Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Member Welcome, Introduce yourself to the community.
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 03-Nov-2002, 07:11 AM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

::viking Well Catriona, I'm sure mac will fix that as soon as he can get a round toit, but his computer is giving him trouble.  He forgot some simple rules for upgrading, and now it is rejecting new parts. ::hehe
I can see there is no U in Fantasy.
PMEmail Poster               
Welsh Guy 
Posted: 04-Nov-2002, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Paris, France

Arrrghhh Now I'm a Braveheart member!! the greatest Holywood travesty of British History, watch out Catriona, 3 more posts and you'll have it too!!

--------------------
Quand tout renaît à l'espérance
PMEmail Poster               
Catriona 
Posted: 04-Nov-2002, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Banned Member

ZodiacBirch

WG - Please, God, NO....... I would almost lose the will to live  :D

Yes, it's true, Cabbagehome, I'm useless at the whole fantasy thing......   :(   I'm me - and that's all I ask to be....  I don't need or want fancy titles, they make me uncomfortable!  ;)

Braveheart - Mel Gibson and that film has a lot to answer for - the history as shown in that film was complete rubbish....

I just wish, for once, history would be allowed to be shown, warts an aw, instead of the stupid Hollywood embellishments.  I MEAN.... that WOAD....  whitsatawaboot as we would say? :D

I've edited this because, I AM A BRAVEHEART thingy..... AAARRRGH    ::lol
PMEmail Poster               
Welsh Guy 
Posted: 04-Nov-2002, 06:00 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Paris, France

Oh my God I'm sorry, I was too late to warn you
PMEmail Poster               
Catriona 
Posted: 04-Nov-2002, 06:06 PM
Quote Post

Banned Member

ZodiacBirch

heheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
:D  :)  :p  :D  ::lol  :)D  :)  :D
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 05-Nov-2002, 06:40 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

::viking WG & C you think Hollywood has messed up  British History, just guess what it has done to West U S history which is closer for them to film. There is nothing like going to the movies and rooting for the bad guys, which you know is going to loose.
Tell you what as soon as you reach 200 posts you can choose your own title and the you can be I am who I am. So how about more info on who you are, and why titles make you uncomfortable.
PMEmail Poster               
Kaia 
Posted: 05-Nov-2002, 08:21 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Portugal

(note) Although the film isn´t true to history, the sound track of braveheart is great...And here I listen several times to parts of it (Clannad, especialy).

So, don´t be too upset about the title, Catriona!!

::music

Kaia
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 05-Nov-2002, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I agree 100% about Hollywood messing up what is true and what isn't.  Hollywood wants to please the crowd, and the crowd wants fantasy, so of course the truth goes out the door...A Bad thing in my opinion...I have a history channel on our local cabel and sometimes they have some great programs, in fact they did a series about the Braveheart film and went thru what was fact and what wasn't.  The thing is, not everyone wants to know the truth.  They just kinda go along with the flow!  :rolleyes

Here in the states, as a young girl growing up, the films always marked the Native American Indians as bad guys.  They portrayed them as murdering, scalping,savages.  When I started researching my family history, I found out I had some Cherokee Indian in my family.  I started doing more research on the Indians and found out that they were just trying  to survive. All their lands was taken, they were lied to by the US government, they were given supplies that were disease ridden, some did convert to the white ways, I guess they did it thinking they were going to have a better life  and some stood their ground for what they thought was right and fought til the end.  In my opinion if any one race of people could cry how unfair they have been treated, it is the Native American Indian.  I could go on and on about this, but I won't!  
Anyway, Everyone have a nice day today, it is raining here in the mountains of WV.  Not unusual for it seems it always rains on election day.

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Catriona 
Posted: 05-Nov-2002, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Banned Member

ZodiacBirch

Cabbagehome......  here's my story :D
I am a Scot.  I come from Edinburgh.  I have no title.  I want no title  :D

Titles here have a different meaning than overseas, I think....   I know three people who have a British Title, ie they are called Lady......    they have that title from the Queen.  The only time they use those titles is to get a good table in a restaurant or when they write their name and address out in full  :D

I'm really uncomfortable with role playing/fantasy type boards - I tend to avoid them  :)

My family are proud Scots, and we have no other bloodlines - certainly in the past 400 years or so - I cannot vouch for earlier than that time, as written history is hard to come by!;) I am not too keen on all this sham clan stuff either.... :(   Sorry if that offends anyone here, I truly don't mean to upset anyone here...   BUT, the clan system is DEAD - granted there are clan societies - but a lot of them, particularly the ones based in the USA don't even ask for proof of connection - you just have to express an interest in the 'works and names of the clan'..... I mean.... how real is that?

However, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade  ::lol   Just cos I don't like it, doesn't mean I have a problem with anyone else buying into fantasy titles .......     :D
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 06-Nov-2002, 06:07 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

::viking Oh maggiemahone1, you're a tame indian. I'm afraid our dog solders, were not to nice to your tribe, after it was take on the trail of tears, and settled in Oklahoma.
::hmm Catriona I guess when you grow up with titles lording over you, you would rezent them. You have a title somewhere I bet. Someones daughter at least. We may have to make you Historian of Scotland, or Two feet in Scotland, or ?.  ::hehe
PMEmail Poster               
Catriona 
Posted: 07-Nov-2002, 06:03 AM
Quote Post

Banned Member

ZodiacBirch

No one was 'lording' it over me, Cabbagehome  ::lol

And yes, probably, there are a few titles in my history, but way back (that holds good for most of us, after all, go back far enough and we are ALL related!;) - but I have no interest in that side of things :)

Like most Scots, I learned the history of my country, in detail, at school....  However, if I come across as a  'hectoring know-it-all' then I apologise :D
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 07-Nov-2002, 10:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
246,908 Gold!

The titles were just a fun way to make use of the ranking system on the message board. I am completely open to a new ranking system if anyone has a good idea. Just send me an email and we can discuss on here. Otherwise, we shall stick with what we got.

:)D

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 11-Nov-2002, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

::viking Catriona the titles I was refuring to were ones that you hold now, ie daughter, son, mother, father, aunt, uncle, etc.
I guess if I went far enough back, I could find a cheif. That would make me, still just a squaw.
PMEmail Poster               
Falachaidh 
Posted: 16-Nov-2002, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Central Florida

Funny thing, the medieval organization I re-enact in uses titles all the time. Though, you have to earn your title. Lord or Lady you earn when you do enough service work and people recognize you. they write letters, then our 'king and queen' call you up in court and hand you a scroll. There are others such as Baron and Baroness.. granted by the king and queen. Count and Duke when you have sat on the throne so many times.. etc.
In no way are these used outside of our re-enactment. But it's interesting to see how they come into play, as our group tries to be as close to the middle ages as possible.. with England the center.
Of course, none of it is mandatory. Like me.. I just go and have some fun. :)

As far as this baord, is definately not roll-playing. We just share information ..good and bad. :)
glad you're here :)

--------------------
Dance Life to the Fullest.
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 18-Nov-2002, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

::viking I vote we keep the titles. But I do love hearing from our Edinburgh connection.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]