Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

Herrerano .... I live in the province of Herrera, on the Azuero Peninsula in the land between the seas. In Spanish it is how you say 'a man from Herrera'. This part of the country is where the oldest Spanish settlements are in the Americas, and is the heart and soul of Panama. The seat of most of the Spanish based folklore and traditions.

Leo cool.gif

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
Dugadelphia 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: The Pacific Northwest...land of tall trees, blue water, software and endless lattes

male

My screen name is merely an attempt at originality and has no deeper meaning. I often make up words with my kids or add endings onto real words, "delphia" being one of those. Why "Dug?" I honestly do not remember why I came up with that...but nobody else seems to use it biggrin.gif

--------------------
Welcome to the Machine...
PMEmail Poster               
Spradley 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 01:24 PM
Quote Post

Rocky Mtn Highlander and Renaissance Scot
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Colorado

male

My screen name is a shortened form of my nickname "Spradley Barr" from my days as a mechanic.

Slainte
beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Sláinte

Brad

Deus Juvat "God Assists"

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Robert A. Heinlein

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
Ceciliastar1 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ohio.

female

QUOTE (Avonlea22 @ 30-Aug-2004, 05:41 PM)
Avonlea part is a fictional town in the Canadian province of Prince Edward Island, made famous by author L.M. Montgomery, in her story Anne of Green Gables (see my signature). I'm a very big Anne of Green Gables, Road to Avonlea, Prince Edward Island (PEI) and Canada fan.

That's so cool! I thought I was like the only one who enjoyed Anne of Green Gables. Have you ever seen the PBS version of the story? I loved it.

--------------------
There's a dear little plant that grows in our Isle
Twas St . Patrick himself, sure, that set it;
And the sun of his labour with pleasure did smile,
And with dew from his eye often wet it.
It grows through the bog, through the brake, through the
Mireland, and they call it the dear little shamrock of Ireland.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
coastman 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Coastal Georgia

male

I use coastman. I run Georgia's coastal waters from St. Catherine's Island to the tip of Little St. Simon's Island and out 20 nautical miles. Hence the name coastman. If I had used waterman that would imply that I was from the Chessapeak Bay area. I make a few dollars in the "tourist" business on occasion.
PMEmail Poster               
Ciarda Lili 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Child of the Dark Lily
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: NorthEastern Pennsylvania, US

female

My name is a combination of two of my favorite book chars. Liriel Baenre is the daughter of Gromph Baenre, the oldest living son of the first house of the drow. He had this child with a minor princess and when he discovered his daughter's ability to hone wizardry he had her mother killed and raised her.

Do'Urden is from Drizzt Do'Urden the secondboy of the House Do'Urden. Left the drow city when he was but a young one and went on to become the greatest ranger despite his heritage.

I had always thought that if Drizzt could have a child or apprentice it would be Liriel, simple because she wasn't as evil as her kin. But of course she didn't take on the honor that Drizzt did when he defied his mother matron.

Liriel was on her own and made her decisions not as black and white but the middle gray.

--------------------
Ciarda Lili

Always live for today.

Growing old is mandatory -- Growing up is optional.
PMEmail Poster               
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 01:59 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

Well my sn is pretty obvious as well. Emerald is my birthstone as well as the color of my eyes. And green just happens to be my favorite color. My father always called me a gypsy queen because it was his way of joking about the fact that I'm always going somewhere. That I will end up being a wanderer.

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 08:22 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

QUOTE (emerald-eyedwanderer @ 01-Sep-2004, 03:59 PM)
Well my sn is pretty obvious as well. Emerald is my birthstone as well as the color of my eyes. And green just happens to be my favorite color. My father always called me a gypsy queen because it was his way of joking about the fact that I'm always going somewhere. That I will end up being a wanderer.

Well I for one am gald that you wandered your way onto CR! Otherwise I might never have had the honor and privilege of getting to know you! hug.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
talleyrand 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Kansas City, Missouri USA

male

Charles Maurice de Talleyrand Perigord was a French statesman, thinker, opportunist, scoundrel, etc. In college, my major went from Electrical Engineering to thinking I was going to switch schools for an intense 6 year med program (undergrad degree + MD), staying there and becoming a Chemical Engineer, realizing that while Chemistry is fun, it has nothing to do with Chemical Engineering and dangit all if programming computers is 100 times more enjoyable than anything else I could think of. So, over the years it took me to figure out what I wanted to do, the one constant in my education was my love of history and UMR has a really good history program (despite being an internationally known institute for engineering, mining and sciences) and Dr. Ridley made me fall in love with European history, specifically French and pretty much from the time of Louis XIV to modern day. Dr. Bogan also rocked because he co-taught two of the courses with Dr. Ridley, which was far cooler than I thought it'd be. Bogan is an art nut and I mean that in a complimentary, Keroauc "mad to be alive" kind of way and he showed me there was a science in painting and how it reflected and/or influenced what was going on in the world of France.

To make a long boring story short, talleyrand was one of the people I wrote a research paper on and while I don't have a Frenchman's perspective on it, I hoped that whenever they'd see someone masquerading as person from their history, they'd get a chuckle similar to seeing a US citizen who sees Grover Cleveland posting on a message board. It's had the added bonus of pretty much not being taken on any board I've come across.

--------------------
I don't think of myself as a lion. You might as well, though - I have a mighty roar.
Jubel Early
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
scotelass 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 09:32 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacOak

female

I have had my name for about 3 years now....ever since I started researching my family tree....my name comes from scotty and lass put together...I tried to spell it as scottylass, but that was taken so i improvised to scotelass...I'm scottish, single and a "youthful" lady...hence the name! cowboy.gif

--------------------
scotelass, clan CUNNINGHAM
PMEmail Poster               
Avonlea22 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 08:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

QUOTE (Ceciliastar1 @ 01-Sep-2004, 03:31 PM)
That's so cool! I thought I was like the only one who enjoyed Anne of Green Gables. Have you ever seen the PBS version of the story? I loved it.

I've not only seen the PBS version, but I own all three (did you know there were three stories?) on DVD. They were produced by Sullivan Entertainment, and I feel can never be improved upon. He did a fabulous job. I've also seen the stage play 3 times on Prince Edward Island. Anne of Green Gables is Canada's longest running play.

My wife and I are currently working on obtaining all of Road to Avonlea on DVD as it's released. Season 4 is to be released real soon.

Are you a big Anne fan? There is a forum for fans. It's at www.anne3.com Just click on the forum button.

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Annabelle 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

I love the "Anne" series! Can't wait for the next release!

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Avonlea22 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 09:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

QUOTE (Annabelle @ 02-Sep-2004, 11:02 AM)
I love the "Anne" series! Can't wait for the next release!

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there will be another. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 08:38 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 01-Sep-2004, 09:22 PM)
Well I for one am gald that you wandered your way onto CR! Otherwise I might never have had the honor and privilege of getting to know you! hug.gif

I am really glad too, Wizard. I look forward to getting on here and talking to everyone, especially good friends. clap.gif Especially you biggrin.gif
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

QUOTE (emerald-eyedwanderer @ 02-Sep-2004, 10:38 PM)
I am really glad too, Wizard. I look forward to getting on here and talking to everyone, especially good friends. clap.gif Especially you biggrin.gif

Awww shucks! Now look what you've done! You've gone and made me blush! smile.gif You are just too kind!

I enjoy getting on here and talking to all of you guys (and ladies) too! It makes my day so much better knowing that I have such a wonderful group of friends to chat with!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]