Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,076 Gold!

Well, I am happy to announce that we now have a brand new forum! Like alot of things on Highlander Radio, we listen to what our members have to say and build our site keeping our members feedback in mind.

We are happy to announce that Welsh Guy has volunteered to moderate the Welsh forum! We clearly were lacking a seperate forum devoted to Wales and I know for myself I am looking to learn more about Wales and how it fits in with Celtic history in general. For one, I am very interest in learning about their flags - for starters!

Because we have added 2 new forums in the past 2 weeks, we did not want the front of the forum to get over-crowded, so we have decided to move "You Family History" to a sub-forum under the Scotland Forum. Most of the posts are about Scottish Heritage and the last post in this forum was on 8/13/02, so we think this will help us focus on the major forums at the top of our forum.

My personal thanks to WelshGuy for bringing Welsh issues to the forefront here!  (d)

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 28-Oct-2002, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

::beerchug HIP HIP HURRAY! for Welchy Guy. When he asked the question "why no welch?", I was going to suggest he start a forum. I'm sure I will learn a lot from it, my knowlage of the Welch is very limited. I saw "The Man Who Went Up A Hill And Came Down A Mountain. And from a book I learned Sian, a popular girls' name, people think it is after an indian tribe, is really Welch.  ::confused Welch S sounding like Sh is confusing, no wonder, people hear great great aunt was Sian, an want a different family name, spell it like the indian tribe name, they see alot.
PMEmail Poster               
Welsh Guy 
Posted: 01-Nov-2002, 12:25 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Paris, France

Sorry for the delay in replying to this post, Sian is the female version of the name Sion ("Sean" in Scotland) this is the celtic derivation of John, Therefore Sian most closly corresponds to Joanne in English (Jeanne as in Jeanne d'arc in French)

The Welsh S is not pronouced as Sh, but when you place an "i" after an "S" in Welsh, it has the same sound as placing an "h" after an "S" in English .

I hope thats helpful

And by the way, thank you for your support re the Tartan Joke.

Iechyd Dda

--------------------
Quand tout renaît à l'espérance
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 02-Nov-2002, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

Quote (Welsh Guy @ Nov. 01 2002,1:25)
And by the way, thank you for your support re the Tartan Joke.

Iechyd Dda

No problem Welch Guy, you'll soon learn kick those 2 guys around too. Some times they are so slow, little highland lassie gets it before them. But then again, she can dance rings around them.
Thanks for more info on the name Sian. One family has a little girl with the name. Parents explaine it is from a Welsh grand mother down the line, but they spell it more like the indian tribe name. It wouldn't be so bad, but that is a name white man gave to them, by messing up pronouncation of what the tribe called themselves.
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 02-Nov-2002, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

If it's not in HTML, JavaScript, DHTML or some other programing code I haven't a clue LOL  ::funny
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 04-Nov-2002, 11:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,076 Gold!

Quote (Cabbagehome @ Nov. 02 2002,6:35)
No problem Welch Guy, you'll soon learn kick those 2 guys around too. Some times they are so slow, little highland lassie gets it before them. But then again, she can dance rings around them.

I swear she could jump over me while standing too!

Actually I was pretty fast too in my younger days. It just seems like those younger days are further and further away each year! :p
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
scottish2 
Posted: 04-Nov-2002, 01:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Ugh don't remiond me Paul I have yet another one coming up end of next month. UGH
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 06-Nov-2002, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

::viking  In my WAY YOUNGER days, I could out run my brothers, even the one 5 yrs older. Just a survile skill I had, to bad I didn't go out for track. ::rolling
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]