Patch 
Posted: 29-May-2008, 06:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I usually let my hair and beard grow the last 4 months before the local Highland Games. Especially if I am going to "dress" for them. I am just gettling light trims now so it is longer than usual . To look truly authentic I would have to let both grow for a couple of years.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 30-May-2008, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I just found out my favorite shampoo and hair glaze(not gelee) have been discontinued. sad.gif I have used Biolage Energizing shampoo and the Glaze for styling it for years. I loved the glaze as it didn't make your hair stiff. Now I can't get it. Well I looked on ebay-and folks are making a killing. I refuse to bid on a hair glaze. lol I will try everything under the sun til I find one.

If anyone has any ideas about a similar product to the glaze I am all ears. I don't like hair sprays or anything that makes it so stiff its like glue.lol..tried wax that's ok but I like to make it stand up a bit. I hope someone has some answers..

Slainte

PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 31-May-2008, 03:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Wish I could help you there, but I just buy Head & Shoulders 2-in-1 dandruff shampoo & conditioner.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 06-Jun-2008, 07:42 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks Mike. I have used that shampoo it's pretty good! I use to buy it with the pump. Haven't been able to find that big one anymore.

I broke down and bought two bottles of the glaze off ebay. I figure the one I had lasted me about 8- 10 years so this should as well and that gives me time to try something new and I don't have to be in a panic. If anyone knows of something similar to the glaze please let me know. I'd appreciate it.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 09-Oct-2008, 08:51 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I had to change hairdresser due to the other one moved. I was really worried about this. I must say it's the best thing that happened. The lady I picked, well shall we just say my hair hasn't looked this good for years. So all in all it was worth the "have to change" I always feel obligated once I start going to a certain person. Could be due to the small town I live in as well. Does anyone else feel obligated to go to a certain person or not?

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 12-Oct-2008, 12:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Rindy @ 09-Oct-2008, 09:51 AM)
Does anyone else feel obligated to go to a certain person or not?

Not for a cut, but when I was having the color done professionally for a few years (expensive!!) I went to the same guy. He worked on it very carefully, and it really did look wonderful and "custom-colored"; but I was so afraid to ruin it! I really had the feeling that with all the work he put into it, it wasn't my hair, it was OUR hair. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 16-Oct-2008, 03:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Rindy I know how you feel about your hairdresser because mine moved away too and I really worried about letting someone else work on my hair. But I must say the hair profession has come a long way. There are alot of professionals that take their job seriously. My daughter suggested her friend that she went to school with that went on to become a hairdresser. She is excellent. Yes, I feel obligated to her now also.

We have quite a selection in the town that I live but I feel the more a person works with your hair the better they are able to help it.

I like the Biolage line and it seems they discontinue items quite frequently. Have you ever tried the Ojon line of products? They have a website or you can check out QVC. I like QVC because you can read the ratings by others.

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 17-Oct-2008, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi flora,
I haven't tried the Ojon line on QVC. I did get two bottle of the glaze on ebay. I may give Ojon a try though as the Biolage will run out sooner or later. I am glad to hear I'm not the only one that feels obligated. That is so true what you said about the more they work with your hair the better they can help you get the style you want. I can ususally tell after the first cut if they can cut hair.lol.. Thank goodness it grows back!

Thanks for the information on the Ojon.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 28-Oct-2008, 03:59 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

It's dry scalp time here. Anyone have a favorite dandruff shampoo that works good for you? Any tips or secrets to share on keeping the white flakes away?

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 28-Oct-2008, 04:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Rindy @ 28-Oct-2008, 04:59 PM)
It's dry scalp time here.  Anyone have a favorite dandruff shampoo that works good for you?  Any tips or secrets to share on keeping the white flakes away?

Slainte

Rindi;
I’ve found that if you spend all of your time, scrubbing any shampoo, deeply into the scalp, dandruff isn’t a problem.

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 28-Oct-2008, 04:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Owww!

Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Oil Shampoo.

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 29-Oct-2008, 01:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Rindy @ 09-Oct-2008, 08:51 AM)
I had to change hairdresser due to the other one moved. I was really worried about this. I must say it's the best thing that happened. The lady I picked, well shall we just say my hair hasn't looked this good for years. So all in all it was worth the "have to change" I always feel obligated once I start going to a certain person. Could be due to the small town I live in as well. Does anyone else feel obligated to go to a certain person or not?

Slainte

I know what you're saying.

My mom used to have a coworker that used to live near us. He moved about 20 miles away but still went back to the old neighborhood to get a haircut.

I need to go visit my barber sometime soon.

And talking about coloring, my mom keeps suggesting I use that mens' hair color stuff (I'm prematurely gray), but I ain't gonna do it. I like it this way.
InRi 
Posted: 29-Oct-2008, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Saxons

ZodiacVine

Realm: Arbing, Upper Austria

male

When I read this thread, I thought by myself: There are gathering a lot of coins for hair cuts... biggrin.gif

I had my last hair cut three years ago and paid round about 15€ (only for cutting the hair ends).
I think it's time for a new cut now. The ends begin to split, so must cut some centimeters... (not too much please wink.gif ) After that is enough for the next three years.

Greetings

Ingo

--------------------
Rindy 
Posted: 20-Nov-2008, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks for the advice Johnny and Flora.

Mike glad you understand what I'm saying about loyalty. Honest though, wish I would of changed to this one long ago..lol..
I think gray hair on a man looks great.

InRi let us know how your 3 year haircut goes. Your hair must be really long.

Well I don't need another cut til December...yippee thumbs_up.gif Wish I had the money folks spend on haircuts and wrinkle creams and diets...

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
marti64 
Posted: 20-Nov-2008, 05:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

I have been trimming my hair myself for about two years now. I can't see paying for a cut, and "wasting" $10 or $12 to just get a trim!!!

I gotta admit, sometimes i get "too Short"" but that's ok,,,it grows back!!!

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]