> Phoenix07 Pics..
CelticRoz 
Posted: 11-Feb-2005, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Phoenix! I haven't done any photography lately. We are having a lot of rain here in the desert which promises a beautiful and blooming desert, so I plan to be out there taking pics when spring comes around in a month or so.

Thanks for telling me about deviantart. It looks like a great site. Maybe when I get some more photos done, I will join it and load some of my stuff in there. Although I am really not that good. Hope you are doing well.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
phoenix07 
Posted: 11-Feb-2005, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

Realm: DXB

female

your drawings are amazing! id be supporting you all the way though im sure you can do great without any support!!

will be waiting for the new pictures then wink.gif

--------------------
"May your mind be master of its vow; may your soul be master of its vow; and may you live on in the joy of your soul all the nights of your life."
user posted image
Vd. 18.27
PMEmail Poster                
oldraven 
Posted: 03-Aug-2005, 12:12 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Rose, Deviantart is completely free. You only pay for subscription features (pictures in your journal, watchlist options, more prefferences, etc.), which I do for the ten bucks every three months.

Anyway, I was disapointed to see all of your pictures were gone, phoenix, but I see now that you've just moved it all over to Da. smile.gif

Some that really stand out to me are:
-The Child Within
This is absolutely beautiful. Those two are purely carefree, and just happy to have your attention. smile.gif Even though it is backlit, the image came out with a very soft and warm feel, while clearly detailing the girls.

-Fragile
I'm a big fan of history, and even more in the art of history. This piece came out perfect. It's interesting to see the similarities between this Lebanese artwork and tribal celtic knotwork.

-Wandering Beauty
The picture gives you a feel for the warm environment the girl is in. Innoncence and curriosity.

Great work. Keep it up. smile.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks OR! I don't feel like I am that good or a prolific photographer to join such a site as Devianart. I have seen some really magnificent work in there. Kind of intimidating for me to join, but at the same time for me to enjoy others' works. wink.gif
oldraven 
Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 10:42 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

dA isn't just for photographers. It's for every type of art. Your paintings and sketchwork would be perfectly at home there. And the majority of people on that site are learning, and some at an extremelly basic level. It's a place to learn and share.

But there's a major upheaval going on there right now. Something massively corrupt with the higher-ups. I do believe there will be a new site starting up soon. For those of us for whom the magic is gone. dA was honestly getting far too big anyway. Too corporate. 1.1million users, as of december.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 11:58 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh wow! I didn't know all that OR about art and photography. I have only seen photography work in there by some folks I know who post in there. And I guess I didn't really realize it was a good place to learn and exchange. Thanks! Keep me posted on a new site if one does come up.

Btw, my digital camera gets shipped off to the camera repair tomorrow. I will be without it at a minimum of 6 weeks! I am so very upset about this as it is only a little over a year old, but it already has some problems to be fixed. My hubby tried to surprise me last year for my birthday by buying me this Fujifilm S3000 and it takes outstanding pics, but it is not what I would have chosen for a digital cam. I am a die-hard Canon fan and would have gotten one them instead. Good thing I have my old standbys who have been good workhorses and faithful for 30 years, my Canon 35 mm SLRs! They have been through rain, dust and dropped several times and they just keep on going! You really can't beat them. However, now I want a Canon SLR digital as I find the point and shoot digitals to be a real nuisance because of the delay time. I want real time in photography when I am doing any kind of action. Anyway, I can dream on cause hubby ain't buying one. sad.gif rolleyes.gif
oldraven 
Posted: 05-Aug-2005, 08:04 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

mmmmmmm Rebel XT EOS SLR. 8.0mp. That's a bloody dream. wink.gif

This is the next unit I'd like to get. (I'll won't be holding my breath, though). Minolta Maxxum 7D The light gasket (seal?) on the back of the body came off while we were on vacation. I tried my best to re-apply it, but half of my pictures came out with light leaking extremely bad. I have a feeling every one I took at the beach (our short time on the shores of the Pacific) will be completely ruinned. sad.gif For now, I'm getting my sister to make me a leather case for the camera body to keep light away from the entire camera, because there's no way to tell where it's comming in at. That and it would cost more to get rebuilt than it did to buy it in the first place. tongue.gif

I got two rolls developed though, and there are a good many pictures that I can use. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]