camac 
Posted: 04-Apr-2014, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Burlington. On.

male

Last Xmas 2012, my oldest and her hubby adopted a 12 year old boy and I became a grandfather in a fashion. I just received an e-mail from the oldest letting me know that the final court hearing and confirmation is on the 25th of this month. I am very 'happy for all of them but I have some reservations about becoming a granddad in this fashion. I fully expected to get grandkids 'the regular way. Don't get me wrong my grandson is a fine young man but the problem lies in I hardly see him as he is busy with school and all sorts of activities. He is in the Air Cadets and just got promoted to Leading Cadet 1st class. I don't think the states has this sort of programs like we have in the Army Cadets (that's what I was in) Sea Cadets (Squids), and Air Cadets (Pigeons). Its great fun and you also learn the military essentials. Any way I'm happy that A.J. is in the Air Cadets, although I would have preferred he join the Army Cadets and carry on the family tradition. I know or a least hope that if I get to know A.J. better I will accept him.

--------------------
" I am so excited about Canada ruling the World" (John Diefenbaker)

"The Strength of Mankind Lies in its' Women"
PMEmail Poster               
WallaceGal 
Posted: 04-Apr-2014, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

If your oldest and her hubby love him, accept him for them if nothing else. What a wonderful gift they've given him, a family he may never have had. And it sounds like he's turning into a fine young man.

Having been adopted myself, I know the thoughts that run through my head occasionally about what I could have been had I never been adopted. Love isn't dictated by blood, but by the heart.

Good luck to you.

PS, we have the ROTC here in the states. Same type of program, but they're designated by AFROTC, NROTC etc for the different branches of service.

--------------------
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
heartsong 
Posted: 08-Apr-2014, 06:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Chattanooga, TN

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #68
53,071 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Congrats on the grandson.
Don't worry about how he became your grandson, just spend time with him & show him he's important.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
camac 
Posted: 08-Apr-2014, 07:56 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Burlington. On.

male

Paula my oldest sent me an e-mail saying that on April 25 I along with other friends and family are invited to attend the finalization of A.J.s' adoption at the Milton Court House. Well that is it as A.J. will become an official and legal member of the family. Can't get the Blood thing out of my mind. Never realized I could habour a prejudice like that. I really like the kid but he is not nor will he ever be Blood. I will however play the part and maybe over the next few years come to accept him. Got to admit though it is a bit of a shock realizing I could feel this way. Just not me but there it is staring me in the face.
PMEmail Poster               
MelissaDawn7 
Posted: 28-May-2014, 08:11 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacOak

female

Accept him and love him like a natural grandchild! My husband and I have had to consider adoption due to certain circumstances and I would hope that our family would treat them the same as our nieces and nephews.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]