Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Stone Mountain Highland Games 10/15-16, It will be here before ya know it!
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 24-Jun-2005, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

Yeah its June and hot and summer has just begun, but it won't be long before October gets here with the Stone Mountain Highland Games!!
Dates are October 15 - 16, 2005.
Apparently there are a couple of events at the host hotel on Friday, then the action starts at Stone Mountain Park on Saturday.

The official web site is: http://www.smhg.org/

Hope to see you there!

Siobhan Blues

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
gwenlee 
Posted: 29-Jun-2005, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

If nothing happens I and my family will be there. I hope to meet you Siobhan Blue and your family. I'll be at the Scottish Country Dancing stage and Clan Donnachaidh Tent. In fact I hope to meet any of you that come to the games.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 03-Jul-2005, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I'll see you at the Donnachaidh tent then, that's my husband's clan! He's a Reid (his mama's maiden surname is Reid, and she named him Charles Reid in honor of her family name)

SB
(who has no apparent Scottish heritage at all, but is quite pleased with all the English and Irish ancesters anyway!)
PM               
gwenlee 
Posted: 05-Jul-2005, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

SB-The Irish in you takes care of the English (we all can't be perfect, LOL) Besides you had good taste you married someone with Scottish heritage. When you think about it most of us who are descended from the UK find an Englishman or woman in the ol family history. My husband is Hispanic/French heritage and he holds his own at the games and Celtic events. I love the pipes and he is always teasing me about liking to hear cats tails being pulled. Anyway I look forward to seeing you at the games.
Shamalama 
Posted: 05-Jul-2005, 09:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

My family doesn't have a tent, so I just walk around chatting with the others there. It can be claimed that we were a recognized sept of either Ross or Munro, although we're probably more of a mutt.

My favorite is listening to the pipes warm up in the woods. To me it actually sounds better than hearning them on the field.

I tried the Dreaded Haggis at the Games a few years ago. It took about two hours for me to turn un-green. I have since stayed with the Fish & Chips.

I would really like to meet those of you that attend. Maybe we could settle on a day, time, and location where we could all meet. Sister Siobhan could stand there with a "Hi Y'all From CelticRadio" sign. Maybe Sister Annabelle wooing us with song, and Sister gwenlee doing the Highland Dance, as we all congregate.

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 05-Jul-2005, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Shamalama--It would really be great if we can all meet at the Stone Mountain Game. As it gets closer to time we need to decide on a time. I have the place, which can be at the Clan Donnachaidh Tent. I'll be there and I'll be dancing with the Scottish Country Dancers. I'm a member of Clan Ross too. But I'm an officer with the Donnachaidhs so thats my home base.

I too tried the haggis this year at the Culloden game. It was a one time thing, I'm not a fan of organ meat. My 14 year old slipped it in on me. She thought it was funny. She ate it but I think it was a one time thing with her too.

You know I like listening to the pipes where ever they are played. But it is nice to hear them in the early morning or the late evenings in the mountains. I have a daughter at North GA College and she said they have a Pipe and Drum band. She said they use to practice at 6 AM until they started getting complaints from the students. I thought that was heaven but she didn't. She said she never complained but it sounded like they were in your room. I told she was so very lucky.

You know most of us are mutts, although I have mainly a Scottish/Cherokee heritage. I'm in the process of researching my family and my son and daughter laugh at me when I find one more Clan we can associate with. It even started a family feued with my parents because my father always prided himself with being only Scottish (he thought he had more of a Scottish background than my mom) but it turns out he is more Irish/English/Cherokee. With only one Scottish Grandparent. My mom is Scottish/Cherokee/Irish. But they both agree that the Irish/Scottish/Cherokee is the best part of them. I'm glad you go to the games and enjoy them. It is a nice time to meet and talk with people. I kind of look at it as a big family reunion. I look forward to meeting you and your family this fall.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 06-Jul-2005, 12:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Shamalama @ 05-Jul-2005, 11:49 AM)
I would really like to meet those of you that attend. Maybe we could settle on a day, time, and location where we could all meet. Sister Siobhan could stand there with a "Hi Y'all From CelticRadio" sign. Maybe Sister Annabelle wooing us with song, and Sister gwenlee doing the Highland Dance, as we all congregate.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
All right, I'll bring the sign! No mistaking me then, is there?!? That's so funny!
We wil be there on Saturday I'm sure. And my husband and I will wear our old black Donnachaidh shirts, Gwenlee!
PM               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 06-Jul-2005, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 05-Jul-2005, 12:43 PM)
I have a daughter at North GA College and she said they have a Pipe and Drum band. She said they use to practice at 6 AM until they started getting complaints from the students. I thought that was heaven but she didn't. She said she never complained but it sounded like they were in your room. I told she was so very lucky.

Where does she attend college? My daughter wants to go to Berry, in Rome, after she graduates from high school next spring.
PM               
Shamalama 
Posted: 07-Jul-2005, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

My oldest daughter graduated from North GA College in December 2003 (an English major, which translates to Unemployed!). Dahlonega has to be one of the most beautful areas in Georgia, although there are some really expensive (+$1 million homes) subdivisions cropping up all over the area.

My bride and I have talked about, after we win the lottery, getting some acres in that area and retiring: a log cabin close to a bubbling stream (with a 10' waterfall nearby), close enough to town for shopping but far enough away to be quiet, my dogs able to run around in the woods, seeing real snow from time to time, etc.

PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 07-Jul-2005, 02:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Hey, you live in Conyers?? We go to the International Horse Park there every year for the Dixie Cup horse show! Its worth the drive just to shop in that tack shop at the park. And actually, the little Morgan filly we just bought came from White Plains, a little farther east. And there is a rather strange store in Conyers that sells medieval clothing and gear, the name escapes me right now (red alert, red alert, a Senior Moment is occuring on Asle 5) but they have a catalog we get in the mail...

This is amazing, I didn't know so many Celtic Radio folks live in Georgia!

SB
PM               
gwenlee 
Posted: 08-Jul-2005, 04:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

My daughters major is Chemistry. We have 7 acres in Ellijay. We are hoping when retirement time comes to build and live up there. We don't have a creek or river that runs through it but we are on the National Forest. It is so nice up there, very quiet

Siobhan you have horses? So do we. We have a Missouri Fox Trotter, 2 Quarter Horses, one is a Paint (he is registered), and Arabian/Throughrobreed. Martha Berry College is a great school. I have several family members who graduated from there.

I think it is neat we all have a chance to meet each other. I wish CelticRose and Rindy lived close by. I look forward to meeting all of you at the Stone Mountain Games. I guess I'll be getting my reservations made in the next week. Last night at dance we were talking about our plans during the games. I'll be in a work shop on Friday and then go to the SCD gala that night.

Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 14-Jul-2005, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Ellijay is sooo nice! What a charming town. For 5 or 6 years I had my artwork exhibited at Otto's right there in town, until they closed about 2 years ago. And a dear friend that I knew from the South Cobb Arts Alliance here in Cobb County retired to her cabin up there back in the late 90's, on Little Turniptown Creek as you drive north out of Ellijay. She still lives there, and must be in her late 70's now; the last time we talked she was volunteering at the Chamber of Commerce offices.

Yes, we do have a horse! But just one...you've got quite a herd there - I bet they're gorgeous too. smile.gif
Ours is a Morgan filly, she just turned 3 years old on June 30. My daughter bought her from her owners back in the spring, and at that time she was just ground-broke... since then, Lauren has worked with her steadily and now Glory takes a bridle and saddle. Lauren is actually riding her now too, and is absolutely thrilled that she has trained her first horse! Its what she's always wanted to do. She learned a lot about training horses during the years she took riding lessons in Cedartown at Impossible Dream Farm; John Goda III is the trainer there and was her riding instructor too. He spotted Lauren's interest in training and let her help him when she could. That's where she first met Glory, as a yearling when she came for a bit of training so she could be entered in a Lead-Line class at a horse show. Lauren loved Glory even then, and the two got along so well... its by the grace of God that now, these years later, Lauren has a job that pays enough so that she can actually own Glory. Its wonderful to watch them together, they're like friends!

Sweet.

SB
PM               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 14-Jul-2005, 11:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

It sounds like we are getting quite a group of CR members heading for the Stone Mtn Games. Will anyone be camping? We hope to go down for the week and stay in the campground at Stone Mtn.

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 15-Jul-2005, 09:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 07-Jul-2005, 04:18 PM)
Hey, you live in Conyers??  We go to the International Horse Park there every year for the Dixie Cup horse show!  Its worth the drive just to shop in that tack shop at the park.  And actually, the little Morgan filly we just bought came from White Plains, a little farther east.  And there is a rather strange store in Conyers that sells medieval clothing and gear, the name escapes me right now (red alert, red alert, a Senior Moment is occuring on Asle 5) but they have a catalog we get in the mail...

This is amazing, I didn't know so many Celtic Radio folks live in Georgia!

SB

Yep, born and raised in Conyers.

The store you're referring to is Museum Replicas. Their online store is at: http://www.museumreplicas.com/webstore/homepage.asp

I've purchased a dirk ( http://www.museumreplicas.com/imagelib/040...00806_L_000.jpg ) and a basket-hilted broadsword ( http://www.atlantacutlery.com/imagelib/050...00358_L_000.jpg ) from them. Really nice, and historically accurate, stuff. Probably one of the better stores for replicas for the price.

The "other half" of their store is Atlanta Cutlery, retailers of kitchen knives, and more swords and stuff.
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 15-Jul-2005, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

My family and I will be camping at Stone Mountain. We should be there on Thursday.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]