RavenWing 
Posted: 17-Oct-2003, 07:06 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

QUOTE (McHaggis @ Oct 16 2003, 09:32 PM)
Gave religion a wide berth for a long time. Dated a Wiccan, found out that she was as narrow-minded in her beliefs as the Christians she disliked so much. Stayed clear of religions and churches for about 30 years.

She was what we like to call "Fluffy Bunnies"

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
Eclectic_Stag 
Posted: 17-Oct-2003, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: York

male

Thankyou Shadows smile.gif It's interesting to know which cultures people lean to on their Shamanic path. As I'm still in the process of research (I doubt the research will ever end biggrin.gif) I am constantly influenced by various cultures. I find so many similarities it's hard to say if any particular culture has had the most influence...
PMEmail Poster               
McHaggis 
Posted: 18-Oct-2003, 04:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Pismo Beach on theCentral California Coast

male

Re: the Wiccan girlfriend.

Don't know about "fluffy bunny syndrome" (Sexually, we were pretty much like rabbits, if you know what I mean ... that's a good thing, right? tongue.gif )

She SAID she at one time belonged to the same coven as Starhawk and she SAID she knew Zoe Budapest pretty well

Case in point: when I had gopher problems down on my farm her recommendation was that I find "The King Of The Gophers" ala Findehorn (sp?)
and ask him to ask his loyal gopher subject to move to a new location.
And she was deadly serious, too!

My solution? A Hav-A-Hart trap and relocate the pest myself, which caused no end to the grief I was subjected to by said Wiccan girlfriend.

And then there was the spiritual massage chick who found her way into my bed.....until one night during "pillow talk" when she said her main goal with me was to "...make love on the astral plane tied by a silver cord...!"

Well, that relationship didn't last either.

Being pretty much non judgemental vis-a-vis one's path to enlightenment ---though I freely admit it doesn't sound like it here--I must report that I'm just not metaphysical by nature which also causes me grief with those whose raison d'etre is the pursuit of the supernatural at the expense of neglecting the study of the physical world.

In other words, I meet a lot of people who can tell me all about the metaphysical heirarchy but don't know the names of the plants that they walk by every day or can identify songbirds by their melodies or could not survive in the natural (read: physical) world they profess to worship as they posess no skills to deal with nature on it's (anthropomorphizing here) own raw terms.

So what's up with that, Dr. Ruth? Why and how do these women find me..what signals do I put out that attracts the Neo-Tituba element...is it my general kind nature that opens that door? I'm just not a kindred spirit it turns out and am totally comfortable with my place in the greater scheme of things (assuming, of course, that there IS one).....figuring that there's a whole lifetime of things on the physical plane that I have yet to immerse myself in before counting the number of angels dancing on the head of a pin, as it were.....again no disrespect.

And please be aware I am casting no aspersions nor making light of any one's preferred form of cosmological enquiry.

Just asking questions for the sake of debate and /or enlightenment.

RON

--------------------
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT"

"...A bonnie lass I will confess,
Is pleasant to the e'e,
But without some better qualities
She's no lass for me...."

(From "O Once I Lov'd" - Robert Burns)

"There are few more impressive sights in the world than a Scotsman on the make." --J.M. BARRIE (1860-1937)
PMEmail Poster               
maryellen 
Posted: 19-Oct-2003, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: England
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

female

Responding to the previous discussion on individual vs. group mentality. I think it really will not matter in the end which "group" you adhere, too. In the end, I think we're all judged individually.

--------------------
Seize the time,. . .live now, make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again- Star Trek TNG

"The report of my death was an exaggeration."
-Mark Twain, After reading his own obituary, June 2, 1897

If you ever have a world, plan ahead, don't eat it! - Star Trek TNG
PMEmail Poster               
McHaggis 
Posted: 19-Oct-2003, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Pismo Beach on theCentral California Coast

male

Agreed.....there's gonna come a time when we either, ah, "rise" or "fall" on our individual merits....or lack thereof.

Might be a good thing if we were to "get right" in the here and now, ya think?

Even if there's no afterlife it's still a good thing to keep one's standards of conduct up in this one, eh?

RON
PMEmail Poster               
Celeste of the Stars1 
Posted: 02-Nov-2003, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

female

I am also a solitary. I'm also a healer so following the solitary path can be very difficult at times. But then again when I cast my circles I don't have to worry if someone in the group is in a bad mood or PMSing! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Have a day!

Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
Blessed Be,
*Celeste of the Stars*

"Always shoot for the moon that way if you miss you'll always land among the stars"

'An it harm non do what you will'
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]