Honored Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Deer Park(Houston), Texas

male

Thanks for the kind feedback you guys:)

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
nitelilly 
  Posted: 14-Feb-2007, 06:11 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Hanover, Pa. USA

female

Greetings Everyone! I have just joined and wanted to say hello. I am a solitary Wiccan and have been for seven yrs. I noticed that no one has posted on here in a while, but, no matter. Just dropped by to say Hi. Blessings
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 15-Feb-2007, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

we cannot change how the world thinks but we can make gentle changes in the web of all life if it is done to harm none -dealing with plants/herbs is mine and it all takes time, patience and knowing that what you do for yourself must help all not just some.
i can still sing to god for beauty and thank the goddess for all that is good, there is good about life and we must respect it...fighting about religion never solves anything and all that's left at the end is dead bodies and broken families and dreams.

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
Emmet 
Posted: 15-Feb-2007, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

Greetings Everyone! I have just joined and wanted to say hello.

Merry Meet!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 15-Feb-2007, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

This topic area has died down more then just some!
I personally can not keep posting to keep it alive.
I can only hope that those of you that are in the know will keep things alive.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Nightchild 
Posted: 17-Feb-2007, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

female

I'm back, once again. Unfortunately being absent made me miss your discussion. sad.gif
Yet there's something I wanted to add, because I myself feel it important to be mentioned:
Someone already said, there were a lot of religions that don't tolerate other believes nowadays. As for me, I mostly feel it's Christans who don't tolerate us. Mostly, not exclusively.
Some of you might remember I'm living in Berlin, Germany. So I don't know what it's like somewhere else, but I do know what it's like here. And I dare say there's also a lot of people following some kind of pagan belief who don't tolerate any belief that varies only a nuance from their own. Which I personally find is pretty sad.
As for Christians: A friend of mine tends to say it's not us who have a problem with them, it's them who have one with us. Meaning as long as they don't have one we don't have one either.

I hope, I didn't forget anything... unsure.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster                
ShadowDarkFyre 
Posted: 19-Feb-2007, 11:35 PM
Quote Post

ur-Lord of the Domain and Realms

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Caer RivenMyst, Fantasia I.D.

male

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess that Nightchild's saying that the Pagan mainstream has become as intolerant as the Christian mainstream. Correct me if I'm wrong. However, if I hit the mark, it is sadly true. I, myself, have been bashed by the pagan minstream in the past over here in the States. As well as the Christian mainstream, seeing as how my beliefs are sort of all inclusive.

--------------------
user posted image

There's magick in believing...

The Domain and Realms
http://www.thedomainandrealms.com
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 20-Feb-2007, 06:25 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (ShadowDarkFyre @ 19-Feb-2007, 10:35 PM)
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess that Nightchild's saying that the Pagan mainstream has become as intolerant as the Christian mainstream. Correct me if I'm wrong. However, if I hit the mark, it is sadly true. I, myself, have been bashed by the pagan minstream in the past over here in the States. As well as the Christian mainstream, seeing as how my beliefs are sort of all inclusive.

I'm right there with you. Not mainstream in my faith, and that urks both sides. Though it seems like it is acceptable to discriminate against Christianity, but not any other faith out there. Being Christian is like being English, I suppose. (I hope you get what I mean by that).

I recently was reading a forward in my wife's book, Wicca, The Complete Craft, and found an outright distain for anything Christian. For a Polydeity faith such as that, which borrows its influences from so many different religions, it seems like a jab in the ribs to be looked at as the only unfit faith on earth. The author even used the word Discrimination in a positive light, in that context. I was quite turned off by that.

Some things are universal. Religious persecution isn't what it was in the days everyone chooses to remember. Some people tend to forget that Christians were Persecuted against on a large scale by the Romans, who were Pagan at the time, just as the Romans later laid waste to Paganism under a Christian guise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diocletian#Pe...n_of_Christians

A faith cannot be intolerant. It's like a pencil being jealous. But if people are prone to persecute, they will do so, no matter what flag they wave.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Nightchild 
Posted: 20-Feb-2007, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

female

I'd rather not say that it's the mainstream. Yet there are groups that pretend being mainstream, that pretend being the majority, where you can find more intolerable people than in other groups. And of course there are those who walk the world pretending their belief is the one and only true and right one. Some of those grow and learn, some just don't. Yet those mainly are the ones that make themselves heard.

Some things are universal. Religious persecution isn't what it was in the days everyone chooses to remember. Some people tend to forget that Christians were Persecuted against on a large scale by the Romans, who were Pagan at the time, just as the Romans later laid waste to Paganism under a Christian guise.

That's definitely a true one. But when talking about persecution one shouldn't forget about christian groups being persecuted by other christian groups for their differences in belief. It's not as if Christianity equals Christianity. It's not now and it never was. Well, okay, maybe, but only shortly after its creation. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster                
oldraven 
Posted: 20-Feb-2007, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (Nightchild @ 20-Feb-2007, 09:06 AM)
That's definitely a true one. But when talking about persecution one shouldn't forget about christian groups being persecuted by other christian groups for their differences in belief. It's not as if Christianity equals Christianity. It's not now and it never was. Well, okay, maybe, but only shortly after its creation. wink.gif

Good point. smile.gif If you look at that link, it touches on this. I guess the best example of what you're talking about is the Protestants in Europe trying to rid themselves of the Catholics in the 16th century. The battle that is still raging in Ulster(I don't know if it's PC to use that name or not). Then we have everybody's favorite party posse, the Jesuits. Inquisition in general.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 20-Feb-2007, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

It really can be a bit discouraging. Having been raised Episcopal and converted to Judaism, I finally found, after a long gradual examination of what really called spontaneous wonder and gratitude out of me, that I am a natural born -- what? Pagan is the word that probably covers it. But honestly, most of the public forms and trappings appeal to me no more than those of the mainsteam monotheisms. There is a place for individual or solitary practice, but so much is possible in community, humanly and spiritually.

I suppose the point is that whatever your practice is, part of what it serves to do is make you more able to put up with the imperfections of our kind -- even within the practice itself.
PMEmail Poster               
Celtic cat 
Posted: 22-Feb-2007, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

Hi Dade and Nitelilly, good luck with your journeys and welcome to CR. OldRaven, just wanted to thank you after reading your posts. My faith is in the middle and I am having trouble accepting it. But your comments help me to see that it is okay. smile.gif

--------------------
*~Extinction is Forever~*

"For Those Who Can't Speak, We Must" -Tiger Creek
http://www.tigercreek.org/

"Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains."
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

*Cha shoirbh triubhas a chur air cat.
It’s not easy to put trews on a cat.* CR

user posted image
sisterknight 
Posted: 26-Feb-2007, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

i don't know if your newspapers covered this or not, but on the weekend there was a very large article done about wicca and a priest who switched and was kicked out of the army...there is a wiccan church and most of the members are military..the paper this called the montreal gazette and it was in the saturday edition
PMEmail Poster               
saddoggirl 
Posted: 17-Mar-2007, 02:58 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Austin, TX

female

Hello! I hope you don't mind me jumping into this also. I have been restless with "religions" since childhood. I was raised in a God fearing church in which I saw my fill of hypocrites. Yes, I know they are everywhere but I had quite my fill there. Off to college I went and became Catholic. It was that individual church that was wonderful and that led to my conversion. Unfortunately after college life went on and I found myself living in a nice but very closed minded small town. The catholic church there just didn't make me comfortable and the priest seemed very cold so I quit going. I had always been curious about wicca and I finally decided to learn more and dive in. I didn't care what anybody thought in the area and eventually I found a few others of common ground. I finally learned acceptance and for the first time in my 36 years, I was ok with myself. Since I began following wicca, many beautiful things have happened and continue to happen. I have since moved to Austin,TX from PA and ironically I go to a church with a friend. This church has been wonderful and is very non-condemming. Actually, everyone has made me feel quite welcomed even knowing I follow wicca. (Yes I am pretty new with wicca). No matter where I am, I have found it pretty good to just live by example, and I have had no problems. I have been fourtunate and when or if a problem arises I will also deal with it too according to the teachings. I guess I see it like being an embassador for my religious beliefs.
Blessed Be to all,
Saddoggirl
PMEmail Poster               
Dade Emeraldstone 
Posted: 17-Mar-2007, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Deer Park(Houston), Texas

male

Very cool story, and welcome
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]