Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Converted Muslem, Praise God he's safe!
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 30-Mar-2006, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

Sorry. I can't remember his name. I'm refering to the Muslem from Afganistan that went on trial for converting to Christianity. Thank God he's safe. Many prayers were answered. This whole ordeal only shows how evil Islam is. I mean kill someone who converts to another religion? YES! Most Muslems believe it to.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
haynes9 
Posted: 31-Mar-2006, 12:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

From friends of mine in Islamic dominated countries, it seems the fear is that to allow Christianity would mean wholesale conversions.

If your belief system cannot stand up to scrutiny or, for that matter, challenges from other belief systems, I would want to find one that works!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
celticfire 
Posted: 31-Mar-2006, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Idle Dreamer
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

female

That's awful. Sometimes people have trouble handling the idea of other religions.

Now, if a person of Middle Eastern descent converted to Islam directly in front of our government, how smoothly do you think that would go over?

--------------------
My heart's in the highlands
My heart is not here
My heart's in the highlands
A-chasing the deer
--Robert Burns

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

Gluais faicilleach le cupan làn.
Go carefully with a full cup.
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 31-Mar-2006, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

We have as a country have held some converted christians to muslim in prison since 9/11... re read the news of the last few years.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
greenldydragon 
Posted: 31-Mar-2006, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of Dragons
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHazel

female

I don't think Islam is evil as you say Nova Scotian. I think it is a very very controlled way of thinking about a specific religion. I agree that killing someone over their choice of changing their religion is completely absurd, but it isn't a completely foreign topic in Western Civilizations. Just think about the Crusades (I know, they were a long time ago, but are still relevant). Or for a matter of fact the Inquisition. During this time Jews were persecuted for not being Catholic, so how can you say that Islam is evil for pretty much doing the exact same thing that the Catholic church has done? I know this is a little more on the philisophical side, but I think viewing all Muslims and their religion as evil is stretching reality. It is just a very strict form of religion. After saying that let me add my thanks to Italy for accepting this man into their country after being released by the Afghan authorities.

--------------------
DRAGON BLESSING

May dragons bring you wealth
and guard your treasures
May they banish darkness and enlighten you
May female dragons grant you inner power
May the Dragon Queen
neutralize your enemies
May Dragon Spirits
give you power over Elementals
May weather dragons
bring rain at your request
May Ti'amat effect the changes you command
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 31-Mar-2006, 06:11 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

QUOTE (greenldydragon @ 31-Mar-2006, 08:10 PM)
I don't think Islam is evil as you say Nova Scotian. I think it is a very very controlled way of thinking about a specific religion. I agree that killing someone over their choice of changing their religion is completely absurd, but it isn't a completely foreign topic in Western Civilizations. Just think about the Crusades (I know, they were a long time ago, but are still relevant). Or for a matter of fact the Inquisition. During this time Jews were persecuted for not being Catholic, so how can you say that Islam is evil for pretty much doing the exact same thing that the Catholic church has done? I know this is a little more on the philisophical side, but I think viewing all Muslims and their religion as evil is stretching reality. It is just a very strict form of religion. After saying that let me add my thanks to Italy for accepting this man into their country after being released by the Afghan authorities.

Amen!!!! thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
celticfire 
Posted: 31-Mar-2006, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Idle Dreamer
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (Shadows @ 31-Mar-2006, 07:11 PM)
Amen!!!! thumbsup.gif

Double amen from here! thumbs_up.gif

By the way, Novia Scotian, it's "muslim", not "muslem".
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 31-Mar-2006, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

First I stand corrected. I ment Muslim not Muslem lolol. OK so I sound like I have something against Muslems. The person that's a Muslem? No. As a matter of fact I have a very good friend who's a Muslim. By name only due to him not practicing. As far as you thinking I have little knowledge about Islam or Muslims, my wife is a full blooded Christian Arab. She and her family are from Amman, Jordan. She came to the USA in 1984 when she was 10. Her mom and dad are still here. Both her parients will tell you what kind of religion Islam is. They grew up being the minority and they'll tell you it is not a religion of peace. As far as the crusades and the inquisition are concerned, it was never ordered by God. Yes at the time many were told it was ordered by God but at that time very few asked a very common question a lot of Christians ask. That is WWJD? Now if you've ever read the Quran, there is no comparision between Mohamad and Jesus. Also I believe we should live at peace with everyone so like I said, I don't hate the Muslim, but I still do think Islam is EVIL!

Also since my wife became part of my family, we now have an "Arab Celt" if there was ever any such thing. If there wasn't well there is now.
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 31-Mar-2006, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (celticfire @ 31-Mar-2006, 07:01 PM)
That's awful. Sometimes people have trouble handling the idea of other religions.

Now, if a person of Middle Eastern descent converted to Islam directly in front of our government, how smoothly do you think that would go over?

If a person of Middle Eastern descent converted to Islam in front of our Government? I don't think to many people would care. Besides, it's their right to do so.
PMEmail Poster                
celticfire 
Posted: 31-Mar-2006, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Idle Dreamer
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Are you convinced that Muhammed began the religion as a black faith?
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 31-Mar-2006, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (celticfire @ 31-Mar-2006, 08:35 PM)
Are you convinced that Muhammed began the religion as a black faith?

Looking at the history, I'm sure he ment well. I studied Islam in my Humanities class is college and by the sound of it he had no spiritual guide or accountability. I studied that he was illiterate and he tried to memorize the writings of the for fathers. Abraham, Issac, Ishamlal, who was his decendant, Jacob, and the list goes on. Plus he was told he had the markings of a profit and I think that gave him sort of a big head so to speak and thought he could do no wrong and foregot he was still just a man. From there on out there is more but it's long and if you want to know more I suggest a book call Jesus among other Gods written By Ravi Zacharias. It's a book of research and is not intended to bash any faith. It only makes comparisions. I highly recomend it. You can get it on Half .com
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 31-Mar-2006, 08:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (greenldydragon @ 31-Mar-2006, 07:10 PM)

I mentioned in a post earlier a book called" Jesus among other Gods" by Dr. Ravi Zacharias. I just want to say in response to you mentioning the crusades in the book he makes an observation that "Jesus' kingdom was not procured by military might or power. It's rule is neither territorial or political". It goes on to say that "history has proven that the spread of the gospel by the sword or by coercion has done nothing but misrepresented the message and bought dispute to the gospel. Just thought I'd share that.
PMEmail Poster                
greenldydragon 
Posted: 01-Apr-2006, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of Dragons
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHazel

female

Neither territorial or political? Again, what exactly then is Rome and the power politically the pope has? Yes, at the moment the Pope is not exercising this power as much as former pope's have.
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 02-Apr-2006, 07:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (greenldydragon @ 01-Apr-2006, 03:09 PM)
Neither territorial or political? Again, what exactly then is Rome and the power politically the pope has? Yes, at the moment the Pope is not exercising this power as much as former pope's have.

Maby "mans" Kingdom" but not Jesus' kingdom.
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 11-Apr-2006, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Shadows @ 31-Mar-2006, 07:09 PM)
We have as a country have held some converted christians to muslim in prison since 9/11... re read the news of the last few years.

If you are refering to Jose Padila, well wasn't he held because of terrorist plots? I don't know of anyone who was detained just because they converted to islam.

Don't bring up Cats Stevens either. LOLOL
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]