Posted: 12-May-2004, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Isle of Man
ZodiacRowan

Realm: North Carolina

male

This past weekend my step-father Harlan, my mom Pam (from Texas), my brother Josh and his wife Sherill (stationed in Georgia) stayed at my house. It was the first time my mom had seen my new house. The special occasion was my Grandmother's 75th birthday, all of her children made it. The only other time in 15 years all nine kids had seen each other was at my Grandfathers funeral 3 years ago. A good time was had by all which was rare in the fact that they can be stubborn asses and get into a fight and not talk to each other for years at a time. Their fighting is not the problem, the problem is my family's eating habits. For the first time in 6 months at my new house we had 2 liters of soda other than ginger ale (my wifes) and potato chips, and a bunch of other things that are bad for you, we borrowed the deep fryer from my in-laws for french fried potatoes, a couple containers of ice cream now every one is gone and I have a fridge full of crap. My step dad did take the thing I wouldn't have minded leaving a bottle of spiced rum.

--------------------
"when a person is prepared to die for a cause, and indeed to glory in such a death, it impossible to supress him or the cause it represents." Jawaharlal Nehru

"Only the suppressed word is dangerous." Ludwig Borne

"All of our freedoms are a single bundle, all must be secure if any is to be preserved." Dwight David Eisenhower

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are both immortal and divine." Socrates
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 12-May-2004, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Bundle all of that food stuff up that you don't eat and take it to a Soup Kitchen and give it to them. Explain the situation and why you need to get it out of your home. They will be tickled to receive the donation.
Then you will feel better and all of the "crap" will be gone.

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Aragorn 
Posted: 12-May-2004, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Middle Earth

male

Hehe, Sounds like it was a real bang up time for sure. I think it is time for a good spring cleaning. tongue.gif Get the large garbage can ready at the frig door and start dumping all the evil vile stuff out. Do not let these vile things tempt you!! Only bad things come form this. Hopefully they did not trash the house too bad. I really don't have that problem because we usually go to my parents house and my mom runs a real tight ship if you know what I mean. biggrin.gif

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
--Robert Louis Stevenson
PMEmail Poster               
birddog20002001 
Posted: 12-May-2004, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Isle of Man
ZodiacRowan

Realm: North Carolina

male

I have already "gotten rid of" the ice cream but there is still soda and chips and all of the stuff is opened, and partially used. Within 5 minutes of them ariving I had chocolate candy. One time my wife and I went to visit my Grandma and she and my aunts that live here were having m&m's for dinner! I'm not any better I had potato chips and coke for breakfast. Ugh even after a shower I feel gross and greasy.
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]