gwenlee 
Posted: 07-May-2008, 01:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Camac, that is so bitter. Good deeds aren't meant to be rewarded either for here or the after life. They are to come from the heart. I know there are people out there who take advantage but in that case you have to revamp what or how much you do for them. Helping someone doesn't have to come out of you pocket book or wallet sometimes it is guiding them to the right resources. Give a person a fish he eats for the day but give them a fishing pole and teach them then they can feed themselves for life.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 07-May-2008, 01:54 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan Cathcart-USA
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Perryville, Arkansas

male

I too have been stabbed in the back for doing acts of kindness, but I feel that the one that did that is not representative of all people. I am reminded of a story a friend of mine shared about agencies (especially Churches) that have the calling to help people in need. Many times they use "cookie cutter" thinking, that is they try to make everyone fit a mold before they will help. My question then becomes when ye make cookies there is dough that is cut away, if the Creator did not want that dough there then why did it get there, and if you think you can cut away from people to make them fit your mold are you not then playing God? This is not Directed at anyone in particular, just pondering a point.

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Sir. Raibeart Paris, OGU
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 07-May-2008, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

I am not bitter about the good deeds and I still do them not for the rewards I could care less about that. I just don't do them as often because to be honest I am tired of being crapped on for trying to be nice.

Camac.

Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 07-May-2008, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

male

Been there, done tha, got the T-shirt, the coffee cup and the Mouse pad! LOL. But life goes onb even if we think it should nae.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 07-May-2008, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Druid_of_Ark @ 07-May-2008, 08:54 AM)
I too have been stabbed in the back for doing acts of kindness, but I feel that the one that did that is not representative of all people. I am reminded of a story a friend of mine shared about agencies (especially Churches) that have the calling to help people in need. Many times they use "cookie cutter" thinking, that is they try to make everyone fit a mold before they will help. My question then becomes when ye make cookies there is dough that is cut away, if the Creator did not want that dough there then why did it get there, and if you think you can cut away from people to make them fit your mold are you not then playing God? This is not Directed at anyone in particular, just pondering a point.

After I retired, most of my circle of friends was still working and I wasnt ready to play cards at the senior center so I did voulenteer work at the Salvation Army. I found them to be somewhat wastefull with the funds, IE: GMC Tahoes for transportation, $250,000 homes (in 1995) I used my transportation to run errands, make deposits and deliver checks for temporary lodging. The straw that broke the camels back was the day a woman in her 30's stopped 30 miles short of her destination and asked for 4 head lice kits. (not money) Her husband had been imprisioned and she and three children were on their way to his parents house. All had head lice and needed a shower. The Lt.'s wife refused the money for the kits. I asked the family to wait, went to the drug store and bank. I got the kits and enough money for the motel that we had a cntract with. Also enough for them to eat. Then I told the Lt.'s wife what she might do with the job and quit.

I have not really done anything through them since. Now I help through a lady I know that is on a church board. She keeps things confidential and I trust her.

Slàinte,    

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
jime307 
Posted: 10-May-2008, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

It really makes me feel good reading all these stories

--------------------

St. Patrick's Day countdown banner
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 10-May-2008, 06:46 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Wonderful stories!!

I don't know if it was a act of kindness but I was heading out the bank doors and there was a old lady in front of me with a walker and had a young woman holding the door for her in the front. The older woman was talking away about something she tripped on one of the area rugs all was ok, I used my foot to lay it back down, well the other door the younger woman had pushed the automatic handicapped, luckily I was paying some what of attention by now the door decided to close on her before she got out. I grabbed it and held it the man behind me said "woof that was close!" The young woman didn't say a word. I think she had enough by now. The old woman went on talking didn't have a clue that she would of been knocked down by the door. I was thinking about it I wondered what I missed today. lol..
I still like to hope there is more good people in this world than evil. I am hoping I can make just one person happier today I don't want to be recognized I just want to make it better for someone else.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
parkers1 

I'm away until 12/31/2014
  Posted: 10-May-2008, 08:28 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacReed

Realm: Down Texas way - Round Rock, Tx

male

Leave it to Paul to come up with a great topic and wonderful kindness!What a super family! Best to you always. The best thing I do now a days is get out of bed, also invovled with the grand kids.Keep up all the great work to One & All that think of others before themselves, super thing to do! beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Al down Texas way
PMEmail Poster               
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 10-May-2008, 10:46 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

male

Okay here is a two fold story of kindness. I was approached by a young man wearing a JESUS t-shirt and he asked me to help him by hauling some stuff in my van. I said okay and then he asked me to drive him to a town that was 12 miles away. It was on my way home so again I said yes. He asked me to drop him at this service station, and he would give me some gas. Well he put in $113.00 and got me 30 gallons!!
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 14-May-2008, 08:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Now that is an awesome deed thumbs_up.gif
PM               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 13-Jun-2008, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

We were at WalMart last night, and a young woman with a small boy was blocking the asle because he was hanging on the side of the buggy & talking instead of getting off so she could move on. My husband said 'he's a big boy, why don't you let him push the buggy!' The young lady turned around real slow and a big grin spread on her face - we could tell she thought we were going to be mad they were blocking the asle, and she was so relieved my hubby said something funny!

It's fun to get somebody to grin.

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-Jun-2008, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Gosh, I always feel like I am boasting on this thread, but I do have to share.

Had to take one of my dogs to the vet yesterday..had an appointment and all. There was this lady who had a dog who possibly had a broken leg. It was very obvious this dog was in a lot of pain. Because she was a walk-in, she had been sitting there for an hour. When they called my name to bring my dog in, I told them to please take the injured dog instead so he could get treatment and pain relief. I am not boasting in the least, but when I got to the vet's office the owner and dog had been sitting there for a whole hour and no one ahead of her or during would offer their spot so this poor dog could get treatment before their dogs annual shots? How horrible is that?! I was mortified at the lack of compassion!

Well, that was my act of kindness for the day. Hopefully the doggie is better than ok.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 30-Oct-2008, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

What uplifting stories. I think with what all is happening in the world right now we need to all smile and be kind no matter what. Some days and some folks it's kind of hard to get them to smile but if I know I made a difference in their day for the better and it makes me feel better.

People most of the time are shocked someone is kind. Go into a nursing home and smile and talk to the lonely people there. I just was in one and it was a fantastic experience to talk with these folks let them know they are being listened to. It also made me count my blessings as well.
There's a lot of bad people in this world but there is a lot of good ones as well.

Just my thoughts about all the depressing things going on right now peace to all in the world.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 31-Oct-2008, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

I've been sitting here with a pile of papers to grade, grumbling and sucking down the coffee and feeling like none of these kids appreciate anything. Teachers get like this sometimes. I have just run across the paper of a girl I spent hours with privately (unpaid) last week -- English as a second language doesn't begin to describe her. Brilliant kid, been here four years, speaks Mandarin -- having an awful time. I asked her to take it on faith that we were going to open up her vocabulary, but she would have to be brave and put up with a lot of new words and weird usages for a while, and it would be mucho work. This paper shows an enormous improvement in just one week -- she has remembered everything I told her and has used it, astonishingly well -- and there is a note on it from her that she finally thinks someone here understands what she needs.

I would be feeling virtuous if I hadn't just been grumbling. unsure.gif
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 31-Oct-2008, 06:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Oh Stormeil you should be commended! I think anytime someone takes time to help a child (age does not matter) they are an angel at that moment. Just think of the confidence and pride you have given her.

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]