Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,701 Gold!

Great news, we are beginning to work on Medieval Kingdom's Real Life Simulator (RLS).

The purpose of the RLS is to create events. There will be 4 types of events:

1. One time events with no recourse. These events will just happen and there will be little that you can do about it.

2. One time events with warning and interaction. You will receive a warning message before the event happens and if you understand what the problem is, you may just be able to avoid the event.

3. Season Events that effect the game Globally for an extended period of time.

4. Reoccuring events that can be expected to happen almost on a regular basis.

The RLS will run once a day, but that does not mean an event will occur each and every day. Some events will occur to everyone in Medieval Kingdom, other events might be limited to a few people. Events can be good and bad. As we build and test each event, we will post the details here.

Our first event is going to be the dreaded Tax Collector. Taxes will be due every Monday and will go directly into King Arthur's treasury. You will receive an itemized statement from the tax collector each Monday with the tax rate and any special taxes that are due for special projects of King Arthur. We expect the tax collecting to occur for the first time on Monday October 19th.

Feel free to suggest any events that you might think will add to the game. We are going to be researching events that really happened in Medieval Times - such as the black plague. For that you might get a warning of rats being in your country!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-Oct-2009, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,701 Gold!

Great news. Tests of the Simulator are working as planned. The tax collector is ALIVE!!!

Think we are going to build a few different outcomes of the Monday tax collecting routine. Perhaps a certain percentage of members will be forgiven taxes if their post rating is 90% or more and then maybe a rare routine of the Tax Collector getting killed and so taxes will not be collector for that week! smile.gif

Any other suggestions, feel free to jump in. I know everyone loves taxes! tongue.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
SonofHenderson 
Posted: 15-Oct-2009, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Bucks, England

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #63
40,395 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Why has the reset left some people with millions in gold whilst most of us have nothing; there are no research or construction facilities for us to restart after this needless attack on our resources. It seems pointless to me after months of building resources and troops that we've now got nothing. I'm thinking about going elsewhere for a better game.
PMEmail Poster               
RedWeasel 
Posted: 15-Oct-2009, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacRowan

male

I'm thinking about going elsewhere for a better game.

Two days ahead of you, even though I was one of those left with a bit of something. It,s just not worth the time and energy when there are a couple dozen other games out there that AREN'T being fixed. If this is fixed it's no wonder I won't get my dog FIXED!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 15-Oct-2009, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,701 Gold!

I know its hard to locate now, but we posted information about this game that we planned on working it at some point down the road. This included game resets, changes and enhancements.

The game itself has never been of the quality and depth that we invisioned. In fact, our homepage for the game has features and sections that don't work or are broken.

I know its a hard pill to swallow, but the game reset was necessary in order for us to work on this game. Medieval Kingdom is currently under construction so its up to you if you want to join or not. It really is an extension of our forums.

We also are accepting direct input from members about changes and additions to make to the game. Game resets are common with these types of games, but we are planning on building events into the game that might prevent the need for resets. We will see.

So, until we get everything built and working the way we invision it, then I would have to agree with you to look for another online game to play.
stevenpd 
Posted: 15-Oct-2009, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

Previous posts about the game:

Celtic Radio Community → General → Medieval Kingdom → System Updates & News
Topic: Development Timetable
Posted: 17-Nov-2008, 05:49 PM

Please note that Medieval Kingdom is in the development stages and considered beta.

In addition, we have very limited time right now until the middle of December. We expect to have a good run of development from Mid-December to Mid-January.

If you send any email or messages we may not respond simply because we do not have the time nor resources right now to fully support this game. Request for additional resources, mistakes, bugs will be noted, but we may not respond.

Eventually we will be prepared to offer better support, but right now we have other responsibilities on Celtic Radio to take care of first until we bring Medieval Kingdom up to a level that it can be released as a true functioning and complete part of our site.

Thanks again for your understanding..........I certainly do appreciate everyones interest and help in making this community forum game better. I can promise you that alot of development will happen through the winter - especially if we get snowed in for a few days or more!

Celtic Radio Community → General → Medieval Kingdom
Pinned Topic: Disclaimer
Posted: 01-Sep-2008, 04:47 AM

Please note that part of playing Medieval Kingdom involves role playing and taking on your own persona, whether good or evil.

There are a few items you need to consider before playing:

1. Medieval Kingdom is unmoderated. No one will come to your rescue except you or your clan.

2. Since it is a role playing game expect people to play their character. Insults, as long as not personal to yourself, may happen as part of the game.

3. Most of all, have fun and don't take anything to personal. If a member is playing his character, play along.

4. The Medieval Kingdom forum is an extension of the game. Taunts, Role Playing and the like will occur in the forum. Remember this is all for fun, don't take it seriously.

5. We provide no guaranteed support for this game. You are on your own to figure out this game, get questions answered by other members or read the help file.

6. In game news and emails can be discussed freely in the Medieval Kingdom forums.

Again, Medieval Kingdom is a world of its own and the best form of government is the community of medieval itself. We are not going to be moderating this forum nor the game like we do the rest of our forums. Just remember to keep your arguments and disagreements confined to this forum!

If you have an issue with someone, or if someone insults you - go attack there Kingdom. Thats probably what they want anyway!

So, you have been warned. Enter at your own risk. Have fun and build your Medieval Kingdom to protect yourself, your family and your villagers!

Hope this helps.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
SonofHenderson 
  Posted: 17-Oct-2009, 11:10 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacOak

Realm: Bucks, England

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #63
40,395 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

'You' have suddenly decided without forenotice to reset a game that others were enjoying-'you' are idiots- now I'll go elsewhere for a proper game that doesn't waste 6 months of my time for nothing. Not only that but Celtic radio itself is the loser as I'll listen to celtic music elsewhere on the net and will no longer promote your station.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 17-Oct-2009, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,701 Gold!

QUOTE (SonofHenderson @ 17-Oct-2009, 01:10 PM)
'You' have suddenly decided without forenotice to reset a game that others were enjoying-'you' are idiots- now I'll go elsewhere for a proper game that doesn't waste 6 months of my time for nothing. Not only that but Celtic radio itself is the loser as I'll listen to celtic music elsewhere on the net and will no longer promote your station.

No, we did not decide without forenotice to the community. This game has been in Beta development since we released it last year.

Again, I don't know how else to explain this. There was a major issue with the amount of gold and the score exceeding the bit value of the programming language we use to develop the game. We had a couple of web server crashes which point to a stack overflow error caused by this game.

If we had left the game to self-destruct it could have caused damage and data loss throughout the site.

I don't know what this game has to do with Celtic Music. Although I am sorry you feel that way. Again, the events leading up to this reset where unavoidable. In addition, it is very common for these type of web games to be reset. If you kept gaining gold, resources and score how else could new members compete with you?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]