> Joys And Concerns
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-May-2004, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Hello friends. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Update: well mother gets released from the hospital today but she has been very beligerent and hateful towards my sister who took her to the hospital to begin with. My mother has been very angry, combative and hateful towards my sister who is trying to do the best she can to take care of her. My sister finally called me yesterday just sobbing. I wondered how long it was going to take..........knowing how nasty my mother can get. anyway, mother is back home now and maybe she will chill out.......maybe not. I just can't imagine my sister wanting to deal with all this for very long. They took my mother off all meds that keep her from having another stroke because they are causing bleeding internally and has had to have two blood tranfusions.

Doggy is much better today............thankfully. It was getting really old cleaning up after him.

Tomorrow I take my van in to the a/c fixed!

Other than that I am doing fine!

how about you all?
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
mercyforme 
Posted: 12-May-2004, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: washington

female

I am assuming you posted about this before...but your sister seems really sweet and loving to keep taking care of your mom even though she is making it hard. Why is your mom acting so mean to her daughter who is taking care of her?? And are you taking the stress of your mom being sick ok?? Hope all ends well smile.gif

--------------------
Look Beyond what you see
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 13-May-2004, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (mercyforme @ May 12 2004, 08:35 PM)
I am assuming you posted about this before...but your sister seems really sweet and loving to keep taking care of your mom even though she is making it hard. Why is your mom acting so mean to her daughter who is taking care of her?? And are you taking the stress of your mom being sick ok?? Hope all ends well smile.gif

Hi Mercy! My sister deserves sainthood for taking care of my mother. My mother has never been the easiest person to get along with. She was very angry with my sister for having her admitted back into the hospital and felt it unnecessary and provoked. However, she had no idea how she was when she was having the TIA! She forgets or is clueless what we have to deal with when she has these episodes. I was there when she had one of them and it totally freaked me out! It is really hard to know what to do! My sister is doing everything she can to keep her from going into a nursing home..........bless her. If she had been as ugly to me as she can be to my sister, I would have no problem putting her in one of those homes! She could take her anger out on someone else besides us who are trying to help her! Aren't I the mean and incompasionate one? rolleyes.gif Obviously I have no patience for that kind of behavior. It is stressful enough with her having these strokes all the time and having to go in and out of the hospital. my poor sister. I have it easy..............I live out of state!
mercyforme 
Posted: 13-May-2004, 03:00 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

female

I see, your mom didnt want help. My grandmother got breast cancer, didnt tell anyone it spread and she did die. In her case though I dont think she saw any point in living.
Be on the lookout in case your mom changes and wants you around. I mean, she might one day see you girls love her and she will want to show you she loves you.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 13-May-2004, 03:08 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thank you Mercy! You mellowed me out! I needed to hear that cause up until now I have been so angry with my mother being so mean to my sister who has done everything in her life to take care of mother. I am flying back there in August to visit her and so hopefully she will be feeling better by then and I can handle things better. smile.gif
mercyforme 
Posted: 13-May-2004, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

female

Your more than welcome!
I wonder if being in the situation your mom is feeling helpless, followed by the fact you said she wasnt easy going beforemaybe she is angry at her situation and taking it out on your sister?? But I hope she stops, give her love no matter what she says.
Maybe you could go get one of those things you squeeze when your stressed or angry. Marker a mean face on it to take your stress out on tongue.gif hang in there, and be a touchstone for your sister.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 13-May-2004, 03:27 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh thank you, Mercy! God must have given you the gift of encouragement I would say! A stress ball would be a great idea! LOL. My mother has always been very independent, so I am sure this really angers her having to be so dependent on others now.
mercyforme 
Posted: 13-May-2004, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

female

Although I dont think my parents like me I would take care of them...hehe they would be in my house smile.gif But I think they would like my brother better, they all drink themselves into drunken crazies, it's a club I didnt join and now am looked down on, heh can you imagine that....
Is there anything good going for you today?
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 13-May-2004, 04:51 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Mercy! Yeah having a good day. My van is in the shop as the a/c went out in it and living in the desert, you don't want that to happen! LOL My dog who was sick is all better. Did some housework today and life is going good. What about you?
mercyforme 
Posted: 13-May-2004, 05:03 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

female

Kinda having a mood swing day, that part isnt easy..and no email from Mike which I love, so bummed about that. But there is some lemon cake with cream cheese in the fridge I am about to give into, that is something good!!!
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 14-May-2004, 08:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I had a good day yesterday: an online friend from Florida was passing thru and stopped in for a visit! She is one of the strongest Christians I've ever met, and has let her sometimes difficult life circumstances teach her to trust God's provision and care... what she had to say really was significant to me because I realized I needed to completely cut loose some 'baggage', some unrealistic hopes & empty goals. After she left, I tossed into the trash three applications for juried art events that would have been a total waste of my money and effort! That world is simply not for me any more and I know it, but I'm doing a "Lot's wife" thing: I keep gazing back at that world, thinking that if I only tried one more time maybe things would get better...

But I am not going the 'pillar of salt' route, no way! I'm on my way now down another path... one of freedom not based on other's opinions...

artist.gif

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Elspeth 
Posted: 14-May-2004, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Good for you Siobhan! Glad you had a good day. God will use your talents in ways that He wants. I am sure you have so much to share. smile.gif

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-May-2004, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (mercyforme @ May 13 2004, 06:03 PM)
Kinda having a mood swing day, that part isnt easy..and no email from Mike which I love, so bummed about that. But there is some lemon cake with cream cheese in the fridge I am about to give into, that is something good!!!

Hope you are having a better day, Mercy! That cakes sounds wonderful! Yum!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-May-2004, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh what a lovely day you had SB! How wonderful it is when God uses people in our lives to teach us or guide us. I gave up that art world. I am saddened by it really, but I just don't see the purpose anymore. I am not interested in it. I am hoping a trip to the UK will get me inspired again. I am not inspired by anything anymore in doing artwork. I seem to prefer the work of others now more so. I want to see and do something different with my artwork and I am not sure what that is!
mercyforme 
Posted: 14-May-2004, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

female

Today is a better day thanks, my neighbor lady bright me a present, I toook her some things last week and she was sweet and brought me something she thought I might like. Now how can I have a bad day when I get that sometimes people are so nice!!!

When it snows here again I am going to make lots wife!!!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]