> Gun Control, who's for it?
Camac
Posted: 27-Aug-2008, 09:29 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

I never have nor never will understand this gun thing. Guess it depends on the society you grow up in. Personally I don't want blood on my hands ever again. Two years of fighting and killing was enough.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 27-Aug-2008, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

"...legitimate defence can be not only a right but a grave duty for someone responsible for another's life, the common good of the family or of the State" - His Holiness Pope John Paul II

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 27-Aug-2008, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 27-Aug-2008, 10:29 AM)
I never have nor never will understand this gun thing. Guess it depends on the society you grow up in. Personally I don't want blood on my hands ever again. Two years of fighting and killing was enough.

Camac.

I don't know how you feel because I've never have had to take a life and never do I want to. But I do still practice the right I have here in the USA to have a gun.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Camac
Posted: 27-Aug-2008, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Nova Scotian;

It is your right under the law of your land I wouldn't take that away from you. I do not agree with it but then I d not agree with some of the laws here but I obey them
and would never deny a person their rights under those laws.

Camac.

Nova Scotian 
Posted: 28-Aug-2008, 06:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 27-Aug-2008, 07:38 PM)
Nova Scotian;

It is your right under the law of your land I wouldn't take that away from you. I do not agree with it but then I d not agree with some of the laws here but I obey them
and would never deny a person their rights under those laws.

Camac.

It's interesting to see how attitudes change with culture. I was in Nova Scotia a few weeks ago and had a conversation with a few old down home Scotians and they said that they hated the Canadian gun laws. They then began reminding me of the days when they could go test fire a new hunting rifle and if they had a hand gun, that to, on the beach or in the field out back. I do remember those days. However, that is in back woods Nova Scotia. I'm sure you'd find the same attitude in a lot of rural areas through out Canada.
PMEmail Poster                
Dogshirt 
Posted: 28-Aug-2008, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Camac.

If I ever have to kill in defense of me or mine. then the blood is NOT on my hands but on the head of the fool who chooses to violate my home!! PERIOD!!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 28-Aug-2008, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 28-Aug-2008, 11:18 PM)

Camac.

If I ever have to kill in defense of me or mine. then the blood is NOT on my hands but on the head of the fool who chooses to violate my home!! PERIOD!!

beer_mug.gif

Well said!

Further it is not my intent for my blood to be on the hands of someone else.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 05:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 28-Aug-2008, 10:33 PM)
QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 28-Aug-2008, 11:18 PM)

Camac.

beer_mug.gif

Well said!

Further it is not my intent for my blood to be on the hands of someone else.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

I totally agree with you patch and Dog Shirt. However, it's proven that even if you are protecting you or yours, you will still harbor some guilt. It's completely normal. I know a cop who had to shoot and kill someone who had just wounded two other cops and then went at him. He had to drop the guy in defense of himself. Now if you ask him he trys to act all matcho about it. But I know him well enough and it really messed with him for quite a while.
PMEmail Poster                
Camac
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 06:28 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Nova Scotian;

The thing that terrified me about it was I started to like it. It was the adrenalin rush it caused. After it was over though I would always crawl away and throw up.
I never want to go through that again but I think down deep the beast is merely sleeping and I would kill to protect my girls.

Camac.

Nova Scotian 
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 29-Aug-2008, 07:28 AM)
Nova Scotian;

The thing that terrified me about it was I started to like it. It was the adrenalin rush it caused. After it was over though I would always crawl away and throw up.
I never want to go through that again but I think down deep the beast is merely sleeping and I would kill to protect my girls.

Camac.

Camac.
If you didn't feel and react that way, you wouldn't be normal. Having hand guns as a hobby, I've read several books on the subject of defense. I read one and I'm sure you'd find it interesting. It's called "On Killing". I can't remember the authors name but he's a "Nam" Vet x Army Ranger. My buddy who's a cop read it for a course and went to hear him speak. I found the book very interesting. What you've told us here about your experances in Vietnam are addressed directly.
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 06:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 29-Aug-2008, 07:48 AM)
QUOTE (Camac @ 29-Aug-2008, 07:28 AM)
Nova Scotian;

Camac.

Camac.
If you didn't feel and react that way, you wouldn't be normal. Having hand guns as a hobby, I've read several books on the subject of defense. I read one and I'm sure you'd find it interesting. It's called "On Killing". I can't remember the authors name but he's a "Nam" Vet x Army Ranger. My buddy who's a cop read it for a course and went to hear him speak. I found the book very interesting. What you've told us here about your experances in Vietnam are addressed directly.

Camac.

Here's the amazon link so you can see it. I think if you havn't read it it's a must for you if you're interested that is.

http://www.amazon.com/Killing-Psychologica...y/dp/0316330116
PMEmail Poster                
Camac
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Nova Scotian;

Thank you my friend I'll order it later to-day. Again thanks.

Camac

Patch 
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 09:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 29-Aug-2008, 08:28 AM)
Nova Scotian;

Camac.

It does grow on you. The other reactions eventually go away. You have to be able to turn it off and I think that is the cause of much military post traumatic stress syndrome. I believe that were I to be put in a position of protecting myself or those close to me from death of serious bodily harm today, I would have remorse only for the perp's family. One has to decide which life has more value, yours or that of a criminal intent on harming you. That decision should be made long before the situation arises.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 29-Aug-2008, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE (Camac @ 29-Aug-2008, 08:28 AM)
Nova Scotian;

Camac.

It does grow on you. The other reactions eventually go away. You have to be able to turn it off and I think that is the cause of much military post traumatic stress syndrome. I believe that were I to be put in a position of protecting myself or those close to me from death of serious bodily harm today, I would have remorse only for the perp's family. One has to decide which life has more value, yours or that of a criminal intent on harming you. That decision should be made long before the situation arises.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Well said.
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 11-Sep-2008, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

The House will be voting on the DC gun ban nest week. The house will vote it down and the D's have pinned their hopes on the Senate. Now is the time to contact ones Senators or the recent Supreme Court decision may mean nothing.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]