Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Wiccan/pagan, are there any Wiccans/Pagans out there?
Moon Child 
Posted: 20-Jan-2005, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

That's cool! I have always felt that my calling is to help people who are sick but I've been so rapped up in my studies that I haven't been able to branch into that yet! wink.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Sekhmet 
Posted: 20-Jan-2005, 10:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

I myself am Wiccan and have been practising for about 4 1/2 yrs now. I am a solitary witch and at times it gets a bit lonely to practice by myself. My best friend is also a wiccan but she doesn't do her studies or is into it at deeply as I am. I have at times thought about joining a coven but I like the freedom to do what I want. Are there anybody out there that is in a coven?

I was trained a Gardnerian. Got the scars...err...degrees to prove it. biggrin.gif

Belonging to a coven is purely a matter of personal taste and choice. Some people thrive in that kind of a group, but I've found that the group has to "gel" in order for any kind of smooth workings to really come out. Otherwise it tends towards grandstanding, drama, and/or the whole thing just falls apart in time. Being a serial coven member or founder isn't fun.

I had one for years. And yes, I was the high priestess. When the group started to wander off due to mundane things, I just let it go, and never actively sought new members. I figured if they were meant to come, they would. Currently I just practice with another couple, and we observe the high holidays together. When someone comes around who needs taught, I teach till they wander away to "the next thing", or they find their own path.

If you're looking for those of a like mind, they're out there. It just takes some looking, or letting yourself "be seen". They'll wander in when it's time. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Shadows 
Posted: 20-Jan-2005, 10:36 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

You will find there are occasions that bring likeminded folk together, you just have to be aware of all the sign... if you exchange eye contact with someone do you go start a conversation... or do you just walk away?

Every person you come in contact with has a message for you, it is the ability to see that there is something for you to learn and something for you to share. There is no such thing as coincedence.... there is meaning to it all!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Ivy 
Posted: 02-Feb-2005, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

female

OK so I am still getting the hang of these boards, I thought this topic and the next topic were all one topic, so I posted my reply to this topic under the Google ads topic sad.gif (how embarrasing) LOL Oh well, at least I haven't lost my sense of humor!

peace and power
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 02-Feb-2005, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

Welcome, Ivy! Enjoy your stay here.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Moon Child 
Posted: 02-Feb-2005, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Welcome Ivy!! hug.gif

It seems that there are so us few of here at CR!

Just wanted to let everyone know as well that I have changed my profile name from White Goddess!! cool.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Shadows 
Posted: 02-Feb-2005, 09:22 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Welcome Ivy, don't let the learning curve of using these boards get you down, LOL!

There are more of us here on CR then speak out every day.... we are here!
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 02-Feb-2005, 09:47 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

I am always interested in learning about new things, and I have always been fascinated by new ideas. I guess I should read the topics, since I don't have any specific questions. Just a curious soul.

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Dragon Fly 
Posted: 07-Feb-2005, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Orange County, California, USA

female

Hello,

I follow the Wicca spiritual path. I belong to a group that studies Pagan, Wicca general metaphysical concepts. I also go to a church called the Goddess Temple (located in Southern California) that practices Wicca type sprituality. It is the first Temple in America outside of one near London that practices Wiccan type spriituality and honors the sacred feminine. They see that the devine has both feminine and masculine aspects, but give special attention to the feminine since our world is out of balance due to humanity neglecting honoring our faminine aspects. It is a beautiful place and the people are wonderful.[/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               
Moon Child 
Posted: 09-Feb-2005, 11:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Welcome Dragon Fly, it's always nice to meet to fellow Wiccans here. happy.gif
PMEmail Poster                
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 10-Feb-2005, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (Moon Child @ 02-Feb-2005, 07:12 PM)
Welcome Ivy!! hug.gif

It seems that there are so us few of here at CR!

Just wanted to let everyone know as well that I have changed my profile name from White Goddess!! cool.gif

I'm certainly one of those who do not speak up here often. One reason might probably be that I have had problems with giving names to things or with finding appropriate labels all my life. So I learnt to get rid of the feeling that I HAVE to give a name to everything and learnt to meditate and listen inside.
It took me such a long time to get to this change in my life; so I'm quite new to my path which is, to say it in general, Native American Spirituality. I've found me home there but I still have to learn a lot.
I read through the thread and it is good to know we are more than one would have expected; I often miss the exchange with others.

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Moon Child 
Posted: 10-Feb-2005, 01:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Welcome Gaberlunzie! happy.gif
PMEmail Poster                
EmeraldStar 
Posted: 07-Mar-2005, 06:42 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

Realm: California - Go Dodgers!!

female

Hello Everyone, you can add me to your list as well. smile.gif
I have been studying the pagan/wiccan path for a few years now, though I haven't gotten to concentrate on it as deeply as I would like with my classes being as intense as they are (hopefully I will be graduating within the next 2 years!). Though I've gotten the chance to take a few anthropology classes that focus on paganism and that helps keep me on track, as well as my hundreds of books at home I've yet to read! I too was brought up a Lutheran-forced into it my whole life even though I can remember dreading having to go even as a small child...I always wanted to run away from sunday school and play in the grove and watch the animals instead (sometimes I did! biggrin.gif )...I always had the calling. wink.gif I haven't found a specific path yet though I've focused myself towards shamanism, totem animals/familiars and 'green witch' subjects. I look forward to reading and sharing our experiences of our paths!
Blessed Be!
PMEmail Poster               
CoyoteMoon 
Posted: 30-Mar-2005, 07:52 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: between Arizona & SW New Mexico

female

I'm so glad I ventured around a bit more today & found this! I've been on my path for 37 yrs now & have always honored Mother Earth in my ways. I come from a long line of curanderas in the old country (on my paternal side) & have been healing the family critters as long as I can remember. I've never joined any temple, coven, or the like but travel my path as revealed to me. I was fortunate enough to have worked for a NA art museum for many years & was involved with Windstar, which opened many other doors to Earth-based spirituality. I was raised Roman Catholic & respect all who strive to bring out the goodness in people. I practice herbalism, am wiccan (although I do not necessarily consider myself a witch), solitary, love history, learning of world cultures, & respect honesty. I also have inherited a profound ability to see... something I am truly grateful to my ancestors for.

Thank you so much for having this board. I look forward to learning more about all here.
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 30-Mar-2005, 09:14 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Welcome CoyoteMoon!
I think you will find us in this forum amiable to solitares, witches, and what ever form of belief you have.
The Grove has been slow lately, but I am brain storming on ways to get it moving again. Any ideas any of you have please feel free to try.

Shadows
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]