Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,629 Gold!

QUOTE (olorin @ 25-Jun-2009, 05:19 AM)
This lot hears of 1" of snow two counties away and panic sets in, its quite laughable.

Don't forget that south of the Mason Dixon Line, with just the mention of a possibility of snow, everyone is required to go buy milk and bread. rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
olorin 
Posted: 27-Jun-2009, 05:20 AM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

Realm: Virginia

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
165,834 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Ahh, it's the same thing here. Any word of the "possibility" of a substantial snow, (and when I say substantial I mean a mere 4 to 6 inches) and you can't find perishables anywhere, generators and Kerosene for heaters sell out everywhere, it's total panic. I've watched all this with great amusement for over 30 years now. The hilarious thing is that almost everyone has a 4 wheel drive here, yet they'll drive around on 1" of snow like their about to slip off the side of Everest; It's complete chaos. laugh.gif

--------------------
Slŕinte,
Olórin of Valinor
-----------------------------------------
You can't regret what you don't decide - Shimon Moore
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
LadyDragonfire 
Posted: 05-Jul-2009, 09:08 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacElder

female

There are those here in New England that react the same way to the mention of that "S" word......and I swear they forget how to drive from one season to the other.

It's not unusual to see the fools driving their vehicles, 4 weel drive or otherwise, like it was the middle of summer, not winter, thinking that their vehicles will hold the road at high speeds as if they were on dry roads!

YIS,

Lady Dragonfire
PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 28-Aug-2009, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Hello my Lords and Ladies I have gone for sometime back now.

As for the weather you all sound like you had a nice summer and got all the heat we here in Michigan never seen, oh yes 3 days where it was in the 90's how could I have forgotten that.

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
MacLaren 
Posted: 08-Sep-2009, 02:38 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

female

I too remember the days of walking to school with 6ft snow drifts surrounding me. It dosen't help that I have been no taller than 4'ft 11 inch tall since i was a child . But the winters here in good ole New York state have not been the same since then, Now we get 6 inches of snow and it becomes a storm. The weather I spy that last few days has been cold in the mornings, warm in the late afternoon and cool again at night. Great sleeping weather. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
[B][COLOR=purple][QUOTE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
PMEmail Poster               
Bakersville 
Posted: 07-Oct-2009, 05:42 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #53
37,630 Gold!

Lady Harlot, it has been much the same here. This summer has been very mild and went buy quite quickly. It really didn't even feel like summer until late June this year, it was rather odd. I mean I'm not in an area that typically has really hot summers, but we usually get plenty of 90+ degree days and I'm sure I can count how many we had this year on one hand. We haven't had our first frost yet, but it's already getting down in the low 40's some nights. It's been a rather odd year for sure.
PMEmail Poster               
MacLaren 
Posted: 09-Oct-2009, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

female

It' the same way here, days are nice but the nights are getting cooler and cooler. I'm thinking snow by the end of the month. Wouldn't be the first Halloween I've seen with snow but just not ready for it yet.
PMEmail Poster               
dem032255 
Posted: 12-Oct-2009, 08:36 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

male

Tis a nice day here at North Millsborough. Fall is rapidly approaching and the trees are turning colour .... All is quiet here at the Abbey ... as the Friar here I look after assuring that we have all of the fathers busy .... it is coolish, but comfortable for the harvest from our farm .... we have a new lumber mill that some of the fathers will be working at ... and our gold mines are producing well so that we can create fine celtic worship items for other abbeys ....hoping that I will hear from some of you ...

Friar Tuck

--------------------
Manach Tuck
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
McRoach 
Posted: 04-Dec-2009, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
507,081 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Ummm.. where is everybody? unsure.gif
I haven't seen much going on here in the MK forum latley. Anyone still playing this game? Hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving!

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
englishmix 
Posted: 09-Dec-2009, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

I'm here and there. Building up, waiting for some excitement.
usascout 
Posted: 12-Dec-2009, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

male

Hello Everyone, I notice that a lot of people have stopped posting here so maybe or maybe not someone will not see this. :] Anyway, I am from Louisiana, where we are having some strange weather. It is actually feeling like winter here!!! About a week ago, we actually had some snow. I know that it probably sounds like the norm to ya'll, usually we get our colder weather around Feb. and March. Anyway, I hope that everyone stays warm and healthy this winter.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to ya'll,
Lord Usascout
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 12-Dec-2009, 06:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,629 Gold!

QUOTE (usascout @ 12-Dec-2009, 04:42 PM)
It is actually feeling like winter here!!! About a week ago, we actually had some snow. I know that it probably sounds like the norm to ya'll, usually we get our colder weather around Feb. and March.

Same here in NC, but last night we were down to 22 degress. Brrrr!
0407usmc 
Posted: 12-Dec-2009, 08:53 PM
Quote Post

Servant
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

female

Here in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia we are having extreme low temps and a bit of wind for our area. Had 4 inches of that 's' stuff 3 days ago and tonite the call is for wintry mix beginning at 1:00 a.m. but changing over to rain later in the day (thank goodness). Suppose to have a 'heat wave' of high 46 on Monday.
PMEmail Poster               
leenie 
Posted: 16-Dec-2009, 06:54 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
37,292 Gold!

Cold here in Southern Illinois ,although we had bright sunshine all day. The news is calling for snow starting Friday night into Saturday and again on Monday...winter has barely started and I can't wait for it to warm up again.
I wish everyone a Safe and Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!
englishmix 
Posted: 21-Dec-2009, 10:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

Lady Lassie Leenie,

You are in Southern Illinois?! I am in Henderson, KY, and about once a week cross the mighty Wabash River into the Carmi, IL region.

Anyway, the weather is getting a bit colder here, but sunny and very nice compared to the areas north of the Mason-Dixon line.

Merry Christmastide to all, heathen & saint alike (though me prefer ye to be saintish like).
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]