Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Todd,

That's wonderful about your mother.

How's everything else going? Has it been difficult telling people or easier than you feared? You'll get through it all and we're here for you.

Prayers and hugs
Elspeth

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
tsargent62 
Posted: 09-Apr-2004, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

Hi, Elspeth!

Things are going alright. Since we're just carrying the bacteria that causes the disease and are on antibiotics we're not contagious, so we didn't find it necessary to tell anyone outside our circle of friends and family. Our fears are gone now that we're better informed. We just wish we could figure out where we got this from. We had to have been in contact with someone with active TB for an extended period of time. All 5 of us.

BTW: When I wrote saying I was bummed about having to give up beer for this I probably overstated a bit. I like to have 1 or 2 a week, never to excess, and just don't like to be told I can't have something. It's not a big problem. Believe me, with my mother's history, and indeed a seemingly genetic disposition for alcoholisim my family, I will never make giving up beer that big of an issue.

Thanks for your thoughts, prayers and hugs. I can always use them.

How's it going for you? I think and pray about you and your situation a lot.

Todd
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 10-Apr-2004, 07:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

Todd,

I am so glad things are going better for you. Information almost always calms those icky fears, doesn't it? That is a poser, to find who you contacted it from. I never realized TB was still an active condition in the US. My grandfather had it back in the 50's, but I thought it had been basically eradicated.

Thank you so much for remembering me in your prayers. The best I can describe my situation is stirred. Things are stirred up and that makes it uncomfortable, but that is the precurser to all change and I'm confident we will end up on a slightly higher plane. My husband actually talked to the doctor about going to a re-hab hospital. That's a step.
I started getting panic attacks last weekend and that was the last straw for me. I finally went to the doctor, first to make sure I wasn't having a heart attack and second to get a perscription for an anti-depressent. Something I didn't realize how much I needed until I started taking it. It's still making me a bit woozy, but the absence of easily induced sheer paniced fear makes it more than worth it.

Elspeth
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 10-Apr-2004, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Elspeth,

when my sons were so seriously ill and I didn't know if they got healthy anymore I also had to visit the doctor and I got a prescription for these pills. I didn't want to take them but like you I had these terrible panic attacks and couldn't help myself anymore. He told me there are situations one needs this help. And there is nothing bad about it as long as one handles it with responsibility. He was right.
I'm glad you did this step. You will be able to bear the whole situation better now.

I'm thinking a lot of you and I felt you have a very hard time now. You are always in my thoughts and prayers . If you want to talk, write me.

Todd,

I'm glad it worked out rather good for you and your family! When this year is over you all will be cured...really good news. Praise the Lord!

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 10-Apr-2004, 03:19 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello everyone! I am back home as of early this morning! Yippee! No place like home, eh? Hubby and dogs were glad to see me! I was pretty glad to see them too!

Well, it was a very eventful trip to California. My mother is very ill and even had another variant of a stroke of which they call a TIA (transient ischemic attack) and we had to take her back to the hospital. She is out now and home and stable. Doctor told us that she would continue to get worse in many ways and there will come a time when me and my sister will have to make some major decisions for her futurecare. We got her a wheelchair, home health care and a home visiting doctor and then my sis is looking into some other things. Anything to keep her from going into a nursing home. My sis wants to keep her home and take care of her, but it is very hard on her too as she has an awful lot of responsibility upon her. And here I sit a state away, being able to be away from all the everydays of caring for mother. Well, we all come to this with our families and ourselves eventually, don't we?

so how is everyone else? I prayed for you all on my trip to California.

Todd, glad to hear the good news about your mother. Hope you and your family are doing well.

Elspeth! I worked in the medical field for about 30 years and I have to tell you that over 50 million people in this country are on anti-anxiety or anti-depression drugs. So don't worry about it. You do what you have to do and you take care of yourself and you are in my prayers too.......... as you all are.

Thank you all for your support, encouragement, PM's and prayers!

Happy to be back home! I missed you all.
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 10-Apr-2004, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Hello, Rose;

I'm so glad your back. I've missed you, girl! Glad you travelled safe.
Your mother is home and stable. This is what counts at the moment...
Have peaceful Easter Days !

CelticRoz 
Posted: 10-Apr-2004, 04:54 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Gabby! Thank you so very much! I hope that things are very well for you.

Thank you for your prayers and concern.
RobertH 
Posted: 10-Apr-2004, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

Realm: Washington

male

All -

Please add James, the son of a good friend of mine, in your prayers. He's been in trouble for driving too fast more than once, and now he's recently had an accident that's left him in a coma. His father is dealing with all of this as best he can, but I know it's a challenge to his family and his faith.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 10-Apr-2004, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Will do so Robert! Thanks for sharing with us.
tsargent62 
Posted: 11-Apr-2004, 12:01 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

Rose, so glad you made back safely. I'm glad your mother is stable.

Robert, I will definitely keep your friend and his family in my prayers.

Elspeth, I praise God that your husband has consented to try rehab. I've been praying for that. I pray it works. You and your family deserve to be happy. I know that if your husband licks his addiction that he will be happier as well.

I understand your anxiety and depression. I've suffered from depression all my life. Sometimes worse than others. It stems from my experiences with my ADD. Different cause, same result. I'm glad the anti-depressants are working.

You know what I do when I'm feeling really anxious, depressed, guilty or what ever is bringing me low? I ask God for a hug. Try it. Right now.

"Heavenly Father, I could really use a hug about now. May I have one, please?"

It is a wonderful feeling. I can feel God's arms around me right now. Throw one in from me for good measure, all of you.

Todd
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 11-Apr-2004, 12:02 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

Elspeth,

Interesting what you said about TB. I worked with someone who's husband had it several years ago. I've tested clean in the time in between until now, so I didn't get it from her. When we tested positive, we were referred to our county's Department of Public Health. They told us that most of the active TB is outside the US, mostly in developing countries. Roughly 2 million people a year die from it. So, it isn't a huge problem in the US, but it is still a problem.

Todd

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 12-Apr-2004, 04:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

Hello all!

Robert - I will indeed remember your friend's son and the family in my prayers. That must be so difficult. I don't even want to imagine what they are going through.

Rose, I'm glad you're back home but sorry you will be dealing with your mother's failing health and care issues.

Todd, unfortuneately my husband decided he's not ready yet to take the step to quit drinking. At least he's gotten information and has been forced to consider it. In all honesty, I don't see him ever quitting. I know I should be praying for him, but as gabby can attest, there are times and things for which you can just no longer pray.

I actually don't feel too weird about taking the anti-depressants. Taking them has made me realize I should have done this years ago. However, taking away most of the fear it does raise some issues like what the heck am I supposed to be doing with my life.

Thanks you one and all for you love and support. I don't know where I would be right now if not for the concern of my cyber friends.

I hope everyone had a blessed Easter.

Elspeth
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Apr-2004, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Many hugs to you Elspeth! I know you are going through a very difficult time right now. My sister-in-law struggles with the very same issues as you.

todd, thanks for keeping us informed. I pray for you and your family to recover quickly.

Robert, you are still in my prayers.

Gabby, you are too!
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 12-Apr-2004, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Hello everyone!

I've been offline for almost a week with so much going on at home, and I've missed everyone. Hubby and I went to Tennessee for a few days to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, then when we got back we had to organize a big 'Sweet 16' birthday party for our not-so-little girl. Fun, but exhausting!
Hope all of you are going to have a great week. Todd, I'm glad you're keeping us informed - please continue. That thing about a hug from God, I'm pleasantly surprised to see you mention it - I've actually told God I wished I had one sometimes and much to my amazement, I actually felt His presence! Silly me for doubting, right?? rolleyes.gif

RobertH, so sorry to hear about young James and his accident - too bad he had to learn his lesson in such a hard way, and I hope he does recover soon.

Elspeth, I'm praying for you to receive peace and wisdom in all this. Husbands can be the most exasperating people on the planet.

Its interesting, how so many of us here have dealt with depression. I had a serious bout with it for the first time back in 1988 after my daughter was born; I think the common post-partum depression thing triggered a full-blown situation in me and it nearly brought me down... no one really knew what was going on either, not my family or friends. Only by the grace of a remarkably patient and creative God did I ever come out of that situation alive! It was the one thing that taught me I can trust in God, and that is a wonderful lesson to learn... but what a black place it was to dwell in for those years.
To this day the potential for a 'relapse' is always there; discouraging life situations or set-backs can trigger it, but at least I know the signs and can usually stop it before it gets too bad. But I know its my weakness, my Achilles heel, and that it will never completely go away.
People who say stuff like 'oh what do you have to feel depressed about' or 'get over it' just don't know what they're talking about, do they?! It never goes away completely...

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Apr-2004, 11:46 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ Apr 12 2004, 09:26 AM)
People who say stuff like 'oh what do you have to feel depressed about' or 'get over it' just don't know what they're talking about, do they?!  It never goes away completely...[/color][/font]

SB! You know as well as I about depression and anxiety. I suffer from it daily and have for many years. You try to escape it,but yet it always seems to draw you back in the black hole. No one can possibly understand it unless they have experienced it and it is horrible when you are in the midst of it.

On a positive note, Happy 25th wedding anniversary SB and Happy 16th birthday to Lauren! Wow! hard to believe she is 16 now.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]