DianneAscroft 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 06:05 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone,

I just joined the community this morning and thought I'd say hello. I'm a Canadian woman but I've been living in Northern Ireland for almost 2 decades now. My interest in Irish music originally drew me here (and my ancestry) and I stayed...I met my husband a few years after I arrived and I guess I'm truly settled here now. I love a wide variety of Celtic music. I've played Scottish pipes and uilleann pipes but haven't touched either for several years now. I recently started to explore fingerstyle guitar and bluegrass - maybe I'm missing home a bit...I also write and Irish history and historical fiction are both topics I've explored - and will continue to research. I've had historical articles published in Canadian and Irish newspapers and magazines and recently released an Irish historical fiction novel - set in 1940s and 50s Ireland. Hope to get to know people in the coming days.

Dianne

--------------------
www.geocities.com/dianne_ascroft
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
jayhenson 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 06:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Royse City, Texas USA

male

Dianne,
We are all very pleased to have you here! You sound like a very fun and upbeat person, I hope you enjoy the people and forums that are available here, as well as the wonderful music. biggrin.gifj-->dj.gif
You mentioned your ancestry; there is a forum just for that. There are also forums for the Gaelic languages, and pretty much everything else. The people on here are all wonderful (so far evil.gif ) and I have really enjoyed being a member here.

Good luck and hope to see you in the posts!

Slàinte,

Jay
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Harlot 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 06:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Hello and welcome! I am sure you will enjoy yourself here as there are so many wonderful people that visit here and it won't take long for you too meet them I'm sure. Hope to see some post from you soon. cheers.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
valpal59 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 08:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Welcome DianneAscroft!!!! cheers.gif
It is a pleasure to meet you. You have found the greatest music and the greatest people. Enjoy.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Leelee 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 09:16 AM
Quote Post

Lady Leleanda - Mystic Dreamer
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Hello & welcome DianneAscroft smile.gif Enjoy the variety of music, forums & people in this great Community cheers.gif I look forward to reading your posts thumbs_up.gif
PMUsers Website               
Camac
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Hello and welcome. Enjoy.

Camac.

Haggishead 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 09:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Roaming the Highlands of my mind

male

Welcome, Dianne, to the community!

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.
PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Hello and welcome Dianne!

I'm happy you found us and I know you'll love being a part of Celtic Radio! Not only is there great Celtic music, but lots and lots of fun and interesting forums and the nicest people you'll meet, at least on the Internet! tongue.gif

Have fun wandering around - so many things to see and do. Please let us know if you have questions about anything, we're glad to be of help!

I hope you have a great week and I look forward to reading your future posts! smile.gif

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 03:36 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome to Celtic Radio Dianne. I hope you will enjoy the wonderful music as well as the really nice people that you will find here on the forum. I am looking forward to you posting here.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Hello and welcome from another canadian fellow Dianne,
Been to Ireland and would gladly return and probably will in a near future for we have friends overthere in Donegal Co. that's been asking us when will you come back to visit.

I'm glad that you've found us for you've found the greatest place and the friendliest people on the net and of course the music which I hope you'll find to your liking as well since you seem to be another kindred spirit of all that is Celtic.

LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
leenie 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Hello Dianne
What an interesting life it sounds like you have led so far.. What do you miss the most about Canada and what do you love the most about Ireland? I'm sure that you will find this site to have the best music and the nicest people that you could hope to find anywhere. Look around and I hope to see more of your posts soon. Welcome to Celtic Radio!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
kelly64 
Posted: 16-Sep-2008, 09:29 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

female

Hello there from the U.S.! I was there in Ireland 3 years ago on vacation with my husband and just loved it! Hope to be back there soon!
Welcome and hope we can chat some more! I've been working on my family history also to find my irish roots....found one I think but found more from Scotland. Well, hope to read more from you soon! Take care!

Kelly smile.gif

--------------------
Kelly[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=green]
PMEmail Poster               
DianneAscroft 
Posted: 17-Sep-2008, 01:54 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks for the welcomes from everyone! I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it here. I don't get in as often as I like as there are some computer glitches on the computer I use most often and it is just about impossible to post from it. So I have to wait until I can use another computer in the building. But I will get here as often as possible.

Camac, I see you are in Oakville. I'm originally from Toronto - and I used to go to Sheridan College for the summer piping school (I'm sure I don't have to tell people on this board that's bagpipes!). I played pipes for about 20 odd years.

Lady Of Avalon, Hope you get back to visit your friends in Donegal soon. My husband and I like Donegal. We are only about an hour from Bundoran so we sometimes go there for Sunday lunch. I know it's a tacky seaside town but the walk along the shore is lovely. I like to hear country music bands there at the Allingham Arms Hotel but my husband isn't a country fan so that doesn't happen often.

Leenie, the first thing I always think of when I think of missing things in Canada is the summer! I wish we had warmer summers here. This year was awful with almost constant rainy days since mid-June. May was the only nice month all year and now we're into autumn. I live in the country now so I miss all the activities close at hand - I used to be in Toronto. I also miss good public transport - even when something is on here it can be difficult to get to...At the same time there's just something I like about here and don't want to go back to Canada. The people are friendly - that's partly a small town thing too. I've always loved the music so it's great to be able to find it anywhere around here. My husband is Irish so thats another reason to stay. There's just a different atmosphere here that I like - I can't pin it down.

Look forward to getting to know all of you!

Dianne

PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada. They provide music license coverage through SOCAN.
© Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance Tavern, Ye O' Celtic Pub, Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With Chrome (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]