Taliesin's Journal

Index -> Journal-> Hoody HOO! TiVo-like computer is complete!!!

Journal Entry

Add Entry   

Hoody HOO! TiVo-like computer is complete!!!
Posted by sir_tal on Jan 6th, 2005 6:15 PM
This is sort of a continuation of the last journal entry. I have been listening to Celtic Radio on my main stereo system for a long time now, and I love it! But now, the main thrust of the project is DONE!

I got the tuner card, software, hard drive, and remote control for my computer for Christmas. I finally got everything installed and set up last weekend, and the result is even better than I thought it would be! I can now pause, rewind, and record Live TV. The software I am using, Beyond TV has their own programming guide, where you can just click on a show and set it to record that particular show or every occurrence of that show. With a 200 Gigabyte hard drive, I can store something like 108 hours of Television. And the best thing about it, I don't even have to pay a monthly fee!!! WOOO!

Anyway, I'm happy that I finally got it all working. Now all I have to do is get my Satellite installed so I can stop using this stupid antenna. I hate antenna. Especially with TiVo. With antenna, you know, you have to set up the stupid antenna to receive each station, and each station requires a different position of the antenna. This means that if I want to record something on both the WB channel AND Fox, I have to fix the antenna properly between each recording. If that doesn't defeat the purpose of TiVo, I don't know what does!

This weekend is the magical install date of Dish Network. Again, hoody hoo, and I hope you all had wonderful holiday seasons and happy new years!

-Chris

Please post your comments below.

Add Entry   

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!