Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Enter at own risk!

The Philosophy, Science & Religion forum has been created as an unmoderated forum. The issues discussed here can and will get very intense. Please show respect and appreciation to alternative views posted here. We appreciate your consideration.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Whatever Happened To Doing The Right Thing?, your opinion please...
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 05-Jun-2009, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

This just happened at a high school near me. It is in fact ongoing.
A graduating senior hacked into the school computer network and had stolen computer files, including exams, with the correct answers. This info was shared with an unspecified number of other seniors. Many others knew of what was going on. The school found out and the Board subsequently cancelled the graduation ceremony. The students, except for the perpetrator of the whole thing, will still receive their diplomas, except there will be no ceremony, etc.

Now...on a local message board where this is being discussed, I am alarmed to see how many people justify the silence of the students who knew what was going on, but chose not say anything, simply because you don't "narc" on other people.

So what they are saying is if you witness a wrongdoing, even a crime, you keep silent just so you can stay in good standing with the perpetrators? (this all has to do with popularity, not violence).
Seriously?!?! What happened to doing the right thing. Could they have not reported this crime (and I understand it is a crime) anonymously? I guess I am appalled by the attitude of many that even it what someone does something wrong and criminal, you keep your mouth shut!

I am curious about everyone's opinion. Sorry for the long explanation.

cheers
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 29-Jun-2009, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

It is a sad commentary on where we are headed!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 29-Jun-2009, 07:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

People today have NO grasp of reality any more. Do they think this is a case of "boys will be boys"? HELLO!!! This BOY will grow up thinking that he will be protected from "the little things" his whole life. I know this because I still live in my home town, and there are still a couple of Aholes that got away with this sort of shite in our youth, that are STILL trying to get away with shite today. And they are ALWAYS incredulous when someone calls them on it!
I have raised big, dangerous dogs for most of my life, and if you let THEM get away with things it can take a LOOONG time to correct bad habits! Slap them down early and you will usually never have to deal with it again. Kids are harder, but the same applys.
As for the rest of the community that knew, don't graduate ANY of them! They ALL need to know that this is unacceptable!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
flora 
Posted: 29-Jun-2009, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

How many programs on tv glorify this very act? I believe most kids have a sense that there will be no consequences if caught and that it is up to the administration to catch the wrongdoer. Many feel if no one was doing something that would "harm" someone else they don't need to inform on them. Unfortunately they look at physical harm and not morality. It sounds like this was quite a large group for them to cancel the whole graduation. Maybe what stopped some from saying anything was they had no proof.

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]