gwenlee 
Posted: 08-Dec-2005, 03:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi everyone. I've been under the weather for the past few days, cough, congestion, just plain feel yuk. I have missed a couple of days of work and now I have to miss dance. Oh well, I hope to feel better by Saturday because we are having a Christmas Social.

We closed on the sell of our house yesterday. It is all a blur because I didn't feel well. Now we have to make some decisions about our next move. I teased my hunny and told him we could move to Alaska. But with him being from Central America that didn't go over very well with him. My friends weren't happy about that thought either. So I guess we will stay here in Georgia.

It is so cold here today and it looks snowy. I think we are suppose to get a little mix of rain and sleet.

Has anyone finished with their Christmas shopping yet? I haven't. I have a long way to go. With trying to sell the house and get things in order the time has just slipped by.

The kids are going to Florida the weekend before Christmas for a conference. They are looking forward to it. During that time I'll do my shopping.

Well I have to go and take some more medicine.

TTFN
Gwenlee
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Perkeo 
Posted: 08-Dec-2005, 09:07 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
4,432,057 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

Clan: AWARE

Well, I wished for snow and boy did we get some..... laugh.gif

It started around 2:30pm and it might stop around midnight. They say we should have about 8 inches by 11pm. We have really strong winds so drifting snow will cause problems. There have already been over 100 schools and businesses closed for tomarrow.

I LOVE SNOW!!!!!

--------------------
Member since 2004
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 08-Dec-2005, 09:44 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Grumble, grumble, grumble

Rub it in, why dontcha! biggrin.gif

We're just getting sleet and ice. sad.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
Rindy 
Posted: 08-Dec-2005, 09:59 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Good evening! Well we are still in the freezer a town not to far from here actual temperature not wind chill- was -35 and the high was -6..

Hi Stoirmeil.. Hope all is well with you.. how is your whistle coming along?

Hi Perkeo- so happy you got your snow...

Wizard - I take it you didn't get yours-so sorry.. I hate icy roads-did my share of slip sliding today..

Hi-SB its good to see you..

Gwenlee- I am sending well wishes your way.. I am so sorry your not feeling good.. you get well soon..
Let us know how your Christmas social goes. I am so happy for you that you closed on your house..
My Christmas shopping is almost done--its almost here...

Well take care everyone-keep warm and see you tomorrow..

Happy Holidays
Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Dec-2005, 11:58 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello and Merry Christmas to y'all!

Why anyone would like snow and ice is beyond me! But then I hate to be cold, hate ice and hate snow! biggrin.gif I am way too spoiled! However, for us desert rats here? We are cold! Yep! It may be only 28-35 degrees but we are freezing in those temps! Our blood runs thin due to our extreme summers and when winter comes, we are COLD! biggrin.gif

Things are well here. Been having a lot of visitors to my home and that has kept me busy. Plus my sis in CA is horribly sick with the flu and then hubby came home today sick! Oh my!

I am getting my Christmas shopping done, but have yet to wrap anything or mail my gifts out. Just don't seem to be with it this year...it came too fast for me. Is that a good excuse? unsure.gif

Take care and Merry Christmas!
gwenlee 
Posted: 09-Dec-2005, 06:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Good Morning everyone. I went to bed about 7:30 last night and got up about 6 this morning. I never sleep that much. I'm still congested. But I have so much to do today. Thank you Rindy for the well wishes

It is cold outside and they keep telling us we are in for some mixed rain/sleet/snow it just depends where you live at in Georgia. I love the snow but I hate having snow in the South. People down here don't know how to drive in it. They think just because they have a 4 wheel drive they can drive like they are on dry pavement. And as I have lived in the South for so many years I like being warm. I hate the cold.

I wrapped a few of my gifts. I have a Christmas tree and the gifts are wrapped in Hanukkah paper. My brother thinks that is so crazy. He told me I confuse the tree.

Well I have to get ready and take my dogs to the groomer

TTFN
gwenlee

Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 09-Dec-2005, 08:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 08-Dec-2005, 04:57 PM)
We closed on the sell of our house yesterday. It is all a blur because I didn't feel well. Now we have to make some decisions about our next move. I teased my hunny and told him we could move to Alaska. But with him being from Central America that didn't go over very well with him. My friends weren't happy about that thought either. So I guess we will stay here in Georgia.

Hey you,
I was wondering how you were! Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad, but at least you closed on your house sale. I wish we'd found a buyer for ours!! Hey, do you want to come over here to Cobb County?? biggrin.gif We've found a wonderful little place in Temple (south of you, I think) and our offer on the house was accepted - but it all hinges on selling our place in Austell.
Where have you discussed moving to?

Hello to everyone else! Send a little snow my way, will ya?? I love the stuff!

Siobhan Blues

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
gwenlee 
Posted: 09-Dec-2005, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey SB-for now we are going to stay at my dads. We might take over his house. We also have 7 acres to build on in Ellijay. We are going to use this time to get out of debt and build up some savings, and weigh in all of our options. And for me pray about it alot.

My hunny woke up this morning not feeling well I think he is coming down with what I have. Oh no. I'm loading him up on Vit. c, and Zinc Cold remedy.

I'm going to the Marietta Educational Garden Center today and scout it out for a possible wedding site for my oldest daughter. I have to order sashes for the girls to wear and order our tartan ribbon. She is getting married this spring. So I'm going to be very busy for the next few months

Tomorrow is the Christmas Social and I hope I feel a lot better. I didn't go to dance class last night because I didn't want to make anyone sick.

Well I better go. I have so much to do this afternoon.
TTFN
gwenlee
Dreamer1 
Posted: 09-Dec-2005, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hi everyone!

Gwenlee - Congrats on selling your home!! I'm glad you have a place to stay, and the time to really decide what you all want to do from here. That's a blessing! I'm so sorry you've been sick. Hope you're feeling much better today, and can go to your Social. Give yourself lots of extra rest and don't try to get caught up too quickly with everything. There's still time!

Eventide - Best of luck on your big move, and a Wonderful Holiday Season to you, too! Hope all goes very smoothly. We'll miss you, so please don't be gone too long!

Rindy - Someone mentioned today that Montana had temps at -45 (before windchill! sad.gif ) , and I immediately thought of you, and hoped to goodness you weren't that cold!! I know you're not in Montana, but you're close enough. So sorry to hear it's that cold. Stay safe, warm, and take care of yourself!

SB - Snow in Georgia is something to mark on the calendar! I'd send you some of ours, if I could. Not the ice, though, that's too rough on everyone. I hope you sell your house soon, too, so you can move out to the country. That would be wonderful!

Perkeo and Wizard - Okay you two, how much snow have you gotten with this storm? We're still getting it even now. It started as light snow this morning, changed to rain around 10:00 or so, then changed back to strong wind and *heavy* wet* snow* just as school was letting out this afternoon. It took us all an hour to get home, had to go a mile out of the way to avoid the steep(er) hills trying not to slide and found a branch had blown down across our driveway when we got home. Poor hubby had to get out and move it for me before I could finish pulling in! We have a thunder-snowstorm going now - very unusual, with lightning mixed in there and all. I like snow, too, but this is a bit much. Someone was saying that people down South can't drive in snow. I've decided it doesn't matter, when it comes to driving, where you live. People still don't remember how to cope with it, even up here in New England! ( You'd think they'd be old hands at it by now! rolleyes.gif ) They just now began plowing the roads, can you believe it?!?

I hope everyone is home, safe, warm, and well. Keep up the Vitamin C, chicken soup, Zinc, and Echinacea. Good luck with all the shopping yet to be done, too-I still have lots to do as well.

Take care all!
Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 09-Dec-2005, 07:43 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Can you believe that we didn't get ANY snow! sad.gif All we got was about an inch of sleet and ice! That's 2 storms this year! When do I get MY turn!
Perkeo 
  Posted: 10-Dec-2005, 01:06 AM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
4,432,057 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

Clan: AWARE

We got about 8 inches of snow then we had really strong winds. My little chevy luv truck is a trooper.

Sorry to hear you didn't get any snow Wizard. There is still time, patience. biggrin.gif

I have found my FAVORITE whiskey. It is called Redbreast and it is a 12 year old Irish blend made by Midleton. YUMMY!!!!!!

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 11-Dec-2005, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all. Those of you in the cold cold weather, I hope you are staying warm and safe.

Man! This has been a week from h*ll with my computer! Despite all the anti-virus and anti-spyware programs I have on here, I still managed to get blasted and in my registery! ACK! So I worked and worked on it and finally had to do a total reformat and reinstall of all my software! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Perkeo, I needed one of your beers! What a pain in the behind this has been, but at least I am up and running now and things seem to be ok. I learned a lot through this all, I'll tell ya! My hubby who is a whole lot smarter than me would not touch it all with a 10 foot pole, so it was up to me or hire a guy to fix it and pay $300-400! Well, we'll see if I did or not. If you don't hear from me, you know I didn't. laugh.gif I still get this stupid javascript error whenever I come into this site and I just cannot figure out why.

I still have so much to do towards Christmas! EEP! Got my Christmas cards done but yet to mail them out or any packages...EEP AGAIN!

congrats to Gwenlee for selling your house! I bet that is a huge relief! Wow! Elijay? I so love it there. I have many Whitaker relatives who live there to this day, so if you run into any...they are related to me! laugh.gif

Hey SB! Hope you are doing well! Glad you made an offer on the house you would like and I pray that your house will sell SOON!

Hello to everyone else! Many hugs!
Rindy 
Posted: 11-Dec-2005, 12:34 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone..

Well we have finally had a heat wave its 14 degrees and sunny..

Hi SB and gwenlee-gwenlee glad to hear you are feeling better.

Dreamer we got down to -34 not very far from here.. I am not sure how cold we really got but it was dangerous cold. Hope that stays away for a long time.
Glad to hear all is well with you.

Wizard you got to have some snow soon..have you had any hot chocolate yet? I think I drank a gallon when it was so cold..

Perkeo-glad you got your snow. I haven't heard of Redbreast. I have heard of Ardbeg..drink some for me too ok...lol

Celtic Rose- so sorry to hear about your computer problems-hate it when that happens..

Well I need to get some packages ready for shipping got my cards mailed out- I made one batch of fudge..No more if its here I eat it...lol

Take care its good to see all of you

Happy Holidays
Slainte newyear.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 11-Dec-2005, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello all!!!

It's definitely time to break out the Swiss Miss hot chocolate mix and marshmallows biggrin.gif ! Coffee works too though biggrin.gif .

I was wondering what you are giving others for the holidays. I know what I'm giving my friend Nathan and my brother-in-law Joel some iTunes Music Store gift cards. My mom is getting an insulated travel coffee mug. My dad is getting a CD, First Time: The Count Meets The Duke! because he likes both Count Basie and Duke Ellington. My sister is probably getting a gift card from JC Penney or Target, and of course toys that make noise and require lots of batteries for the kids sly.gif naughty.gif ! (don't I sound like a little brother getting revenge on his big sister? tongue.gif )

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
stoirmeil 
Posted: 12-Dec-2005, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

It's looking like being a cold one for New York -- not bitter cold (Rindy would laugh -- we call bitter cold around 20 in the daytime and into single digits at night) but windy and damp, and around freezing or sightly below.

Learning to play my new chee-pee birthday tin whistle. biggrin.gif I love it.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]