> What Movies Have You Seen Recently?, Old and new
CelticRoz 
Posted: 20-May-2005, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Mike! We may go see it this weekend. Right now my vehicle is in the shop, so have to play it by ear. But that's what our plans are. I'll let you know what I think too when and if I see it.

Rindy, you are going to back to Kingdom of Heaven? wow! You must really like that movie.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 22-May-2005, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I just came back from watching "Star Wars, EpisodeIII"....and it was GOOD!!!
I went there with a bit of mixed emotions because I loved EpisodeI but didn't like Episode II too much.
Most of all I was interested to learn about Anakin's fall and the reasons for him to turn to the dark side. And how the connection to "Star Wars, A New Hope" was realised. I wasn't disappointed at that at all. To my mind it was done very well.
Of course there were brilliant special effects...and it was worth seeing it!!!!
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
MDF3530 
  Posted: 22-May-2005, 05:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Last night, I rented "Phantom of the Opera" from the video store. I had seen it in the theater and loved it. My mom, on the other hand, liked the play better. Emmy Rossum was brilliant as Christine Daae. You can tell she's a classically-trained singer.

I remember reading when it came out that Andrew Lloyd Webber originally wanted to do the film adaptation ten years ago with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman.

Right now, I'm watching my DVD of "Ben-Hur". The chariot race is awesome to watch on DVD. Too bad I don't like the star's views on gun control.

This post has been edited by MDF3530 on 22-May-2005, 05:04 PM

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 24-May-2005, 05:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Saw Revenge of the Sith this past weekend. Really enjoyed it. starwars.gif

If anyone has the original movie (Episode 4, A New Hope), try this: after seeing Revenge at the theatre, go home and pop in the episode 4 copy you have and watch it. We did sunday and you will not view Episode 4 in the same way again. Meaning, we now know the backstory to most every thing happening in Ep. 4. It was fun, try it!
PMEmail Poster               
Siarls 
Posted: 24-May-2005, 06:25 AM
Quote Post

Student of Modern Celtic Languages
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: The Lliw Valley, South Wales

male

I saw Star Wars III on my 21st last week and went in with mixed emotions and came out with mixed emotions. I love Star Wars, but sometimes there are things I want to know that film seems to have missed out.
And boy did I HATE Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones. I went to see that on my 18th birthday and was extremely disappointed.

However, Star Wars III is better. I wanted to know more about Princess Leia, her planet and how the rebellion gets started, so felt it was a bit incomplete.

I loved the scene with the Emperor and Yoda because they're my my two favourite characters. Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine/Darth Sidious) and Frank Oz (voice of Yoda) were excellent choices.

I hated General Grievous and any scenes on Tatooine or any sort of baron red planet.

I am going to go and see Star Wars III again with my little brother.

--------------------
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i´m gwlad
Tra môr yn fur
I'r bur hoff bau
O bydded i´r heniaith barhau
PMEmail Poster               
gwenynen 
Posted: 24-May-2005, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

My older children went to see it. My second daughter came home with red eyes and nose. The smaller ones are just as excited and want to go watch it but it was vetoed by their father as being too intense for them. They'll get to watch it though when DVD comes out (with some censor.) My oldest went to the premiere in London (waited for 8 hours in the cold rain!)

Just think this series started almost 30 years ago. I remember watching the first one in Japan (not at a theater but VHS at a neighbor's house!) I respect Lucas for sticking to his vision.

By the way, have you heard the full scale Millenium Falcon for the film was built in West Wales? It was to be kept secret but the words got out and people started gossiping UFO was being built!

To Siarls: Penblwydd hapus! smile.gif (I'm sorry it's a little belated.)

--------------------
Weithiau, mae'r ateb i'n problemau o dan ein trwynau, dim ond bod angen i ni gymryd cam yn ôl ac edrych eto. - Stuart Kerner
PMEmail Poster                
Moon Child 
Posted: 25-May-2005, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

QUOTE (Siarls @ 24-May-2005, 06:25 AM)
I saw Star Wars III on my 21st last week and went in with mixed emotions and came out with mixed emotions. I love Star Wars, but sometimes there are things I want to know that film seems to have missed out.
And boy did I HATE Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones. I went to see that on my 18th birthday and was extremely disappointed.

However, Star Wars III is better. I wanted to know more about Princess Leia, her planet and how the rebellion gets started, so felt it was a bit incomplete.

Siarls, my cousin is a HUGE fan of Stars Wars and has mentioned to me that in the series of books that they have out they have a lot of information that the movies don't have. She told me that they have books that are before the first movie and even books that are between and after each movie. If you need to know anything just let me know and I can ask her for you since she has most the books!!!! happy.gif
PMEmail Poster                
MDF3530 
  Posted: 25-May-2005, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Just think this series started almost 30 years ago. I remember watching the first one in Japan (not at a theater but VHS at a neighbor's house!) I respect Lucas for sticking to his vision.

I just checked out IMDb.com. My folks took me to see the original when I was three years old ohmy.gif !
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 25-May-2005, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Three years old...imagine that! cool.gif ...You're still a puppy compared to me. I was about 16 when I went to see the first movie... unsure.gif
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 26-May-2005, 09:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I was 19 in 1977!
I tell my boys that I still recall all the hype and excitement of the first star wars movie. What a time is was!

starwars.gif
PMEmail Poster               
morgana_l_f 
Posted: 26-May-2005, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHolly

Realm: North Dakota

female

I just went to Kicking and Screaming last night. It stars Will Farrel as a guy who gets too into coaching his son's soccer team. It reminded me so much of my high school sports career. There is one scene where he is ranting and raving at the kids and everyone else in the theater was laughing, but i was in a sort of shock- it was really my basketball and volleyball coaches up there. If it hadn't been so comic, it would have been sad.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Shadodansr 
Posted: 27-May-2005, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Upstate NY

female

Movies movies..

Well, I've seen Revenge of the Sith twice now. (I was 7 when the first one came out) I also saw Kingdom of Heaven last night. I'm still digesting on that one...

There are a ton of movies coming out though, that I want to see.

And JP: I must borrow this starwars.gif from you. oh, please please please???

rolleyes.gif

--------------------
~~Goddess of Perk~~
NeidFyre
[email protected]

We are the Music Makers, and We are the Dreamers of Dreams
~Willy Wonka
PMEmail Poster                
MDF3530 
  Posted: 27-May-2005, 11:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

starwars.gif

Every time I see that smiley, I can hear the sound of the lightsabers in my head laugh.gif !
Shadodansr 
Posted: 27-May-2005, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Upstate NY

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 27-May-2005, 02:11 PM)

Every time I see that smiley, I can hear the sound of the lightsabers in my head laugh.gif !

::hee hee:: Me too! I had to have it!!! starwars.gif

~Mel
PMEmail Poster                
Siarls 
Posted: 27-May-2005, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

Student of Modern Celtic Languages
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: The Lliw Valley, South Wales

male

Thanks, Gwenynen! It's strange that people that have only known me a couple of weeks are sending me birthday greetings, when some people who have known me my entire life have forgotten.

I did not know that the Millennium Falcon was made in West Wales. Do you know where exactly?

To Moon Child: I may have a few questions about Star Wars, but I was so looking forward to watching the answers on a cinema screen!

By the way, I'm going to see Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith again next week with my little brother. On Tuesday, I bought the whole trilogy on DVD for only £20 (staff discount and special offer with your cinema ticket stub). I was delighted to see some improvements, such as Hayden (Welsh name by the way;), should be spelt Haydn) Christiansen appearing at the end of Episode VI as Anakin and Ian McDiarmid as the Emperor in Episode V.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]