Guests cannot vote 
Camac
Posted on 30-Jan-2009, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Gentlemen I have a problem trying to figure out why your President, who is a civilian, salutes the Military. I know he is your Commander in Chief but he is a civilian and as such is not entitled to render a Military Honour. Our G.G who is the Queens' representative in our system is also our Commander in Chief and unless he or she is a retired Military Officer appointed to that position can not render a Salute. Even Her Majesty (who is also C in C) unless she is wearing the uniform of an honouary Colonel of a Regiment cannot salute at the Trooping of the Colours or any Military function.

Camac.

Dogshirt 
Posted on 30-Jan-2009, 11:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

36 lashes and 4 days in the stocks!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
davehardy0101 
Posted on 20-Feb-2009, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHazel

male

I think the punishment was uncalled for. Looks like an informal salute to the President to me. A reciprocal recognition, like returning a salute, is appropriate.
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted on 20-Feb-2009, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Ŕgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 30-Jan-2009, 01:21 PM)
Gentlemen I have a problem trying to figure out why your President, who is a civilian, salutes the Military. I know he is your Commander in Chief but he is a civilian and as such is not entitled to render a Military Honour. Our G.G  who is the Queens' representative in our system is also our Commander in Chief and unless he or she is a retired Military Officer appointed to that position can not render a Salute. Even Her Majesty (who is also C in C) unless she is wearing the uniform of an honouary Colonel of a Regiment cannot salute at the Trooping of the Colours or any Military function.

Camac.

There may be some kind of presidence dating back to previous Presidents (possibly even George Washington) that we are not aware of, or some little know federal law that allows this. I know federal law was recently changed to state: "—that veterans are now permitted to render a hand salute when the U.S. flag is raised and lowered, passes in review, during the Pledge of Allegiance, and during the playing of the National Anthem".

usaflag.gif

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
Camac
Posted on 20-Feb-2009, 03:33 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

MacEoghainn;

Here the only time a vet can render a salute to the colours is if he is a Legion Member and in uniform. You yanks have one custom I must commend you on and it is I believe that your National Colours may never touch the ground. We have that also except in one instance. If His/Her Majesty (and only them) is reviewing Troops on Parade and passes the Colours while doing so the Colours must be dip to the ground as he/she passes. I personally don't like that. A Nation comes before a Monarch.

Camac

PS: I'm a Monarchist but I do not put them above my country. They are sevants of the Nation not the other way around.

rpeirson 
Posted on 25-Feb-2009, 07:21 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacIvy

male

I have to agree he broke rank and that is uncalled for in parade formation. Punishment harsh but that is there method. This should help show others what it means to be in an honor position like that and respect tradition

--------------------
Lord Robert John
PMEmail Poster               
rstanley 
Posted on 25-Feb-2009, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: New York City, NY

male

A Fire Department Pipe & Drum Band is NOT a Military Band and should NOT be held to the same requirements as a Military Band. I AM a a Drum Major, and D/M's regularly salute parade organizers and distinguished guests. Why should a Drum Major NOT acknowledge a wave from the President??? Why should the President NOT wave or salute a civilian Pipe & Drum Band, or anyone else for that matter??? What is the problem??? Why should a Military P&D Band NOT salute the President??? I always thought if you were in the Military, you SHOULD salute the President of the United States!!!

The band overstepped their bounds by suspending him! They should reinstate him immediately, with full apologies, and I think a letter from the President to that band is in order!

What the H#&& is happening in this country, when an act of respect to the President gets you in major trouble???

Rick Stanley
D/M
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]