Posted: 17-Apr-2009, 07:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Gwenlee,
I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. hug.gif

Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 17-Apr-2009, 01:32 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hello to everyone. We are having the most snow we have seen all year right now. Beautiful but I am ready for spring.

gwenlee I am so sorry about your daughter losing her baby. That is very hard on all the family. Hugs going out to you all.
Congratulations on your other daughter being confirmed.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 07-May-2009, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hi everyone!

I haven't posted in a few weeks (even though I have been lurking).

I have some news for you all. Come mid-June, I will own my own piece of real estate! I am buying a condo in Midlothian, Illinois (another suburb of Chicago).

I decided it was time to move out of my apartment. I had actually stayed there a few years longer than originally planned. I chose this condo in Midlothian because it was the right price and the suburb is near the suburb where my parents and sister live.

There are two reasons why I put off moving out sooner. The first one was inertia. The second was I was (and still am) not looking forward to moving. I know that I will be living out of boxes for the first few weeks.

Also, my nephew Jay made his First Communion last Saturday. It sure seems like last week I was bouncing him on my knee and dangling my keys in front of him. I wrote a note inside his card saying that I hope he felt as blessed by the Lord as I did when I made my First Communion.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
valpal59 
Posted: 08-May-2009, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Mike,
Congratulations on your new home. It will be nice to live closer to your family. Moving is the pits.

Kids grow up too fast.

Val
valpal59 
Posted: 11-May-2009, 08:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Had the greatest time Saturday night. The junior-senior prom was Sat. night and our great niece is a junior. All of the kids arrive at the prom in various forms of transportation, limos, wagons, classic cars, etc. She asked us to take her to the prom in the mustang. Rob and I spent all Sat. afternoon washing, waxing and cleaning up the car. I drove them to the prom in the Mustang with the top down. Her face was beaming when we arrived at the prom. ( Could have been from the cold. LOL) Made me feel so good.

One cool aunt. (Hannah's own words),
Val
flora 
Posted: 11-May-2009, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

That's wonderful Val. Hannah will remember that for a lifetime! I'm sure she appreciates her cool aunt!

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
cahoots 
Posted: 31-May-2009, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello everyone...what a beautiful day it is outside...been doing yard work almost since I got up this morning...had a pine that came down and had to get it cut up and hauled to a burn pile and of course the grass needed cutting again..that's never ending...
I have a granddaughter that is turning the big 1 year old in a couple of weeks so spent a few minutes getting all the presents together and getting them wrapped...She's having an outside party at a park...should get some great pictures for her scrapbook...
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 04-Jun-2009, 08:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hi everyone!

An update:

I am meeting with the welcoming committee of the condo board on Tuesday and the closing is on Wednesday. I don't know when I will physically take possession of the condo, but my best estimate is probably on or around the 20th.

I am thinking of having my parents ask their neighbors' high school age sons to help me. I know they have to do community service for graduation (I'll probably slip them some cash anyway). My brother-in-law owes me two moves as I helped him and my sister move twice, but unfortunately they and their kids are going to be on vacation at Disney World.

While I've been here housesitting for my parents, I've been watching a lot of HGTV, trying to get some design ideas to incorporate into my condo. I want to buy a couch, corner TV stand and a new kitchen table. While the table I have now does fit the country kitchen style, it is a little bigger than what I see in there and it is not in the best condition.

I don't have a lot of money, so I'm probably going to have to pick those up at a resale shop, but that won't be too bad because there's one just down the street from my condo. And I don't have to do it right away anyway. In the meantime, I'm going to take some of my parents' old furniture that they have stored down in their basement and decide whether or not I want to keep it.
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 07-Jun-2009, 07:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Val, you're a "cool aunt" right enough! I enjoyed reading your post.

Mike, wow, a big step you are going to do, all my best wishes for the new start; moving is quite painful, this I know from own experience but it's fun as well to make a new place look nicely. I have bought some stuff in resale shops myself when we moved here about six years ago and I still do so occasionally. I keep finding nice things for very reasonable prices there.
Good news from your end, congrats!

As for me, I have good and sad news.
I have been working for a house management and real estate company for three years now when I got a letter that I have been laid off due to economical reasons of the company. I was the last to come there, so I'm now the first who has to go. It was a shock and a few days later I felt so frustrated and like I had to smash a few things against the walls rolleyes.gif but then I was able to dust myself down and to draw a line; although I will join the millions of unemployed people in my country on July 1st I will carry on with it and make the best of it. You cannot kill weed wink.gif , no surrender!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
But there are also things to look forwards to; my elder son is going to be married on June 26th; so this is something very special for Mum smile.gif ; I'm asking myself if I won't sit there watching them and thinking, "Where the heck did all the time go; am I really THAT old already, hey, Im still young enough to do that MYSELF..." laugh.gif
and I might get a bit of moisty eyes also rolleyes.gif .
So there is a lot that will keep me busy until the big day and even after because they are leaving for their honeymoon the next day and who is going to go to their place every day to care for their cat and two chinchillas and who is going to water the plants? Right laugh.gif
Next month I will hit a plane and fly over to my big love in UK; I still have responibilities here with my younger son, so we can't see each other as often as we wished to but in about a year I will be able to make a stunt and to move there...so there are shadows but also a lot of light in my life, and all in all I think Im still lucky, ain't I?

You all take good care of yourselves!
Gabby

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
valpal59 
Posted: 07-Jun-2009, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Mike, I hope everything goes smoothly with your new home. Moving is the pits. Be careful with the HGTV, it can become addictive. Hubby told me I had to lay off of it for awhile. LOL. I have found lots of cool stuff in resale shops and I have also found a lot of good things at garage sales. My house is decorated in the garage sale style. LOL

Gabby, I am so sorry to hear that you were laid off. There is too much of that happening. Chin up girlfriend, I know you will make it just fine. Congrats to your oldest son and his bride. I hope the month goes by really fast for you. There is no greater joy than to be with the one you love. Yes, you are still lucky.

We spent the day yesterday getting all of the air conditioners in the window. Had to buy a new one for the bedroom. Put it in the window and it wouldn't work so we had to take it back to the store and get another one. Went to a birthday party last night for one of our best friends. Man are we getting old. LOL

Val
briantheflute 
  Posted: 08-Jun-2009, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Kettering, Tasmania

male

Bail ó Dhia oraibh! Greetings everyone!

This is to say Hello and let you know that I am alive and kicking.

This last year has been a great test for me, losing my job through my integrity did not help, and has meant that I have struggled to keep a roof over my head.

At last I have found a little cottage, and though a long way from any online centres I have managed to get to the library and use one of their computers for a session.

By rights I should have been called last week but The Lord decided to spare me.

I had been out watching Wedge-tailed Eagles last Tuesday, and when the car was going down a fairly steep hill the brakes failed.

I knew it wasn’t going to be nice and as I went into a sharp right-hander I simply prayed “God help me…Bless my friends!”

The car rolled twice and the front side windows came in.

All I saw was this beautiful slow motion kaleidoscope of shattering glass with beautiful visions of my nearest, dearest and closest all looking at me, holding out their arms to me.

The car landed upright and I felt myself thinking I might be paralysed. I opened the door, got out saw I’d a nicked vein on my right ankle and dressed it with my first ais kit. A few grazes above my left knee on the inside of my thigh, two shallow cuts on my skull and that was that. I dressed the wounds and walked home, about 4kms.

My toilet visit was all clear, and I sat there waiting for the shock to set in, (I’m a fully qualified first aider).

So eventually I had a shower and got ready for my evening shift at work, 23 kms away.

I have used arnica cream to bring out the bruising and now feel brilliant. I manage to get lifts to and from work part of the way but hey, I’ve walked all my life and am living in a beautiful area to have to walk.

I will write and explain about what happened with my workplace incident, but I just wanted to share with you what I believe to be Divine Intervention and nothing less than a miracle.

I’ll write soon,

All love and peace as ever,

Brian x

--------------------
My peace I give you, unto you I give my peace. (John 14:27)
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 09-Jun-2009, 08:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey everyone: Gosh it felt like I haven't been here in such a long time. I have been doing fine just working a lot, thank the good Lord.

This weekend is the Scottish Festival and Highland Games in Blairsville, GA. It looks like there is going to be some wonderful weather. I'll be dancing and spending time with Clan Donnachaidh.

In August I will be going out to see my sister in Washington state. I'll be there for 21 days. I am so looking forward to sister time.

Everyone take care

gwenlee
MDF3530 
Posted: 10-Jun-2009, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hello everyone!

I closed on my condo today, so I am now officially a real estate owner w00t1.gif !
leenie 
Posted: 10-Jun-2009, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,818 Gold!

Wow...where does the time go...seems like I have good intentions of getting on here and posting more but the only time I have seems to be devoted to the Medieval Kingdom game and then off again...Sorry to hear about everyone's troubles ...hope all the job situations get straightened out soon..
Yeah...MDF.. what a thrill it must be to own your own place..so happy for you..
I envy you your Highland games Gwenlee..they canceled our St. Louis ones and no sign of them starting them back up again any time soon..
Hope all of you have great summers...
Cahoots..I also will be having a granddaughter turning 1 year old tomorrow...she's getting so big...
gwenlee 
Posted: 11-Jun-2009, 07:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Tomorrow is the start of dance weekend. I will get to dance my heart out. I love to dance. Yep I consider myself lucky to live in area that has Scottish Country Dancing and some of the best games in the southeast. Blairsville and Stone Mountain. Both in my back yard.

Mike congrad on the new place enjoy it.

LEENIE you are so right time flies and gets away from us way too quickly. Hard to believe that the grandbaby is already one. Gosh it seems like yesterday that you were announcing here arrival

Everyone take care

gwenlee
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]