> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
Rindy 
Posted: 20-Oct-2006, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone. I am trying to catch up with all of you.. may take awhile. Snow in the forecast here again..we really need the moisture. It is a good day for making soup or chili. Glad to see all of you are doing well.

Celtic Rose glad your nephew is doing better.. Temps in the 80's I bet your enjoying that cool weather.

SB- glad you had a great time at the games.

Eiric- good luck on your test.

jp, and the rest of you its great to see you and I wish everyone a great weekend...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
marti64 
Posted: 20-Oct-2006, 03:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

I hope that evryone has a good weekend. I have told some people privately, but I guess I will go public with this........on another part of the forum, I wrote that my husband of almost 7 years(on October 27) died form complications of pneumonia and cardiac arrest on Ocotboer 18th.

I am sad, but I must say that all of the support that I have gotten from all of my friends, including those here at Celtic Radio has been INCREDIBLE!!!!

You never know how many friends that you have until you face a crisis!!!!

I hope that I can continue to be strong, and do some of the things that I could not do in the last 2 months, and keep the memory of my husband in my heart forever!!1

Take Care everyone!!!! i love you all
wub.gif wub.gif heart.gif heart.gif inlove.gif kiss1.gif kiss2.gif

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 20-Oct-2006, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

OMG! My condolences to you and your family, Marti! May your Higher Power give you the strength to cope with your loss.

I'm doing fine here in Chicago. The temperature is low enough for me to be wearing my hoodies. I was driving to my parents' house the other day and I was wishing I had a digital camera. Most of the ways between my apartment and my parents' house take me through the county forest preserves and the foliage is gorgeous! I'd especially like to get a picture of this one lake near them. I'm planning to ask for a digital camera for Christmas, so maybe I'll be able to post some pics of the forest preserves during the winter (they're also pretty after a fresh snowfall).

I have no specific plans for this weekend, other than maybe going to KFC or a local chain called Brown's Chicken for dinner tonight and cleaning and watching college football tomorrow.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
haynes9 
Posted: 20-Oct-2006, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

I'm doing a little fixing up around the house and on our church building this weekend. Our grandson is due to be born this next week, so everyone is excited about that.

Hope everyone has a great weekend also!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Oct-2006, 05:07 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

OMG! Marti! I feel so very badly! What an absolute horrible ordeal you have been through. If you need to talk, I am a good listener. I lost my dad at age 47 of a massive heart attack. That was pretty traumatizing as well. How are you doing...considering. Do you have family and friends there to support you? Do you have children?

many people do not realize that surgery may be successful, but it is the complications afterwards that can arise. Anyway, my deep and sincere condolences go out to you, Marti. I would imagine it would be hard to be strong at this time. You take of yourself and share with us anytime and if you need someone to talk to, call on me, ok? Hugs!

All is well here. We are having much cooler temps now so we can open our doors and windows and let fresh air in. so wonderful! My dogs are loving it as well because they love sitting out on the back patio now and watching all the birds and such. They're indoor dogs, but when the temps get cool like this, they want to be outside on the patio chasing lizards and such.

Did I tell you that I have a Wolf spider in my house! eek.gif DH saw it crawling on our couch and tried to kill it...........unsuccessfully and it went inside the cushions. I was so mad at him and I tried looking for it afterwards but no sign of the blasted thing. I had company yesterday and I made them sit on the couch..........not me...no way. Aren't I mean? laugh.gif Rindy I thought of you! I normally don't have a thing about spiders, but here in the desert, I absolutely do not want a wolf spider or tarantuala inside my house! EEP!

Talk to y'all soon!

Senara 
Posted: 22-Oct-2006, 12:46 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

Hi everyone...just checking in from the soggy and cold north lands of Wisconsin tonight. Well, technically I guess it's Sunday morning. Just got mom into bed and I just wanted to check in and see how life is holding up in the rest of the world.

Mom's doing fine...as fine as she can be, but I've noticed that she's having troubles with her hands again. I think she might be in the midst of another flare up but I can't be certain. MS is such a tricky thing to understand and predict.

Friday night my dad and nephew stopped out here at Mom's for a visit. It was his birthday this past week and it was just nice for mom to get more visits from the nephew...only other time he comes out to her house is christmas cuz my brother John is always too busy to do it himself. So anyway we were playing Disney Bingo and Uno Spin with him on friday. He loved Disney Bingo and was a bit impatient with the Uno game....but it was a lot of fun. Might just have to pick up the Uno Spin for my own game collection.

Anyway...I head back home to my little apartment in a little more than 12 hours. I'm guessing that my brother Scott won't be home until late in the evening and maybe into the next morning. That's about it for now...will catch you all later. I need some sleep.

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Oct-2006, 01:04 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Senara! I am very sorry to hear about your mum. My niece has MS and is not doing well at all. She has inccurred more lesions on her recent MRI. She can only be up for an hour at a time, she says. I live 2,000 miles from her and it breaks my heart to hear this of such a young gal. Me and Siobhan Blues have a mutual friend who has MS as well. SB could better tell you how he is doing.

Senara! You take care of yourself too, oi? Keep us posted on things. Hugs!
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Oct-2006, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Senara, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Sounds like you have been going through a lot. Hang in there take and I hope you got the rest you needed.

Marti- I hope you doing better..

I awoke to snow this morning about a foot.. Its 19 degrees 9 A.M. brrrrr..I will be reading the Sunday newspaper soon, with a fire in the fire place and then to watch football this afternoon. GO BRONCOS...just isn't the same without Elway. Ok I am off!!! Have a great Sunday everyone..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
marti64 
Posted: 22-Oct-2006, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

It is cold in the Northeast, but we have no snow yet!!!! i particularly DON"T want any!!!

Senara: Take care, and hang in there!!!

I hope everyone has a great week!!! As for me, I am gonna take it easy and hopefully take things as they coem, ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!

Marti
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Eiric 
Posted: 23-Oct-2006, 03:19 AM
Quote Post

Son of the Seven Seas and Keeper of the Holy Key
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Sweden, but me heart's in Scotland - An t-Suain, ach tha mo chridhe às ann Alba

male

I just had my test and I think I blew it, since there was some questions I couldn't possible have answered even if I had studied without a break a year before the test... Anyway, I'll just have to wait and see what resut it might be...

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
Anam Ceilteach

About Indigenous Peoples
If you ever needed a Gàidhlig dictionary

If you think you can hold me down
I beg to differ
If you think you can twist my words
I'll sing forever

Tha gach uile dhuine air a bhreth saor agus co-ionnan ann an urram 's ann an còirichean. Tha iad air am breth le reusan is le cogais agus mar sin bu chòir dhaibh a bhith beò nam measg fhein ann an spiorad bràthaireil

If you think you can hold me down
I beg to differ
If you think you can twist my words
I'll sing forever
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 23-Oct-2006, 07:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Now Eiric, be positive! You probably did fine.

Has anyone ever noticed that the adverts in the banner have some festivals from 2005...
PMEmail Poster               
ballydun 
Posted: 23-Oct-2006, 10:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

Hi all! It has been a while since I've been around. It is nice to catch up with everyone.

Marti, Iam soo sorry to hear about your loss. I just lost my Dad in May and can kind of understand your feelings. I know a husband is different, but it is a lot the same. If you need any support or to just rant, cry, whatever, please keep me in mind. Remember him, but do try to be strong!

CR...remind me again why you choose to live in AZ? Wolf spiders, scorpion bites, 100+ temps? I just don't get it! wink.gif

Haynes, Congrats on the new soon to be born grandbaby! How cool is that!?!

Eiric, Ialways felt like I failed my exams and usually came out OK. I'm sure you did better than you think.

Everyone else God bless you and have a great week! beer_mug.gif

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
Eiric 
Posted: 24-Oct-2006, 12:40 AM
Quote Post

Son of the Seven Seas and Keeper of the Holy Key
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Sweden, but me heart's in Scotland - An t-Suain, ach tha mo chridhe às ann Alba

male

Thanks for your support! I guess I'll just hae tae keep me fingers crossed and hope for the best - to be honest, as long as I passed the test I'm happy...
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 24-Oct-2006, 07:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hello Everyone

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a great time at the Stone Mountain Games. I worked for most of the week prior to the games with set up, even my hubby came, then me and my two youngest stayed after the game and helped with taking down of the tents. I had a wonderful time dancing, dancing, and more dancing. I met a lot of nice people and caught up with the latest from old friends. This past year we had the cutest young couple join. They have a baby and they are so excited about being part of our Clan. It is so good to have some younger couples join.

Senara I hate to hear that your mom isn't doing well. My daughter who has MS has been complaining that she doesn't feel right. Nothing particular. I think sometimes when the weather changes those with MS feel it more. My daughter is suppose to start on Tysabri next month. She is nervous about it, but we have to believe that God will look over her and guide her doctor in making the right decisions.

CR, I'm with Ballydun why AZ? You know there is nothing like the Mountains of any state, that is a state with real trees. (LOL).

Rindy, winter sure does come early and leaves late for you. But you seem to live in a wonderful place. Have a cup of hot tea, or hot cholate and enjoy the music.

Eric, you probably did fine on your test. I would have been more worried it you came out thinking you aced it.

Marti my thoughts are still with you.

Well I have to go. I've been unpacking from the trip and washing.

TTFN

Gwenlee

gypseyreyne 
Posted: 24-Oct-2006, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

female

This is so beautiful to see all of you being so supportive and kind to each other. I do not wish to add to the challening issues we all have but I could use a little cheese with my wine. I was told on Tuesday that my position with the company had been terminated and then I found out that they had been training my replacement since the first of October in colorado. My phone has been busy with my former clients all calling to find out what happened. I am sure they know more than I do at this point. On the brighter side I made marinara sauce from scratch yesterday for the first time in years becasue I am at home now and could. It was yummy!!!! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Oh Lord! Thou knowest how busy I must be this day: if I forget thee, do not Thou forget me.Prayer uttered by Sir Philip Warwick before the battle of Edgehill.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]