erickbloodax 
Posted on 01-Jul-2004, 08:23 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Arizona

male

I was searching for Celtic music on Google. When I lived in Flagstaff AZ I would listen to "Thistle and Shamrock" on KNAU. I can listen to "Celtic connections" now but it is not enough for my jones. I want to listen to more than just an hour a week! walkman.gif

--------------------
If you don't come back muddy and bloody, you didn't have a good time.
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted on 02-Jul-2004, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

QUOTE (erickbloodax @ 01-Jul-2004, 09:23 PM)
I can listen to "Celtic connections" now but it is not enough for my jones. I want to listen to more than just an hour a week! walkman.gif

smile.gif You're trying to keep up with the Jones' too? I probably listen to more Celtic music than the Jones' across the street, although Mrs. Jones at least, has already been to Ireland. Got to catch up! Of course, I plan on spending more time there than she did. Yes, got to keep up with the Jones' !

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
celtica 
Posted on 02-Jul-2004, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Lady of the mists
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Brest - Brittany

female

After my trip in Scotland last summer, I wanted to keep dreaming about it so I searched a french site about Scotland on the net. I found one (www.magicscotland.net) and there was a link for Highlander Radio. The members of the forum of magicscotland (doesn't exist anymore) recommanded me the radio, I tried, loved the music, the forum, and here I am ! smile.gif

--------------------
Que restera-t-il de notre sang mêlé au sel, sans trace dans les mémoires ? Une ultime navigation, trompeuse. Et des souvenirs, illuminés d'embruns. Mais condamnés au silence de la mer... Loïc Finaz.
user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
Dugadelphia 
Posted on 02-Jul-2004, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: The Pacific Northwest...land of tall trees, blue water, software and endless lattes

male

I found CelticRadio by searching broadly for a station playing Celtic music to get me through some long times at work. I have been a member for 6 months or so but have been a listener for longer.

Thanks for the great station!

--------------------
Welcome to the Machine...
PMEmail Poster               
lemonflower 
  Posted on 04-Jul-2004, 01:18 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Missouri (USA)

female

I've listened to other Celtic stations before but this one's the BEST.

I found it through Live 365, at first I was listening to Joke A day, but then I searched for Celtic in the genres. I tried them all, and I'm here to stay.

I have many favorites, but I was really pleased to find so many new ones on your station. Some of the ones that were new to me were Runrig, Heather Dale, and Great Big Sea.
walkman.gif

--------------------
lemonflower

Never drink to excess; you might shoot at a tax collector and miss. - Robert A. Heinlein
PMEmail Poster               
silverdragon 
Posted on 05-Jul-2004, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Tarzana, CA

female

I found Highlander Radio through itunes; it was one of the listed folk radio stations at one time. No longer, alas!

--------------------
Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?
Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow
Who shall gather the smoke of the dead wood burning
Or behold the flowing years from the Sea returning?

~ J.R.R. Tolkien

My blog: Almost, but not quite, entirely unrelated to filmmaking
PMEmail Poster                
freekenny 
Posted on 09-Jul-2004, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo (hello/welcome in Cherokee),
I came across CelticRadio while doing a search for someone very dear to me asking me to find and listen to Loreena McKennit's song Bonny Portmore. I meant to 'hit'/'click' on the link above this one but instead, I ended up here and have been here as often as possible. Been a member since July 7, '04. Hearing my O'ginalli (friend) sing Danny Boy on the phone for me peaked my 'curiosity' for this 'flavor' of music. I cannot believe and am mesmerized by the beauty of not only this culture but, the haunting songs I have heard on this station thus far. One song I cannot get out of my soul is by Twinflame, Safe & Warm, I believe is the title. WOW! Truly spectacular indeed and I say to the one's responsible for providing this quality, mesmerizing and interesting website, station and music, NI YA WE (thank you). Each time I visit here I find something new and exciting. How refreshing to find such culture on the web without the 'garbage' biggrin.gif Has this station 'changed' my taste in music? I wouldn't say 'change' instead it has added to my diversity and knowledge of different cultures and all they entail! I enjoy reading the various postings that are informative, creative and interesting so again Ni Ya We and keep up the spectacular work!
Sty-U (stay strong)

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
Gordon 
Posted on 10-Jul-2004, 08:39 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Texas

male

I found it through msn search. I'm constantly doing searches for Celtic/Scottish items on the net and one day I just happened to be looking for music. Low and behold, I found Celticradio and have been a member since. That was back in 2002 and I've been pleased ever since. I recommend the station to friends all the time. My tastes in music have always varied, but with traditional stations (radio), I tend to wander the dial until I find a song that catches me then I'm off flippin again. With Celticradio.net, I never stray. This is the ONLY song in my line-up. biggrin.gif thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Lay you down in green meadows amongst the heather for it is there the music calls to your soul and beckons you home.
PMEmail Poster               
faolin 
Posted on 12-Jul-2004, 06:17 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

female

I was dissatisfied with my netscape internet radio so I started to search Google for some nice celtic music to study to, and low and behold I came across Celticradio.net in April 2004 and signed up right away. I have been a loyal listener ever since (especially after I won the CD draw)!

--------------------
Bitheadh e mar sin
PMEmail Poster               
mingkee 
Posted on 12-Jul-2004, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

An Asian Celt from Hong Kong
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Brooklyn, NY

male

QUOTE (erickbloodax @ 01-Jul-2004, 09:23 PM)
I was searching for Celtic music on Google. When I lived in Flagstaff AZ I would listen to "Thistle and Shamrock" on KNAU. I can listen to "Celtic connections" now but it is not enough for my jones. I want to listen to more than just an hour a week! walkman.gif

the ppls in NYC are the luckiest (becoz a lot of Irish lives here)
over 11 hours of Celtic every week!!!
http://www.wfuv.org
Saturday 0900-1200: Thousands of Welcome
Saturday 1200-1300/Sunday 1600-1700: Thistle and Shamrock
Sunday 1200-1600: Ceol na nGael

cool!!!

but unfortunately, I am unable to listen in Brooklyn with regular radio, I listen only over internet and T-Mobile GPRS (with pocket pc)

--------------------
a Chinese Celt from Hong Kong
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.
ImmortalAvalon 
Posted on 13-Jul-2004, 08:31 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacAlder

Realm: North Carolina

female

I found while running an AOL search on King Arthur. I friend told about this book he was reading that placed most of the Arthur story in France, and I don't mean just Brittany. Well, one of the search links took me to the Brittany forum, and, of course, I had to explore and put my two cents worth in. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Aragorn 
Posted on 14-Jul-2004, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Middle Earth

male

I found CelticRadio while doing a search for celtic music on Google. It was the best thing that could have happened to me. Everyone here is wonderful and the music keeps me coming back. keep it up everyone!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
--Robert Louis Stevenson
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted on 14-Jul-2004, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

I was searching Google for Celtic Music for Local Radio Stations when I found this one and I have been here ever since even though the Music that I could listen too, I can't do anything else on my computer because it freezes my PC up when I do. But I do look up the Artists in the Request under Radio Tools (I think that is what it's in) and download in WinMX and play it on my Winamp. Still I have problems if I try to use either Microsoft Word or try to use the Printer.

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted on 16-Jul-2004, 12:50 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

I stumbled onto Hightlander Radio while doing a search on my Irish family name and geneology. I fell in love with the warm welcome I recieved as well as the music!

Róisín

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
Avonlea22 
Posted on 28-Jul-2004, 04:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

I found this site from a link on the Wicked Tinkers web site!

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]