> Phoenix07 Pics..
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Jan-2005, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Happy Birthday, Phoenix! I am really going to show my ignorance here, but I am confused. Where are you from that you and your family wear the beautiful ghasghaei dresses? I thought I have seen posts from you mentioning Australia and then Dublin too. Please forgive me. I am just trying to learn something here that I am now educated on. I have really enjoyed your photos too. Are you from any of those areas or just traveled to them?
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
phoenix07 
Posted: 08-Jan-2005, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

Realm: DXB

female

smile.gif im half irish & half persian.. but was born in australia, live in Dubai for 6 years now!! usually come & go to dublin around christmas , & to iran in summer times .. gave you some headache, i know.. but i like being multinational wub.gif who doesnt anyway!!

--------------------
"May your mind be master of its vow; may your soul be master of its vow; and may you live on in the joy of your soul all the nights of your life."
user posted image
Vd. 18.27
PMEmail Poster                
Rindy 
Posted: 08-Jan-2005, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Great pictures phoenix07,I love the ghasghaei dresses. So bright and colorful. We are glad to have the oportunity to see your pictures. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Jan-2005, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (phoenix07 @ 08-Jan-2005, 06:25 PM)
smile.gif im half irish & half persian.. but was born in australia, live in Dubai for 6 years now!! usually come & go to dublin around christmas , & to iran in summer times .. gave you some headache, i know.. but i like being multinational wub.gif who doesnt anyway!!

Wow! You are lucky to be multi-national, to have all this culture around you. Now you live in Dubai? I bet it is wonderful to be able to go and travel and take all these really neat photos. No wonder your photos are so great! Keep sharing!

BTW, thanks for explaining to me! LOL
phoenix07 
Posted: 08-Jan-2005, 08:03 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

female

i love knowing more about other cultures wub.gif especially when it comes to clothes! my picture in the profile was taken during the diwali festival my indian friends had on november 12th, i was wearing a light greenish indian dress & the gold was real heavy on my head! wished my fiance came & wore punjabi dress , but hes a bit shy dry.gif

here is a picture of my niece having hard time dancing with the handkerchiefs laugh.gif you can see my green dress behind her!!

leila

thats her again biggrin.gif

leila-sh

what do you think? laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster                
phoenix07 
Posted: 08-Jan-2005, 08:10 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 09-Jan-2005, 03:29 AM)
Great pictures phoenix07,I love the ghasghaei dresses. So bright and colorful. We are glad to have the oportunity to see your pictures. smile.gif

sweatdrop.gif you people make me feel shy !! kisss.gif to u all my sweet family wub.gif

umm, here is the link where i got the 2 pics of ghashghaei tribe, u can read more about iran here smile.gif iran-caravan

the photo gallery is extremely awesome thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Jan-2005, 10:07 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Whoa! Phoenix! That is you in your profile? eek.gif You are a very very beautiful girl! I love your dress too! I love the music and dress from the area that you are from. Your niece is very beautiful too. My gosh! Those eyes and that dress she si wearing! I am a portrait painter myself and once I did a portrait of a little girl from Pakistan. I really loved painting her. I don't paint anymore though. Wish I had a photo of the portrait to show you though. I really think the people of the Arab and Indian nations are such very gorgeous people!
phoenix07 
Posted: 09-Jan-2005, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 09-Jan-2005, 08:07 AM)
Whoa! Phoenix! That is you in your profile? eek.gif You are a very very beautiful girl! I love your dress too! I love the music and dress from the area that you are from. Your niece is very beautiful too. My gosh! Those eyes and that dress she si wearing! I am a portrait painter myself and once I did a portrait of a little girl from Pakistan. I really loved painting her. I don't paint anymore though. Wish I had a photo of the portrait to show you though. I really think the people of the Arab and Indian nations are such very gorgeous people!

sweatdrop.gif thank you celticrose ..as my persian side would say "cheshat ghashan mibinan" -your eyes are (see) beautiful wink_kiss.gif
i find indians and pakistanis (girls) so beautiful, my roomie is paki & she is simply gorgeous rolleyes.gif

i really wish i could see the portrait wub.gif any chance you could find it here or there & let us all have a look ?? pleeeeeaaase hug.gif

& why you draw no more?? we all will be supporting you to go on hug.gif
-we need a group hug here- dry.gif
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Jan-2005, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I don't know what happened to that painting I did of the Paki girl. I gave it to my uncle and then he died and I don't remember what happened from there. I don't know if I gave it to someone else or sold it. If you want to see some of my artwork, I have a thread in the artwork section in here titled "Artwork by Celticrose." I have some photography in this thread too. I mostly do portraits of Native American Indians, or I did. I got burned out with all the doing and showing of my artwork. I got bored with my subject matter. Then while I did sell my artwork, it was never enough to make a living at it and I just got kind of discouraged and gave up on it. One day I will probably get back to it, but for now I just need a long break from it all.

Want to see more of your photos. I will try to post more photos in my photo thread too. wink.gif
phoenix07 
Posted: 09-Jan-2005, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

female

i have checked all you artwork & photography threads!! & they are great!! you should make your own site & sell them.. i'll help you out with photoshop things, my friend is teaching me some tricks that might help as a start biggrin.gif

im flying to shiraz in a week for my cousin's wedding, i guess we'll have some traditional dancing around wub.gif so if i had the chance i will take some few pics of my family dancing biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                
susieq76 
Posted: 10-Jan-2005, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

El,

Those are such wonderful pictures of your family and tribe. Rose is right! You, your sister and your neice are beautiful! And what beautiful outfits you have on. Thank you for the link with more information on Iran. As soon as I get time I will be sure and read it. Please do set up a topic on Persia/Iran if you would like. I know that we would love to know more about it, and you. Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 10-Jan-2005, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks for looking at my art and photography threads, Phoenix! I appreicate it. I know a lot of artists who have set up their own website to sell their work and had no more success than out showing their work at art shows and galleries like I did. I did think about selling some on eBay though! biggrin.gif Thanks for your offer to help too! I appreciate that too.
phoenix07 
Posted: 28-Jan-2005, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

female

biggrin.gif my topic is pinned, im happy!
nyways smile.gif
i have loads of pictures too, but its just a hobby, i dont intend to sell any, but let all to see , that helps me improve as well smile.gif
i've started my deviantart, put the picture of lebanon overview there, after editing with photoshop ofcourse smile.gif i learned some few tricks from my cousin!
i hope u like the pics, & any comments are welcomed unsure.gif

my lil place smile.gif
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 29-Jan-2005, 03:11 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Phoenix! I went and looked at your little world on deviantART. some really fabulous photos there. Plus, I love seeing what it looks like in your part of the world. I was going to join deviantART, but I see you have to pay for that monthly so I didn't do it. sad.gif Looks like a great site though. Has a message board too, eh?
phoenix07 
Posted: 11-Feb-2005, 04:51 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

female

jesus! i just noticed your note here sad.gif sorry for being away for long time..
if you go again to deviantart, you can notice that you can change the option in the combobox to "No Thanks!" wink.gif
the subscription though gives u load of options like print option..i guess i have to wait till i get my place & pictures improved then see if i would like to subscribe, other than that it will be waste of money! laugh.gif

waiting to see your beautious works
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]