Posted: 25-Jun-2004, 09:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

QUOTE (peckery @ 25-Jun-2004, 10:13 AM)

If 60% of people can't take 5 minutes to vote, ...

Reverend Peckery just got my blood pressure up.

This forum is absolutely wonderful. The lively and spirited debate among intelligent people is key to understand what is actually going on in the world. Whether you agree or disagree with Person A or Issue B is irrevelant. That you are made aware of the issues and have seen other opinions is what's important.

Sean Hannity (yes, one of those evil Conservatives) occasionally takes his radio show out into the streets of New York City. He asks random people simple questions, like "Who is the President?", "Who is the Vice President", "Name 3 things Kerry wants to do", "Name 3 things Bush wants to do". The people cannot answer any of the questions. Yet they can name all of the finalists on "American Idol", or the names of Jennifer Lopez's former husbands. These people have no business voting in the first place.

user posted image

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 25-Jun-2004, 03:49 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

QUOTE (Shamalama @ 25-Jun-2004, 11:45 AM)
Sean Hannity (yes, one of those evil Conservatives) occasionally takes his radio show out into the streets of New York City.  He asks random people simple questions, like "Who is the President?", "Who is the Vice President", "Name 3 things Kerry wants to do", "Name 3 things Bush wants to do".  The people cannot answer any of the questions.  Yet they can name all of the finalists on "American Idol", or the names of Jennifer Lopez's former husbands.  These people have no business voting in the first place.

Amen Brother Shamalama, Amen! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
maisky 
Posted: 25-Jun-2004, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

So only the "master Race" should get to vote? This sounds strangley familiar.... unsure.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 25-Jun-2004, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (maisky @ 25-Jun-2004, 07:10 PM)
So only the "master Race" should get to vote?  This sounds strangley familiar.... unsure.gif

Brother Maisky,

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't believe anyone implied (nor intended to imply) that people who are so totally uniformed as to what is going in the world should be prevented from voting. sad.gif Just that we'd all be better off if they didn't (unless you prefer elections being decided by the random votes of the uninformed, why don't we just flip a coin?).argue.gif
peckery 
Posted: 25-Jun-2004, 11:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Shamalama @ 25-Jun-2004, 10:45 AM)

Sean Hannity (yes, one of those evil Conservatives) occasionally takes his radio show out into the streets of New York City. He asks random people simple questions, like "Who is the President?", "Who is the Vice President", "Name 3 things Kerry wants to do", "Name 3 things Bush wants to do". The people cannot answer any of the questions. Yet they can name all of the finalists on "American Idol", or the names of Jennifer Lopez's former husbands. These people have no business voting in the first place.

user posted image

In a perfect world, stupid people wouldn't breed either.

Had some fellow Americans trimming my trees this week at the estate. One guy was 28, has both eyebrows pierced twice, more tatoos than a San Quinten inmate, has EIGHT kids, yet as a fellow American he gets the same one vote as anyone else. Yes it would be nice if the forefathers had the foresight to make understanding of the issues a requirement for voting. But how could they of predicted the throbbing mass of ignorant stupidity the voters have become. Maybe Jennifer Lopez WILL be elected president someday. I weep for the future king.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 26-Jun-2004, 01:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Shamalama @ 25-Jun-2004, 10:45 AM)

I watch "Hannity & Colmes" every so often on Fox "News", and for the record, I think Sean Hannity is a bright, well-spoken person. Some of the frequent neocon contributers they have, like Peggy Noonan or Ann Coulter are so far right they make him look like Michael Moore.

Who is the President? George W. Bush.
Who is the VP? Dick Cheney.
Three things Kerry wants to do: protect the environment, serve the people, and restore the world's good faith in America.

Three things Bush wants to do: Loot (foreign countries), plunder (our retirement accounts), and pillage (the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge).

"American Idol": Don't know and don't care. They're all what people in the enterainment business would call "talentless hacks" biggrin.gif .

J-Ho: Don't really care about her either yucky.gif .

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maisky 
Posted: 26-Jun-2004, 04:34 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (MacEoghainn @ 25-Jun-2004, 07:04 PM)
Brother Maisky,

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't believe anyone implied (nor intended to imply) that people who are so totally uniformed as to what is going in the world should be prevented from voting. sad.gif Just that we'd all be better off if they didn't ).argue.gif

I know you didn't intend that, my friend. It just sounded like it was approaching that school of thought we won't mention by name. biggrin.gif

Random votes of the uninformed? Isn't that EXACTLY what happens in congress and the senate? rolleyes.gif

The Reverand Peckery? Good description! For a sock puppet, this thoughts run deep.

MDF, as usual, cuts right to the core of the matter. Good work, sir!
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 26-Jun-2004, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Whether we agree with Michael Moore or not, I think we can all agree that he's this year's Al Franken Award winner, given to the person who benefits most from free publicity biggrin.gif . As you all remember, Al Franken got a lot of free publicity for his excellent book Lies And The Lying Liars Who Tell Them.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
peckery 
Posted: 27-Jun-2004, 09:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Saw Fahrenheit 9/11 last night, and all I can say is wow.
Everyone who comes out against the movie says it is not fair, taken out of context etc. but they are unable to dispute what is there. It's on video tape.
Can anyone out there explain to this Peckery why I shouldn't believe what I saw? The connection to OBL's family, Unical-Afghanistan-natural gas pipeline connection, Haliburton not having to compete for bids...... king.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 27-Jun-2004, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (peckery @ 27-Jun-2004, 11:58 AM)
Saw Fahrenheit 9/11 last night, and all I can say is wow.
Everyone who comes out against the movie says it is not fair, taken out of context etc. but they are unable to dispute what is there.  It's on video tape.
Can anyone out there explain to this Peckery why I shouldn't believe what I saw?  The connection to OBL's family, Unical-Afghanistan-natural gas pipeline connection,  Haliburton not having to compete for bids...... king.gif

I?m hoping someone like Shamalama will jump in here (since he always has a better command of the facts than I do) but I?ll take my shot anyway. Here goes nothin?.

?Statistics don?t lie, but Statisticians do?

If you change the word statistics to documents and the word statisticians to documentary film maker you will not change the logic, nor the truth of the preceding statement. In the case of Michael Moore you?re already stretching the words ?documentary film maker? in the first place. Mr. Moore is a radical with a radical agenda to promote and I know he is not above bending the facts (or for that matter making them up out of whole cloth) to match his radical world view.

Since I have not seen, nor do I intend to see it (I?m as likely to watch it as I am to watch some John Birch Society propaganda film) I can not speak to the specific cases Peckery may be talking about, but I can make some general statements about a couple things he mentioned.

1) Osama Bin Laden?s family: OBL speaks for his whole family the same way Charlie Manson speaks for his, NOT! If this was in reference to the 9-11 flights of the Bin Ladens out of the US then we need to remember the person who authorized that, on his own authority, was the hero of the Democrat Party, Richard Clarke.

2) Haliburton: Haliburton gets contracts the same way from this Administration as they did from the Clintonista Administration. They are about the biggest company in the world that does what they do (and it isn?t drilling for and/or selling oil). Big companies that do business with the government continue to do business with the government no matter who runs the company or which party is in power (If you check the board of directors and major stock holders of Haliburton I?m sure you?ll find just as many rich Democrats as you find rich Republicans).

If you give me enough time I'll take everything Peckery posted here on Celtic Radio and make him look like the greatest non-fiction writer who ever lived (or like a crazy sockmonkey oops.gif , he's already done that one himself smile.gif )
peckery 
Posted: 27-Jun-2004, 01:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Moore is admittedly a film maker, entertainer, but that still does not make anything less true. The democrats suck too. Moore is accused of being unamerican for pointing out the flaws in the systems (government, social) but I feel he IS being a good American by bring them to the surface for debate.
As soon as anyone wants to offer proof of what he says is not true that is as well documented as what he says IS true, I will listen. king.gif king.gif
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 27-Jun-2004, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

The first weekend results are in:

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" took in a whopping $21.8 million in its first three days, becoming the first documentary ever to debut as Hollywood's top weekend film.

If Sunday's estimates hold when final numbers are released Monday, "Fahrenheit 9/11" would set a record in a single weekend as the top-grossing documentary ever outside of concert films and movies made for huge-screen IMAX theaters.

Adding the film's haul at two New York City theaters where it opened Wednesday, two days earlier than the rest of the country, boosted "Fahrenheit 9/11" to $21.96 million.

"Bowling for Columbine," Moore's 2002 Academy Award-winning documentary, previously held the documentary record with $21.6 million.

"Fahrenheit 9/11," Moore's assault on President Bush's actions after the 2001 terrorist attacks, won the top honor at last month's Cannes Film Festival and has attracted attention from both sides in the presidential campaign.

The movie has been embraced by left-wing groups, which mobilized members to see it during the opening weekend. Conservative groups sought to discourage theaters from showing it and asked the Federal Election Commission to examine its ads for potential violations of campaign-finance law regulating when commercials may feature a presidential candidate.

"I want to thank all the right-wing organizations out there who tried to stop the film, either from their harassment campaign that didn't work on the theater owners, or going to the FEC to get our ads removed from television, to all the things that have been said on television," Moore said. "It's only encouraged more people to go and see it."

The Wayans brothers' comedy "White Chicks," about two black FBI agents who go undercover as white debutantes, opened in second place with $19.6 million for the weekend. That pushed the total for "White Chicks" to $27.1 million since opening Wednesday.

The previous weekend's No. 1 movie, "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story," slipped to third place, taking in $18.5 million and pushing its 10-day total to $67.2 million. Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks' "The Terminal" fell from second to fourth place with $13.9 million, raising its 10-day gross to $41.8 million.

Premiering in fifth place with $13 million was the tearjerker romance "The Notebook," featuring Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams, James Garner and Gena Rowlands.

Despite good reviews, the family film "Two Brothers," about tiger siblings separated in youth and reunited as opponents in the ring as grown cats, opened weakly at No. 9 with $6.2 million.

"Fahrenheit 9/11" opened in 868 theaters, a wide release for a documentary but narrow compared to big Hollywood flicks. The film averaged $25,115 a theater, compared to $7,190 in 2,726 cinemas for "White Chicks."

Distributors Lions Gate and IFC Films plan to put "Fahrenheit 9/11" into a couple of hundred more theaters this Wednesday, when competition heats up with the release of "Spider-Man 2," summer's most-anticipated movie.

Lions Gate and IFC came on board after Disney refused to let subsidiary Miramax release "Fahrenheit 9/11" because of its political content. Miramax bosses Harvey and Bob Weinstein bought back the film and went looking for independent distributors.

PMEmail Poster               
peckery 
Posted: 27-Jun-2004, 10:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

I feel a TERROR alert upgrade coming on king.gif
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 28-Jun-2004, 03:36 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (peckery @ 27-Jun-2004, 11:53 PM)
I feel a TERROR alert upgrade coming on king.gif

The Bush administration SHOULD be feeling terror... biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
peckery 
Posted: 28-Jun-2004, 08:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (maisky @ 28-Jun-2004, 04:36 AM)
The Bush administration SHOULD be feeling terror... biggrin.gif

True that king.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Š Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]