Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Washington Mutual Subprime Rap Song, Yes they did...
Bookmark and Share
Jillian 
Posted: 14-Apr-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

(Newser) by Kevin Spack; 4/14/10 – “I like big bucks, and I cannot lie/You mortgage brothers can’t deny.” Those are actual lines from an actual horrible rap knockoff that was actually performed at the Washington Mutual President’s Club Awards Dinner in 2006—you know, around the same time that the company was building itself a “mortgage time bomb.” A full transcript of the event—including all the lyrics of the song—was introduced as evidence at yesterday’s Senate Permanent Investigations Subcommittee hearing.

You can read the full first verse in the image at left, and you can see the full transcript at Dealbreaker, complete with stage directions like, “Kathy and her rappers move into the audience tossing paper play money into the crowd. ” The song ends by repeatedly exhorting the audience to “make me big bucks.” And, according to Politico, at the same event they held a mock funeral for competing subprime lender Countrywide Financial—which would be a lot funnier if both companies hadn't actually died two years later, taking much of the financial system with them.

Okay...so this really incensed me. I would like to see more prosecutions.

Jillian

--------------------

"Disappointments are inevitable. Discouragement is a choice."
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 14-Apr-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Jillian

Yes I feel the same way. As for prosecutions, these people are big contributors to the political system and they still move the machine so to speak so only time will tell.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt