> Your Favorite Artists, Past and present
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 06:00 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Silverdragen! That is just too cool to be doing film. I wish you the very best with that. I have a friend in L.A. who is an aspiring actress. She has taken acting classes and now has an agent and doing auditions, so I know it is a tough business and very competitive. But all us artists know all about that stuff, don't we?

Loved the other painting from Earle! He is really very unique, isn't he? Thanks for sharing.

Barddas! So which one is you in the photo of you and your band mate? Like to put a face with a name. Not sure which music is yours yet as I am new here and still trying to learn all the music being played!

Thanks for sharing the artists. Really awesome work both artists. Very monochromatic the one artist, Gieger. I loved the faeries by Froud. My favorite one was of Syphl. (Think I spelled that right).

I love fantasy art too. Love the work of Amy Brown's work.

her site is http://www.amybrownart.com to see all her faeries. smile.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
oldraven 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Props to Barddas. Giger is an amazing artist, and quite imaginative. Tod MacFarlane is another, and M.C. Escher. All great for thier time.

If you want to see an up and comer who will knock your socks off, check out Enayla. She does primarily photoshop painting, but believe me, there's no trickery there. It's 100% freehand done with a Wacom tablet.

My favorite of hers. Autumn Whisperlings.

A detial shot A W detial.

Her Entire DA Gallery.

Since most of her work is commisioned, Nelicquele is her only available print through DA. If you want it, just click on print available and follow the road signs.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

OMG! OldRaven! I have seen one piece of Enayla's work before, but could never remember her name! Her work is phenomenal. Not sure what a Wacom tablet is since I am not computer illiterate. But thank you for sharing her work. Wow! She is amazing!
barddas 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Dec 1 2003, 08:00 PM)

Barddas! So which one is you in the photo of you and your band mate? Like to put a face with a name. Not sure which music is yours yet as I am new here and still trying to learn all the music being played!

Thanks for sharing the artists. Really awesome work both artists. Very monochromatic the one artist, Gieger. I loved the faeries by Froud. My favorite one was of Syphl. (Think I spelled that right).

I love fantasy art too. Love the work of Amy Brown's work.

her site is http://www.amybrownart.com to see all her faeries. smile.gif

I am the one with the long blonde hair..... smile.gif

Boris Valaja(sp) is good too.. I just wish he wouldn't combind sci-fi and mythology figures ....

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
barddas 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 08:09 AM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

QUOTE (oldraven @ Dec 1 2003, 08:26 PM)
Props to Barddas. Giger is an amazing artist, and quite imaginative. Tod MacFarlane is another, and M.C. Escher. All great for thier time.

So OldRaven, does this mean I am not the only comic book reader here??!!!!
Tod MacFarlane does great work! I loved hisSpiderman series back in the early 90's. Jim Lee is Awesome too! His work on Batman has really been nice....
PMEmail Poster                
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 03:24 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

I too love Waterhouse's work. I really have many favorites from different periods. For instance, from the Renaissance period I love Da Vinci, Michelangelo, and Raphael. From the Baroque Rembrandt is my favorite, while Monet, Manet, Renoir, and Degas are my favorites from the Impressionist movement. From the Post-Impressionists, van Gogh and Gauguin are nice, while from Expressionism Henri Matisse is my favorite. I do admire Picasso's work even though most of his inspiration seem to come from an overactive sex drive (Picasso is the Master I researched in College. I chose the one I least understood, so I could learn something new). There are countless others I admire.

Art is my passion. In my art studio I have a lot of my own work hanging up. Other artist's work hanging on my wall are Renoir's and Monets.

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 04:15 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (barddas @ Dec 2 2003, 09:06 AM)
I am the one with the long blonde hair..... smile.gif

Boris Valaja(sp) is good too.. I just wish he wouldn't combind sci-fi and mythology figures ....

Well barrdas, you are the nice looking one then! wink.gif smile.gif You and Eowyn would go good together! rolleyes.gif

Never heard of the artist you speak of. Gotta research that one.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 04:26 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Roisin! I love your name! It means "little Rose" in Irish, does it not?

You love a lot of the same artist I do! Now I took art history many years ago but I truly forgot what era which artist falls into so thank you for adding that too. I also love Mary Cassat. I have a calendar of hers hung in my art studio.

Now I am interested in what type of artwork you do, Roisin? Why have we not seen any pictures of your work in the artwork thread? I would love to see your work. I have been obnoxious enough to show my stuff in there. Do you work full-time as an artist? Come show and tell in the artwork thread....please!
silverdragon 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Tarzana, CA

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Dec 2 2003, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (barddas @ Dec 2 2003, 09:06 AM)
I am the one with the long blonde hair.....  smile.gif

Well barrdas, you are the nice looking one then! wink.gif smile.gif You and Eowyn would go good together! rolleyes.gif

Never heard of the artist you speak of. Gotta research that one.

PMFJI, but I believe the correct spelling is Boris Vallejo. he produces tasty calendars each year...

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?
Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow
Who shall gather the smoke of the dead wood burning
Or behold the flowing years from the Sea returning?

~ J.R.R. Tolkien

My blog: Almost, but not quite, entirely unrelated to filmmaking
PMEmail Poster                
oldraven 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 09:14 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (barddas @ Dec 2 2003, 07:09 AM)
QUOTE (oldraven @ Dec 1 2003, 08:26 PM)

So OldRaven, does this mean I am not the only comic book reader here??!!!!
Tod MacFarlane does great work! I loved hisSpiderman series back in the early 90's. Jim Lee is Awesome too! His work on Batman has really been nice....

I used to read a lot of comics, buying up all the old ones I could for a quarter at the used book stores, and always buying when I could aford new. Also read a lot of my older brother's comics. But it's been a while. I do remember Jim Lee's Batman though. Quite unique, and was crazy with the textures and solid shading (big black shadows all over the place).

Batman & Nightwing

My all time favorite series was X-men's Age of Appocolypse (X-men Deluxe, '97-98ish). One heck of a mad line. I still don't know how it ended, and it's driving me out of my mind. The series where Prof X's son goes back in time to kill Eric but kills his father instead, allowing Appocolypse to emerge early and take over the planet. You'd have loved it. Good guys were now bad, bad guy's were good. So cool.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Dec-2003, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (silverdragon @ Dec 2 2003, 05:29 PM)
PMFJI, but I believe the correct spelling is Boris Vallejo. he produces tasty calendars each year...

Silverdragen! Amazing piece of artwork there. I have never heard of that artist, but the fantasy genre is a bit of a new world for me. Being a painter myself, I have worked exclusively with Native American portraiture, so I have kept up with that world for many many years. One of my favorite southwest artists is Don Crowley. His website is http://www/doncrowley.com but here is an example of his work.

Posted: 03-Dec-2003, 02:04 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

The Crowley is amazing, CelticRose. Thanks!

silverdragon 
Posted: 03-Dec-2003, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Tarzana, CA

female

Oops... that last was mine... hadn't logged in... sorry
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Dec-2003, 02:22 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Silverdragon! this is my other favorite southwest artist. I have several of his prints hung in my home.! The artist is Howard Terpening. http://.www.katsgallery.com

Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 07-Dec-2003, 01:44 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Dec 2 2003, 04:26 PM)
Roisin! I love your name! It means "little Rose" in Irish, does it not?

You love a lot of the same artist I do! Now I took art history many years ago but I truly forgot what era which artist falls into so thank you for adding that too. I also love Mary Cassat. I have a calendar of hers hung in my art studio.

Now I am interested in what type of artwork you do, Roisin? Why have we not seen any pictures of your work in the artwork thread? I would love to see your work. I have been obnoxious enough to show my stuff in there. Do you work full-time as an artist? Come show and tell in the artwork thread....please!

Hi Rosemary,

I know I'm answering you so late, but I just stumbled upon your post. I did get your PM. No, I do not work fulltime as an artist, but would oneday love to. My art is both abstract and realistic. I sculpt abstract designs and paint and draw realistic scenes and people. Like I said in my PM, when I'm able to get my scanner up and running, I'll post a few things.

Oh, by the way I loved Art History at the University. When you study what past Masters have created it inspires you.
I also went and took a look at your art you posted----LOVE THEM! I noticed that they were done in either charcoal, pastels, and oils. Your subject matter is very interesting as well. I especially love the American Indians and the different dogs you created. angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]