posted: 06-Apr-2009, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

Realm: sausalito, california

female

i was born and raised a catholic, and there's nothing wrong with that except the sisters at sunday school found it odd that i asked one of them if Pan was satan's brother. it was a kewl question, and i really wanted to know. course she ran to the holy head cheese, and i was called in to go see him. he asked me about where i would've gotten the notion of Pan being Satan's brother, and i told him, i read stories, and wanted to know if they were connected. then i asked him if he ever wondered about angels really being "astronauts" from outer space that visited us from time to time. and thats when they called my parents in...
my mom sparked the love of reading in me at a very early age. and so my mind roamed thru every book on every subject i could get my hands on. children have a very creative way of connecting the dots, and i was no exception, but it was because of this that made me look outside the box when it came to questions i had about my own belief system.
i worked my way thru many beliefs, learned a lot, but was never really content to stake a committment to just one.
Wicca is a beautiful belief. i understood the elements better than i did the sacraments. i memorized and accepted the wiccan rede so much easier than i did the ten commandments. in fact i still have questions about that... 'Thou shall not kill'... but what if someone was harming your child? should i turn the other cheek? tibetan buddism had me asking that question too. the lama i studied under told me its just plain wrong to kill. and thats true, BUT! (i'm a pest... i know)... what if i was simply running and honestly didn't know that i stepped on and killed an ant along the way... will the evolution of my soul be delayed because of this? and he said yes... regardless on whether or not i consciously knew i killed that ant. killing is wrong. that ant could have evolved into the next savior...
regardless of the wonderful simplicity and beauty i found in wicca, what i didn't like, but could never avoid, was the politics. and its the same for everything. and maybe thats why i prefer to be Spiritual rather than religious for obviously reasons.
i read a saying the other day...

religion is for people who are afraid of going to hell, spirituality is for those who have already been there.

i need to remember that one...

but all things put aside, religion is a fascinating subject, and i enjoy sharing...not arguing, about different ways of experiencing the magnificence and expressing gratitude to the big Divine Wow.
i still have deep connections with wicca, and even if i'm not presently in a covet, or have had my feet planted firmly on the Path, i still consider myself a solitaire ecclectic witch.
...that term still freaks people out, so i use "child of nature." and that seems to calm them down a bit...
maybe because they don't fully understand it...
in fact, someone told me once, "well, theres a little hippie in everyone of us!"

--------------------
Photobucket
~niessa&litlboybleu~
Adventures of The mighty lioness and her cub...
[email protected]

"Y'dinnieken wherr tae find a braw fish supper??"

"Stick the peanut in the peanut hole? Why? I'd rather eat mine!" Queen Elizabeth I

Don't go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Scottish by birth, British by law, Highlander by the grace of God.
Anonymous
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Š Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]