Posted: 01-Oct-2006, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I'm sure a great many of us have huge libraries of (Celtic) music, Movies, and other such goodies. I know my own audio library would be a runaway monster if I didn't have some way to categorize. And I can't imagine the pain (asside from fingers) that Paul would have managing 10,000 + tracks. Physically, a shelf or few is about all that most of us need.

I know that in the computer, his broadcasting software handles all the goodies. For me, I use my computer's directory structure to help me find and identify my library. However, one thing this system does nto allow for, is cover art.

Until now, this hasn't been an issue, because no application I used to access my music used the cover art. Now, however, I'm thinking that might be a good thing to have avaliable on my new iPod. I just need a good automated script to get the files for me and map the music to them. That way, when I add this stuff to my new portable media buddy here, it has the nice pretty eye candy to go along with the tunes smile.gif

GTK pod has support for manually setting this on a track by track basis, but I need something to go through my entire library, and get cover art to use on my Ipod. Ideas?

PS: I hope to only need to run this once, so Windows or Linux apps may apply. I'm thinking even a script might be able to do the job.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]