Patriot1776 
Posted: 22-Mar-2009, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: North Carolina

male

Hello everybody, I'm back. I left for about three months due to heavy metal and country music binge. biggrin.gif I'm back though after getting a couple new vinyl LPs of some of the music on here, one of Dropkick Murphys' The Warrior's Code and Flogging Molly's Within A Mile Of Home. Got me wanting to get back here. ^^

So, how's everybody here? I've had to deal with a family problem as of late, one that didn't however involve the a family member doing something bad, more a system treating them bad.

--------------------
LP Vinyl Enthusiast - It really needs to be in LP vinyl format for me to most certainly get it. ^^

"Your brother brought me silver, and your sister warmed my soul, but now I laugh and pull so hard and see you swinging from the gallows pole!" - from the Led Zeppelin song "Gallows Pole", 'Led Zeppelin III' album.
PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 22-Mar-2009, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Well Welcome Back biggrin.gif So other then your heavy metal and country binge hows life with you? You have missed some really great contests like the one we had Friday night(Late St. Paddy's Day give away). Next time don't be gone for so long. cheers.gif

Do you carry your note pad for the girls telphone numbers?

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Leelee 
Posted: 22-Mar-2009, 08:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Welcome back, Patriot1776!! biggrin.gif beer_mug.gif
PM               
Patriot1776 
Posted: 22-Mar-2009, 09:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

I am Harlot! Money's been too tight though to hang out at the bar as of late sadly. I'm down to working two days a week at work to keep my Medicaid from being jeopardized, but at least they still want me to come in. My employer's one of the bright spots in the county. We're starting to outgrow our 50,000 sq. ft. facility and I heard we're considering ways to expand it now. The work we do is so good that a company recently relocated some of its military sewing jobs from Puerto Rico to us and that created another 25-30 jobs in the plant.

The most stressful thing I've been dealing with, that's now resolved finally, was the family ordeal. All I'll say is that for a few days, we were wondering if brother was going to be kicked out of college through no fault of his own.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Mar-2009, 10:06 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome back patriot1776 it's nice to see you again. Sorry to hear bout the law troubles. Family can take up a lot of time and stress. I am glad it's working out for you. I look forward to you posting again.

Slainte....oh good tast in music I might add.
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 23-Mar-2009, 05:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Welcome back patriot1776 and I sincerely hope things will get better for you...we all have our private lives after all and important things we must deal with on our own time.

See ya in the forum!!!

LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Patriot1776 
Posted: 23-Mar-2009, 06:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Thanks much everybody!

Just now giving the 'BlueGrass Hills' station a try. I've now also got a vinyl version of Raising Sand on the way, the American Roots album by Robert Plant and Allison Krauss. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 23-Mar-2009, 08:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Welcome back Patriot1776!!!! cheers.gif
It is good to have you home.

Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
dundee 
Posted: 23-Mar-2009, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (Patriot1776 @ 22-Mar-2009, 07:30 PM)
Hello everybody, I'm back. I left for about three months due to heavy metal and country music binge. biggrin.gif I'm back though after getting a couple new vinyl LPs of some of the music on here, one of Dropkick Murphys' The Warrior's Code and Flogging Molly's Within A Mile Of Home. Got me wanting to get back here. ^^

So, how's everybody here? I've had to deal with a family problem as of late, one that didn't however involve the a family member doing something bad, more a system treating them bad.

Allison Krauss and Robert Plant is forgivable .... BUT HEAVY METAL!!!!!????

go stand in the corner!!! note.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patriot1776 
Posted: 23-Mar-2009, 10:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (dundee @ 23-Mar-2009, 09:45 AM)
QUOTE (Patriot1776 @ 22-Mar-2009, 07:30 PM)
Hello everybody, I'm back.  I left for about three months due to heavy metal and country music binge.  biggrin.gif  I'm back though after getting a couple new vinyl LPs of some of the music on here, one of Dropkick Murphys' The Warrior's Code and Flogging Molly's Within A Mile Of Home.  Got me wanting to get back here. ^^

So, how's everybody here?  I've had to deal with a family problem as of late, one that didn't however involve the a family member doing something bad, more a system treating them bad.

Allison Krauss and Robert Plant is forgivable .... BUT HEAVY METAL!!!!!????

go stand in the corner!!! note.gif

What can I say, my music interests are DIVERSE. tongue.gif

Besides, brother and I like to play music together a lot, and that's what he most often wants to play. Unlike me, he's not as much into our Celtic Radio music as I am.

Anyway, I've now fallen for BlueGrass Hills, the music closest to the part of the Southern Appalachians that I live in. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Taliesin 
Posted: 23-Mar-2009, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Central Valley, California, USA

male

I HAVE to defend Patriot1776's taste in heavy metal. smile.gif Apart from Celtic, Heavy Metal is one of my top favorites. I tend to lean more toward the symphonic metal like Symphony X, Nightwish, Sirenia, Within Temptation, etc.

I am a classically trained clarinetist, and can honestly say that metal owes SO MUCH to classical. smile.gif

I also like classical. J.S. Bach is my favorite composer, with Handel, Beethoven, etc. close behind. smile.gif

--------------------
-Taliesin

A Scotsman Abroad
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Patriot1776 
Posted: 23-Mar-2009, 12:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Indeed Taliesin. It was found recently in a study that Classical Music lovers and Heavy Metal lovers have a lot in common, and the article I read that talked about the study even suggested that if Beethoven was alive today, he possibly would have been hanging out with the likes of Cliff Burton and Dave Mustaine.

Taliesin, what group's flavor of Metal do you think best represents what Metallica could have gone on to sound like had Cliff Burton not died tragically? For me and brother, Metallica's zenith song for us is the instrumental Orion. Brother believes the prog-metal group Mastodon resembles in ways what Metallica could have gone on to sound like had Cliff Burton lived and been able to continue playing and refine his songwriting ideas.
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]