Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lunasa And Dervish, Have You Heard Them?
haynes9 
Posted: 30-Sep-2006, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Hey gang!

I am going to hear Lunasa in Durango, Colorado, this Friday and have a chance to hear Dervish in November. Anyone had a chance to hear either of these in concert? How are they?

Is Dervish worth the drive? The Lunasa ticket I have already, but have not purchased one for Dervish yet.

I'd like to hear what the esteemed listeners of Highlander Radio think of these groups. Thanks for the input and have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Keltic 
Posted: 01-Oct-2006, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

Have not seen either in concert but Lunasa is on the top of my playlist. If they are only half as good live as they are on their CDs, it is money well spent. Looking forward to hearing your review of the live show.

Favourite Lunasa CDs - Otherworld and Merry Sisters of Fate.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 01-Oct-2006, 10:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I don't have any CD's from either band but from the articles and reviews I've read about them over the years both bands are top rate. Let us know how they are.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 11-Oct-2006, 06:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

Roberto, let me tell you, Lunasa was fantastic! They really put on a great show. The tunes were top notch and the interaction with the crowd was very good.

They ave a guy that plays the double bass and it really adds to their sound. Of course, after the concert, they took all the time in the world ti visit with the fans and sign Cd's and so forth.

These guys are a "must hear" if they come to your area. They had the crowd going in their direction, that's for sure!

I asked them about Dervish, and apparently they are all great friends. They strongly recommended them, so I will be hearing them in November in Flagstaff. I will let you know what I think!
haynes9 
Posted: 06-Nov-2006, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

Going to hear Dervish this Thursday night in Flagstaff. I'll let you know how it goes. Everyone who I have talked to that has heard them says they are great.
Tracee 
Posted: 07-Nov-2006, 05:03 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

female

I just love Dervish i rember lisoning to them on Live Ireland.com long time ago! I just love there music
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 13-Nov-2006, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

Oh my goodness! I was completely blown away by Dervish! The musicianship was amazing and Cathy Jordan has a unique voice one could listen to all day! I got a PM from ballydun and she concurs! Just an amazing group!

They only have a few more dates in New Mexico. I am looking forward to their next US tour!

They have a new project coming out in May, hopefully. Don't miss it! If you like trad music of the Irish variety, Dervish is for you!
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]