deadeye08 
Posted: 11-Jan-2009, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

male

OK all,

I had a realization after actualy looking at myself in the mirror that... I am not in good shape. I am at a point where I need to make changes for the healthy side and so I can feel better about myself and enjoy life more.

I ordered an excersize P90X DVD series and it comes with a nutrition plan that I may need to adjust; it should be here this coming friday or a little later.

I am going to hit this and hit it hard becuase that is the way I need to things... if I ease in I wont do it.

I wanted to find out if anyone out here wouldn't mind being my kick in the rear or at least check on me if I'm doing it. Accountability is a key to this and I figure the more people I answer to the better.

So if you are willing to I would appreciate it... I am going to do weigh in on Wednesday and take my before shots then too.

Thanks in advance!

--------------------
Rodgar
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 11-Jan-2009, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (deadeye08 @ 11-Jan-2009, 07:26 PM)
OK all,

I had a realization after actualy looking at myself in the mirror that... I am not in good shape. I am at a point where I need to make changes for the healthy side and so I can feel better about myself and enjoy life more.

I ordered an excersize P90X DVD series and it comes with a nutrition plan that I may need to adjust; it should be here this coming friday or a little later.

I am going to hit this and hit it hard becuase that is the way I need to things... if I ease in I wont do it.

I wanted to find out if anyone out here wouldn't mind being my kick in the rear or at least check on me if I'm doing it. Accountability is a key to this and I figure the more people I answer to the better.

So if you are willing to I would appreciate it... I am going to do weigh in on Wednesday and take my before shots then too.

Thanks in advance!

Mirrors...they are the "devil" invention...I rarely look in the mirror (maybe I should..lol) for it is a distorted image of yourself that you see. I use it to comb my hair and such otherwise...what you see is what you get...that's my motto.

But as far as your program goes I too started a similar one...but mine is not something like a "severe diet" for I really have to go slowly and though I used to know how to eat properly...these past years because of long work hours and sickness I've let go a bit of my good eating habits...so I am learning to eat better again and what what should be eaten with what...

And if you need support of any kind well I could be your support if you want and try my best to encourage you.

At least you start on a positive note and you have acknowledge the fact that you need to do something for yourself being....that's a good start in the right direction. thumbs_up.gif

LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 16-Jan-2009, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi deadeye08. I will be happy to help you as well. It sounds like you have started the first step. I agree with LOA mirrors are evil! How is it going for you? I haven't had the time to exercise but plan on getting back into the swing of things this weekend. I have a exercise thread here feel free to post there as well. That's how I keep track of myself and I also have a calendar on my desk that I mark with a red X so that it sits in front of me...nagging..lol I always tell myself it's not a negative thing, it's time for me and I'm worth it. It just makes you feel so much better!!

If I might add don't over do as it can cause a burn out effect. Getting into shape takes a time and a entire life style change to stay that way. You didn't get "out of shape" overnight. Don't make any excuses and if you get off track get back on as soon as you can. This P90X DVD looks like a great work out.

Ok....will check and see how your doing this weekend. thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 18-Jan-2009, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Worked out today did you? Just checking... smile.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
delainesunshine1978 
Posted: 20-Jan-2009, 10:18 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacReed

Realm: Lake Stevens Wa

female

I would love to help, not sure how I can but let me know and I will do what I can...

Here are a few tips that helped me...Do not let anything or anybody get you off a routein...

Dont weight yourself every day, try weekly!

Stay away from people who eat aweful because that is so mean sad.gif

And understand that even if I do not know you I am proud of you for doing this smile.gif It will be worth itif you have patience smile.gif

--------------------
Follow this link to Dragon site and click the eggs before they can die please :)

http://dragcave.net/account

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 21-Jan-2009, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

I sure wanted to add my support deadeye08. When you feel that you have someone that is interested in how you are doing it really helps. I had my eye (no pun intended) on that very same program. But to save money I decided to move my CrossBow weight machine out of the extra bedroom and into my bedroom to make me face it everyday. We are blessed with great areas to walk but my husband does not want me to walk alone so I have to schedule more for that activity.

So today is Wednesday. Have you started yet?

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
deadeye08 
Posted: 12-Feb-2009, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHazel

male

Hey all.... thanks for the checking up on me! I have been actually working out on the P90X series everyday... I have to say it does really kick my butt... in a good way.

I am in my third week now and I have noticed a difference. I am looking trimmer and less bloated. I have not had soda since I started as well and have been fairly better about eating and less junk. I sneak in an occasional gummy worm or what not in just to reward myself. I am going to start running too to help the cardio side of things.

I do appreciate the checking in and sorry I haven't been active here as much as I'd like. I have been working a lot and trying to muster up more work for my business... so fun time is dwindling.

I hope everyone else is doing well and we can all work together.

Rodgar
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 12-Feb-2009, 09:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Well thank you for letting us know on your progress Rodgar...

Changing bad eating habits is sometimes the most difficult thing to do for some...but when one puts real efforts in it in the end it's all worth while for your selfesteem.

Keep it up!!!

LOA thumbs_up.gif
PM My Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 14-Feb-2009, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Way to go deadeye08! Keep up the great job! thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
deadeye08 
Posted: 12-Mar-2009, 08:57 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHazel

male

OK... talk about dropping the ball... I am getting on it tonight... if five minutes acutally. I have been so exhausted lately. Probably Stress. I have been ok at eating... had a bummy worm here or there and one reeses egg but I have still lost wieght becuase I have cut portions.

I am tired of being out of shape and I am tired becuase I am out of shape... funny huh? =)

Well again I thank you all for checking in and the random PMs I get. Hopefully all you are doing well and that you are keeping up with your goals.

Rodgar
PMEmail Poster               
deadeye08 
Posted: 12-Mar-2009, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHazel

male

PS... It has been 2 months since my first post and I wieghed myself today...

I started in the begining @ 271.2

My weight today... 256.8

Thats almost 15 lbs in 2 months!

Its exciting.

Thanks all!
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Mar-2009, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Congratulations deadeye08. That is so fantastic that you've lost. Keep up the good work. I look forward to hearing how your doing. thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
McRoach 
Posted: 04-Apr-2009, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
1,225,151 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Nice Job on the weight loss Deadeye, what are you down to now? I saw the ads for that P90X and it looked a bit gimmicky to me but that's great it is working for you! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
ranger 
Posted: 04-Apr-2009, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Congrats, deadeye. It is tough sometimes in this hectic world we all lead to find the time for ourselves. But it's the times and days when you get down or are not feeling well and you still do your workout that will benefit you the most. It's easy to do it when you have plenty of time, no kids or other stressors about, and are feeling like you just had a 10 hour sleep. Unfortunately most of us don't get that. So congratulate yourself. A suggestion, if you don't do it already...get yourself a full length mirror and use it every few weeks. But just as you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday due to water retention and several other factors, I wouldn't use the mirror everyday either. How often do you hit the scales? Weekly? Bi-weekly? Maybe rotate that mirror with the scale. Their's nothing vain about it, it's just good to be able to see your progress. Once you can, it's easier and easier to motivate yourself to keep going and driving on with your routine.

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
deadeye08 
Posted: 15-Jul-2009, 03:27 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHazel

male

OK, 1 back injury and two overeating vacations later… I started back up late June… I am tired of screwing up my schedule… its like a 2 steps forward 3 steps back kinda thing… I need to keep it going and not falter. I became a coach for Beachbody also… www.coachr2.com so if you are interested in the program check out my site. But I thank you all for keeping up on here (more so then I do). I really do appreciate it. =)
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]