jime307 
Posted: 04-Aug-2007, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

It's True Chivalry and honor and not the most promoted things anymore now it's all about the bad things happening, but this really touches my heart knowing that there are still a handful of good people out there. Last night and this Morning I was running Relay for Life. Which if you didn't know is a cancer society thing. What was great about it was they honored every single person they knew had cancer. We used little bas lights with candles insind and names on the front to represent people. It was scary how many people there were! The relay was at our track which also doubles as a football field there are gigantic bleachers there and on those there was a bunch of bags arrnged in to the word "HOPE" it was great you could see it form a long distance. There was an hour-long honoring ceremony where the named everyone on the bags. And I had the Idea to try to cheer people up. I gathered as many people as i could and we on the bleachers above the word hope and when they were done listing names of people we started to Chant "HOPE HOPE HOPE HOPE" trying to get people to join in. The sad part was that only 3 other people in the crowd chanted along. Maybe people have given up hope, but i really hope not....

--------------------

St. Patrick's Day countdown banner
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Leyland 
Posted: 19-Aug-2007, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: SC Foothills

female

What a great subject for a thread and then so many kindnesses in the replies! My husband noticed fairly quickly after moving to South Carolina that we "strangers" here are always smiling at one another or talking to each other in lines and so on. There is quite a bit of door holding and reaching out to assist someone clearly in need. He absolutely can't get over the way drivers let others merge in front of them or otherwise politely give way.

But truly, doesn't it all comes down to showing kindness, patience and consideration to everyone who crosses your path?

--------------------
Have a Corona and a smile!
PMEmail Poster               
jime307 
Posted: 25-Aug-2007, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

Indeed it does! biggrin.gif
leenie 
Posted: 31-Oct-2007, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
39,443 Gold!

I've been having a lot of health problems lately. So many people have called, sent cards,made me promise to e-mail them with news. It means a lot to me that I have such good friends. thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 02-Nov-2007, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Well...this is when you really can recognize true friendship leenieww.
True friends sticks by you through tick and thin and this is what counts.
Sometimes the bond of friendship is stronger then one with family.Hope you get well soon leenieww.LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 03-Nov-2007, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

You are so very right, LOA.

Life would be so much better if we remembered to treat others like we would like to be treated ourselves. That doesn't mean you have to please any a**h*** running around out there but I found out that it's easy and no sacrifice at all - and it doesn't hurt, promised! - to give the world a smile. Smile - and the world smiles back.
It doesn't hurt to step aside to let someone in a wheelchair pass in a narrow street. To pick up the heavy bag of an elderly person and to carry it. To walk with eyes open and to give a helping hand where it is needed.
This is how I have been raised and this is the way I raised my own children - not to look away, not to step away and never to become silent about things that really matter.
Peace starts into yourself and your own family. You will never be able to give peace if you are not in balance with yourself and you don't feel peace inside yourself.
Everything you are giving from your heart returns back to your own heart.

*stepping off the soapbox* ... sorry for ranting....

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 04-Nov-2007, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Yes indeed the world would be a much better place if people wouldn't be so selfish in their hearts.

And yes, peace starts within yourself,but again like you say one has to be in balance with oneself to be able to understand the meaning of it.
Otherwise,in my eyes life has no meaning. Thanks Gabby. LOA
PM My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Dec-2007, 08:28 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

So many acts of kindness. It is nice to know there are still kind people out there. I try to always smile and be helpful to others, even to strangers. And this time of year people can be so rude and yet yesterday I had to hold my tongue to keep from letting someone know how rude they were. But luckily I shut up instead.

Where I live, most people are pretty friendly to each other. I live in a somewhat small town and it is nothing to talk to complete strangers in line, hold doors, etc. It is nice to live in an area where people still do that. I have lived in rather large cities where it was just the opposite, but even there you can find the kindest people.

Most of you who know me, know that I am a major animal lover. Well today I saw another lost dog running about the streets. I always carry in my SUV a crate, leash and some treats for incidents such as these lost furry creatures. Luckily the owner had a name tag where I could locate the dog's home and return her safely. Yay! I love it when that happens!

leenieww, I hope and pray you are feeling better. Best wishes to you.
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 09-Dec-2007, 08:53 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan Cathcart-USA
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Perryville, Arkansas

male

Yesterday I was out in town and saw a Lass whose car battery had died, so I stopped to give her a Jump start. She asked me how much she owed me, I responded that she owed me nothing but that she should pass the kindness on and that if she wanted to honour me she should plant a tree in order to make up for the pollutants that her car was emitting. She asked what church I attend and I told her that I am a Druid, well that ended the conversation!

Blessed Be!

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Sir. Raibeart Paris, OGU
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 10-Dec-2007, 02:26 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh my, Druid of Ark! What a wonderful act of kindness you passed along to a lass in distress on the road. We need more folks like you! Even if she didn't have the same beliefs, acts of kindness are contagious and I am sure she will pass it on in remembrance of what you have done in her own way. wink.gif

Blessings to you!
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 11-Dec-2007, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan Cathcart-USA
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Perryville, Arkansas

male

Thank you dear Lassie for the words of encouragement I had the chance to assist a neighbor last evening they had a movie that had to be returned (about 3 blocks away) and they were going to walk done to do it, as they have no car. I am low on gas in my van but came up with a solution. I have a motorized wheelchair so I got in the chair and carried the movies back for them no waste of gas. But I got a surprise on the way home we got a good downpour of rain. Better me than them. I am anxious for the month to end though! Blessed Be!
PMEmail Poster               
jime307 
Posted: 15-Feb-2008, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

That's Wonderful, Interesting Idea about the wheelchair, but hey, you gotta use it sometime! We have a lot of snow (and I mean a LOT) around here and the snowplow in our Neighborhood does the most Horrible job you have ever seen! There's Always lots of snow left a foot or two from the garages, and I though my neighbors would appreciate it so I went out and shoveled the rest of the remaining snow in all the houses (we live in a circle of Townhouses) and still, no one except my next-door neighbor has thanked me, but still, it feels good knowing you did something nice =) have a nice 3-day weekend everyone!
Rindy 
Posted: 18-Feb-2008, 06:54 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Shoveling snow for a elder neighbor or one that can't do it on there own is a wonderful way to help out. thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Finduella 
Posted: 05-Apr-2008, 12:28 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I really enjoy random acts of kindness. The last one for me was when I was driving home on a stinking hot Sydney Summer day I saw and elderly couple walking down my street and the man 's arm was bleeding . I stopped and offered him a lift home , he refused at first then his wife just bundled him into the car. I blasted the air con too cool him down and I took them to their home, It was eazy and natural thing to do and when I get old I'd appreciate the same.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Apr-2008, 03:26 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Good on you, fionadunabar! Not many would do what you did but know there are many other kind souls out there as well. Proud of ye!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]