Swanny 
Posted: 27-Jun-2006, 11:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

Many schools use the NRA's "Eddy Eagle" program to teach elementary kids about gun safety (don't touch, tell an adult). In many areas hunter education classes are offered in schools as an elective. I'm not familiar with any requiring it, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I would also like to see firearm's safety addressed in the schools, but I doubt it will happen on a wide spread basis just because so many anti- fanatics would let out such a high-pitched screech that every dog in the U.S. would be howling in response.

Swanny

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 28-Jun-2006, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

Hey! This is primarly to our Canadian friends here. Did you hear that Canada is going to try to repeal their manditory gun registration for long guns? I think it's about time. The reason? Because crime with guns has gone up since the law was passed. An RCMP representive was on Fox news and sta Imagine that! I say it's a GOOD THING! See this link from CTV

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 04-Jul-2006, 08:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Happy 4th of July to all! Never forget your 2nd ammendment nor those who died or thought to keep it. England fought to take it away and today they're realizing with the increase in gun crime by criminals and thugs that disarming the law biding does NOTHING! Thank God the British didn't win 230 years ago. This is coming from one whos relitives fought in the British army during the revolution.
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 04-Jul-2006, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Happy 4th of July to all! Never forget your 2nd ammendment nor those who died or fought to keep it. England fought to take it away and today they're realizing with the increase in gun crime by criminals and thugs that disarming the law biding does NOTHING! Thank God the British didn't win 230 years ago. This is coming from one whos relitives fought in the British army during the revolution.
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 06-Jul-2006, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Hope everyone had a great 4th. Anyone who thinks the NRA is just a bunch of gun toating red necks better think again. The NRA was able to sway the UN from holding a meeting that concerns a push for a world wide gun ban. So to all the anti gun folks who think the NRA isn't very powerful better think again.
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 24-Jul-2006, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Just a reminder, owning a gun is a RIGHT, not a privilidge.
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 27-Jul-2006, 04:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

biggrin.gif Did every one here the good news? The House passed a bill protecting gun owners from having their guns confiscated during an emergency. This is what happened in New Orleans after Hurricain Katrina last year. Now all gun owners are alowedto stay armed even at the shelters. This is a victory for the NRA. Look at the link.http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/Releases.aspx?ID=7934 biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                
stoirmeil 
Posted: 27-Jul-2006, 11:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

OK, Nova Scotian, you've been talking to yourself in here long enough. smile.gif

This should interest you, and some of the other gun enthusiasts -- a 400-year-old Scottish gun was found in Jamestown, Virginia. The article is interesting enough, but it's the commentary by readers about the find and what it signifies that's entertaining and thought provoking.

ARCHAEOLOGISTS have uncovered a rare but perfectly preserved early 17th-century Scottish pistol at the historic former British colony known as the birthplace of the United States, making the firearm one of the oldest artefacts of European origin ever discovered in North America.

The weapon probably belonged to one of the first settlers to arrive at Jamestown, Virginia, in 1607, and was recovered from a well at the site with several other "hugely significant" artefacts.

http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1089102006
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 27-Jul-2006, 03:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

What an incredible find. The Scottish Pistol is one of the most graceful and beautiful firearms ever designed. Made with a steel stock, they were made to be fired going into the fight, then dropped to free up the hands for the claymore and dirk for the close work. If the fighter survived he would then reclaim his pistol, which since it had a steel stock, would be unbroken. I have seen one example that had mace blades around the muzzle, for use after it was fired. I wish I could see a picture of this one.

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 27-Jul-2006, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

well -- this is not the new Jamestown find, but it is a picture of the remains of a snaphaunce pistol of the period found at the same site:

http://www.apva.org/ngex/c9snap.html

PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 27-Jul-2006, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

What an awsome find! I'd love to own an antique musket some day or even an old pistol from years back. thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 28-Jul-2006, 03:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 27-Jul-2006, 04:25 PM)
What an incredible find. The Scottish Pistol is one of the most graceful and beautiful firearms ever designed. Made with a steel stock, they were made to be fired going into the fight, then dropped to free up the hands for the claymore and dirk for the close work. If the fighter survived he would then reclaim his pistol, which since it had a steel stock, would be unbroken. I have seen one example that had mace blades around the muzzle, for use after it was fired. I wish I could see a picture of this one.

beer_mug.gif

I'm just glad you and me have something we can agree on in here beer_mug.gif
Are you a member of the NRA by the way?
PMEmail Poster                
Dogshirt 
Posted: 28-Jul-2006, 04:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Lifetime! We also have the Clan. Did you get letters about restructuring the House of Gordon? If not, send me an address and I'll send you a copy. It is kind of confusing what the plan is, but after the meeting at the games this weekend I hope it will be clearer.

beer_mug.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 28-Jul-2006, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 28-Jul-2006, 05:38 PM)
Lifetime! We also have the Clan. Did you get letters about restructuring the House of Gordon? If not, send me an address and I'll send you a copy. It is kind of confusing what the plan is, but after the meeting at the games this weekend I hope it will be clearer.

beer_mug.gif

Yes I would be interested in seeing. Do you need a home address or e-mail? thumbs_up.gif

Thanks
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 03-Aug-2006, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Did anyone hear about the Marine in Lawrence, Mass. who was aquited for defending his family? I'm not going to get into it but I think it should never have gone to trial. I say, WAY TO GO SARG!!! biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]