Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Enter at own risk!

The Philosophy, Science & Religion forum has been created as an unmoderated forum. The issues discussed here can and will get very intense. Please show respect and appreciation to alternative views posted here. We appreciate your consideration.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> East Vs. West Philosophy
Stargazer 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

male

First I think it should be called "East and West Philosophy," rather than "East Vs. West Philosophy"(but that's just my opinion). I feel that eastern and western philosophy shouldn't conflict with each other, but rather coexist. For if we don't stop looking at it in two pieces then we won't see that it's a whole, and how can one see the whole picture if we only look at it piece by piece. Don't break it apart, just put it together. Here is some insight on this from Bruce Lee's perspective (i know i posted this in Wisdom Keepers, but i feel Bruce Lee's comparison to eastern and western, with yin and yang should be posted here too):

"Yin-yang and its relationship to Eastern and Western culture. - Nothing is superior in every aspect. The Occidental education is excellent in some ways, the Oriental in others. You will say, "This finger is better for one purpose; this finger is better for another." But the entire hand is better for all purposes. There are good points in Chinese; there are good points in Occidental culture. Oriental culture and Occidental culture are not mutually exclusive, but mutually dependent. Neither would be remarkable if it were not for the existence of the other." - Bruce Lee

--------------------
Mellonīn, Im annale i galu calad, meleth, ar i Benain
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
  Posted: 15-Dec-2003, 07:37 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

Bruce Lee certainly was a seeker of enlightenment. He kept his seeking spirit throughout his all to short life. We should take a lesson from that. Both to keep seeking and to remember that life comes with no guarantees. None of us knows how long we have to "get it right".

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
urian 
Posted: 02-Oct-2004, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

heretic. lurker in the shadows
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

male

I believe that a great deal of knowledge can be learned through meditation, introspection and self contemplation. I also believe that, at some point, it becomes nessecary to share what you have learned with others so that they(and you ) may continue to grow as individuals and spirits.

I guess I have a hybrid outlook on things...

--------------------
'Dying for being different is still better than living as a Sheep'-anon
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]