Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Question Only Thread, Question, anyone?
stoirmeil 
Posted: 08-Aug-2005, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Allen, don't you know how easy it is to mistake a lad for a lass on line, when all you have is an avatar and a first initial to go on? biggrin.gif

And isn't that a bummer, Rindy, to lose a text you really thought about right before posting it? sad.gif

Do you know what's EVEN WORSE than stinky old New York muggy hot summer? Did you guess construction going on in the next building, so all the cockroaches run over to YOUR building? fear.gif disgust.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 08-Aug-2005, 11:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

Did you know...that I agree? Cockroaches are very unpleasant things aren't they? I would send rain - if I had any to spare, maybe we could share? I guess I should add, I assume A. Lynch (aka Alex) was male too, you know what happens when you assume? So, I have washed my dishes, my kids are in bed...can you guess what I get to do next? If you guessed fill out papers for back to school - you'd be right...is that what you guessed?

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 09-Aug-2005, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Agh, back to school, is it already that time? ohmy.gif And have the kids grown so much that their ankles and wrists are hanging out of all their old clothes, so you have to spend a $$pile$$ on new ones? Do they get their books free from the school system, or do you have to buy those too?
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 09-Aug-2005, 01:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

yep it is time but it is very early don't you think? to go back to school. My older ones are topped out in height (but both taller than me by an inch or two)But the little ones...they never seem to stop growing do they? Books are free but other things (at the high school) are not - same everywhere? I don't kow but wish I did. My sister just called, her battery is dead...guess who gets to help her? Did you guess me? If you did...yeppers you are right - but what are sisters for? Can we all have a lovely day? Is it too hot? too humid? Can we go to the beach? river? stream? pool? ice cream shop? what do you do at the end of summer?
stoirmeil 
Posted: 09-Aug-2005, 07:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Wasn't it the nicest half hour I just spent, in the fresh cool evening, watching a Fujifilm blimp circling serenely around in the dark sky like a big fish in deep water? Hard to believe how something like that can just slow you right down like a good hypnotist and take all the tension away, isn't it?

Ooooohhh -- are we getting ice cream? Are we? Are we? laugh.gif Can I have two scoops and sprinkles? coffee flavor on the bottom and chocolate on top, can I can I can I???????

Is Wiz going to tell me I have a curly tail again? sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 09-Aug-2005, 11:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,533 Gold!

Did you know that I haven't been around much lately? (medical issues) Did you know that to catch up, I looked some people up? Arizona Amy, did you know that you were born the day after I started my freshman semester at UNC-CH?

Stoirmeil, did you know that The Summer Walkers is my favorite song?

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 10-Aug-2005, 12:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,533 Gold!

I was reading some topic titles and did you know that in my opinion, "The Problem of Sects" depends entirely on whether they are "Out" or "In" "Sects"?

What kind of problem might Shamalama or Wizard of Owls have with "North Sea Gas"? Is "North Sea Gas" worse than good ole pinto beans gas? Will Beano prevent the problem?

What other topic titles are lurking with double meanings? Can anyone tell us?
stoirmeil 
Posted: 10-Aug-2005, 11:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 10-Aug-2005, 12:50 AM)

Stoirmeil, did you know that The Summer Walkers is my favorite song?

Grand, isn't it? My favorite of Runrig's songs, wouldn't you know? And didn't I have to go and search for images of all the places named in the song so I could see them in my mind, and then find out all about the geological formations? Have you seen pictures of Arkle especially, and what an amazing formation it is? Don't you think it looks like somebody froze a white whale in the middle of sounding?

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/achf...ages/arkle1.jpg

And isn't this a grand sight of the "long winding shores of Loch Maree"?:
http://www.theoldmillhighlandlodge.co.uk/215.jpg

And can you think how sad I was, when I heard that Robin Cook died walking up Stack, when I could bring to my mind so easily the look and the beauty of it, and what he must have been seeing from near the summit, and if he had to leave, what a wonderful place to be taken from?

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/achf...hfary/benstack/
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 10-Aug-2005, 01:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,533 Gold!

Did you know that I too looked up all the places mentioned? Did you know the greatest (and most emotional) pull for me is imagining how my late brother would have loved the song? Do you know I can "hear" him and our sister and me singing that song (though he never heard it)?

Isn't that (when the time comes) a really grand place to go? Are there even words to describe how much better that is than the walls of a hospital room?
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 10-Aug-2005, 01:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Do you know that I have not met you yet CarolinaScotsman? But would you like to know that I am glad to make your acquaintence? You've not been well? I am sorry to hear that but can you believe that I am glad you are better? Well, I am! So you started college the day before I was born? Wasn't that a wonderful time to start? (it must have been lucky for you as I find my birthday to be quite lucky!)I am also happy to hear of more Runrig fans!? Did you know that I also love Runrig? Tis true...Can we talk more RR in the future? I would be happy to, would you? Thanks for the links stoirmeil...I've not looked up those places in particular but I certainly think I should, don't you? I guess this will do it for now - or maybe not? we shall see, will we hear more from you both? I hope so, don't I???
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 10-Aug-2005, 02:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,533 Gold!

Do you know, it depends on how "high" I am? Did you know I'm waiting for surgery and "they" have me on very heavy duty pain killers? But did you know that that is the only way I can walk until I have the surgery? Did you know you can't tell whether I'm walking "that way" because I'm doped up or because I'm not doped up? unsure.gif
stoirmeil 
Posted: 10-Aug-2005, 02:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 10-Aug-2005, 03:37 PM)
Did you know you can't tell whether I'm walking "that way" because I'm doped up or because I'm not doped up? unsure.gif

Is that a bummer or what? sad.gif
Do I need to add I think that stinks entirely, especially for someone that loves the rugged country adn asks nothing more than to travel through it on his own two legs?
And doesn't it go without saying that I hope the surgery goes well, and you will be the strongest of next year's summer walkers?
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 10-Aug-2005, 02:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

sad.gif Ohh...CarolinaScotsman...I am sorry...is it ok if I ask about your troubles? If it is ok...well then...what are the troubles? Can it be fixed with surgery? Will you be able to walk w/out pain meds? When will you have your surgery? Do you know that I've had my share of medical issues and well what can you do? Humm...what your doctor says usually...but I hope you know that we'll be thinking about you here (and a prayer or two if you don't mind). Keep us informed - you should know then that you'll be missed, don't you? Well...I got more rain at my house last night - how did you all pass the evening? I like this thread, don't you??
Rindy 
Posted: 10-Aug-2005, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Did you know that I say hand in there Carolina? Do you know I am so sorry to hear all of this? How long has this been going on? Do you know I will be thinking of you?
Are you READY for school to start Amy?
Stoirmeil did you know I loved those sites? Do you know I love mountains?

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 11-Aug-2005, 12:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Am I ready for school? I guess I should say yes, they went back on Monday...Rindy - did you know that I love mountains too? Do you know I feel happy when looking out at a lovely view? I bet you do too, don't you? Do you hike? Sadly, I do not but I guess I could learn right? Can you guess that I am watching a wonderful program on PBS right now? Celtic women singing from Dublin, great eh? Could you guess I was having trouble making that a question? Welp - guess I should start the dishwasher and find my bed, day starts early huh? Well, I hope we'll all have a great day tomorrow, or at least give it a good try?!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]