Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,186 Gold!

Has anyone noticed that the Clan Maclachan Highland Game directory has been moved to a another website site and is now unavailable?

Not sure if anyone might have some knowledge on what is going on, but it is a little concerning that such a wonderful resource is currently offline. Does anyone have an alternate site?

I am seriously thinking on creating a new website later this year for this purpose and possibly creating it in an XML standard. Either that or I might contact the people at the new site and see if they want some help. Shame that with the game season upon us there is no central resource. unsure.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 15-Mar-2005, 10:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I found the URL that it's being moved to. The hyperlink is below.

The Council of Scottish Clans and Associations

I checked "Highland Games" and it says "page currently under construction".

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Keltic 
Posted: 15-Mar-2005, 11:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

It has been down for some time now and the COSCA website has had the notice that the page is currently under construction for quite a while.

I have a listing that I have maintained for over 7 years now, of North American events with links to their websites. The festival listings can be found here.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 16-Mar-2005, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,186 Gold!

Excellent, this is just what I was looking for. Tryin to plan out some dance competions for me babies and it is rather difficult without the list!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 19-Mar-2005, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,186 Gold!

I've sent an email to the COSCA to find out were they are with getting the Highland Clan data online.

In addition, I've also provided them with some suggestions about making the data available for free to all and in an easy format. I have even volunteered my services so as long as the data would be available to all.

I really think there is a need for a central location for festival and highland game data. Sort of a World Root location. Perhaps a central location for organizations to enter their data and then the data to be available in formats for websites. Such as XML or RSS or even just an API that could display events in your local region on a webpage.

If they are not interested in my help, I may develop this on my own as I am looking for a project (later this year) that I can design from scratch and develop using XHTML with an XML backend database.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]